King of Prussia is a small town in the greater Philadelphia region of Pennsylvania. It is northwest of Philadelphia proper. It is located in the township of Upper Merion, PA. The community took its name in the 18th Century from a local tavern named "The King of Prussia Inn, which was named after Fredrick II, King of Prussia. King of Prussia's boundaries are the Schuykill River and U.S Route 422 to the West.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike takes you right to it on the way to Philadelphia. If your going to another city make sure to make a pit stop for about 2 hr in King of Prussia. King of Prussia has the second largest shopping mall in America. It has all different kinds of stores that appeal to everybody's financial budget. Most stores are over priced but they have everything you can think of that would be beneficial to your shopping needs. So if your heading to Harrisburg or somewhere else on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, make sure to get off at the Valley Forge exit to come see what the King of Prussia Mall has to offer.
If your coming from New Jersey head on over to King of Prussia, everybody that is from the tri-state area need to come visit the shops and restaurants at King of Prussia Mall. Also go visit an historical national park, Valley Forge. Come over the Benjamin Franklin Bridge and head west on 1-676 to 1-76, when on 1-76 continuing 15 miles until you come to the Valley Forge exit.
Flying In People from all over the country and world come visit King of Prussia for one thing and one thing only, the King of Prussia Mall. They know that here they will get the same kind of customer service and hospitality in those expenses stores that are back in their hometown over in Europe or wherever they might be coming from. As you fly into Philadelphia International Airport, take a taxi or rent a car whatever suits your financial ability and enjoy a nice 30 min ride to the King of Prussia Mall and get ready to be in awe with what you will see when you walk inside the doors of the King of Prussia Mall.
While it may seem like the only way to see anything is to drive your own car, this turns out not to be the case.
SEPTA (SouthEastern Pennsylvania Transport Authority) runs buses and trains.
Bus 125 runs from KoP directly into the center of Philadelphia. You can catch it along Gulph Rd. You will arrive near the train station at 30th St and Market St; from there, you walk a few feet to the station itself and get on the eastbound subway towards the Old City and other attractions. As of 2008, the bus fare is $2 per trip. The buses run every 20 min during peak hours and every hour off-peak, during the weekdays, and the trip takes around 40 min.
While taking a bus may seem inconvenient, you will save time and hassle by not driving into Philadelphia yourself. Relax and let the bus driver fight the traffic. You will save even more time and money since you don't have to find a place to park your car in the city!
In the reverse direction, the last bus leaves Philly (again at 30th and Market) at about 10PM, on weekdays. Check the SEPTA website  for specific information.
There is a train station in neighboring Conshohocken, at Washington and Harry. Regional Rail R6 will take you to the city center. The train ride takes about 30 min, and the fare is $5 if you buy tickets on board ($4 if you buy in advance). Check SEPTA's website for timetables.
The station has a park-and-ride lot, but spaces may not be available to tourists.
There is also a train station in KoP, on Gulph Rd southeast of the mall. However, it would be a long and dangerous walk from the mall area, and there may or may not be short-term parking there.
Get in the car and drive. If it is for a day trip to the mall or just to go see what King of Prussia has to offer, the car is the best bet. Besides the traffic on the Pennsylvania Turnpike and Interstate 76, the car is quickest and most convenient way to get King of Prussia. If your coming from Center City, Philadelphia, get on I-676 (Vine St Expressway), then go I-76 towards Valley Forge. Stay on Valley Forge for about 30 minutes. After proceeding on I-76 get off at the King of Prussia Exit. If you want to go to the King of Prussia mall follow the exit signs for Mall Boulevard. If your coming from the suburbs of Philadelphia, take the Pennsylvania Turnpike towards Harrisburg, then proceed to the Valley Forge Exit.
- King of Prussia mall The largest mall in the country in terms of leasable retail floorspace with all the usual American mall shops and includes everything from shoes to jewelery and business suits. There are European stores like Versace. There are two parts to the mall, the Plaza and the Court providing both upmarket, quite ritzy stores as well as middle end stores. The mall caters to many tastes and styles.
- Valley Forge National Park - Valley Forge was the site of the 1777-78 winter encampment of the Continental Army. The park commemorates the sacrifices and perseverance of the Revolutionary War generation and honors the ability of citizens to pull together and overcome adversity during extraordinary times. Come experience history through biking, hiking and site seeing. Valley Forge National Historical Park is nationally significant as the site of the 1777-78 winter encampment of the Continental Army under General George Washington. Few places evoke the spirit of patriotism and independence, represent individual and collective sacrifice, or demonstrate the resolve, tenacity and determination of the people of the United States to be free as does Valley Forge. The historic landscapes, structures, objects, and archeological and natural resources at Valley Forge are tangible links to one of the most defining events in our nation's history. Here the Continental Army under Washington's leadership emerged as a cohesive and disciplined fighting force. The Valley Forge experience is fundamental to both American history and American myth, and remains a source of inspiration for Americans.
- Philadelphia Rock Gym, E-520 N. Circle Drive, Oaks, ☎ 610.666.7673, . Minutes from King of Prussia is the area's first and only full service rock climbing facility, offering introductory classes, teambuilding, outdoor adventures, day passes, group rates and event rentals.
- Theatre Horizon, 243 Crest Way, ☎ 610.283.2230, .
- Valley Forge National Historical Park, 1400 North Outer Line Drive, ☎ 610.783.1077, . The focal point of Valley Forge attractions is the 3,600-acre Valley Forge National Historical Park. It was here that General George Washington forged his Continental Army into a fighting force, during the difficult winter encampment of 1777-78. Of all places associated with America's War for Independence, none conveys the suffering, sacrifice and ultimate triumph more than Valley Forge. No battles were fought, no bayonet charges or artillery bombardments took place. Nonetheless, some 2,000 soldiers died - more Americans than were killed at the battles of Brandywine and Germantown combined. Valley Forge is the story of an army's epic struggle to survive against terrible odds, hunger, disease and the unrelenting forces of nature. Today, the park is a lush, 3,600-acre expanse of rolling hillsides dotted with flowering dogwood trees. Washington's original stone headquarters has been restored and furnished; log huts have been reconstructed; and statues and monuments throughout the park remind visitors of our national heritage. Among them are statues of General "Mad Anthony" Wayne and Baron Friedrich von Steuben; and the Monument to Patriots of African Descent. Stop at the Visitors Center at the junction of Rt 23 and N. Gulph Rd. Open daily, it features exhibits, artifacts, a gift shop and an 18-minute film. Rangers will be leading "Following in their footsteps" tours to discuss the life of everyday soldiers. The actual walk is a quarter mile. Walks begin every day at 11:50; 12:50 and 1:50. Please meet at the park theater 10 minute prior. Free. Bus tours available from the weekends in Sep and Oct at 11AM, 1PM and 3PM. Tours also available on Thanksgiving weekend and Dec 27-31. Prices range from $5 (Children under 12) to $10 per person Reservations for bus tours required - call 610.783.7503.
- Encampment Store at Valley Forge National Historical Park, 1400 North Outer Line Drive, ☎ 610.783.1074, . Take the Valley Forge experience home with you. Shop a wide selection of Revolutionary War books, unique gifts, reproductions, and toys.
- King of Prussia Mall, 160 North Gulph Road, 610-265-5727, . The largest shopping mall on the east coast of the United States, with many famous brands including, Armani Exchange, Lacoste, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany, Eddie Bauer, and Timberland.
- H&M, 160 North Gulph Road (From PA Turnpike (276) Take exit #326 at Valley Forge), ☎ +1 610 962-7870, . M-Sat 10-9PM. "International style icons such as Viktor & Rolf, Stella McCartney and Karl Lagerfeld.
- Coppermill Harvest, 480 N. Gulph Rd. (in the Sheraton Park Ridge Hotel), ☎ 610.337.1800, . Refined contemporary, yet casual, American specialty restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner from an a la carte menu and a buffet breakfast and lunch. Saturday seafood buffet.
- Desi Village - is a casual Indian/Pakistani restaurant on Gulph Rd south of Dekalb (near the mall). The food is good and there are vegetarian offerings. $20-$30 for two people.
- Seasons 52, 160 N Gulph Rd Suite 101, ☎ +1 610 992-1152, . Su-Th 11:30AM-10PM, F-Sa 11:30AM-11PM. Fresh grill and wine bar offering a seasonally-inspired menu and award-winning international wine list.
- Sullivan's Steakhouse 700 West Dekalb Pike. ☎ +1 610 878-9025. Steaks, seafood, hand-shaken martinis and live music.
- Maggiano's Little Italy, 205 Mall Blvd. ☎ +1 610 992-3333. Italian style cuisine.
- Ruth Chris Steak House, 220 North Gulph Road,. ☎+1 610 992-1818.
- Stirling's Restaurant at the Crowne Plaza Valley Forge, 260 Mall Boulevard - Crowne Plaza Hotel (directly across from King of Prussia Mall), ☎ 610.265.7500. Experience the culinary talents of award-winning chef Mark Spaulding.
- Cafe Soleil at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, 1160 First Avenue, King of Prussia, ☎ 610.337.2000. Bright and cheery café serving made-to-order eggs and omelets by Chef for breakfast and burgers, sandwiches and wraps for lunch. Enjoy pasta to your liking at popular Pasta Bar.
- Creed's Seafood & Steaks, 499 N. Gulph Rd, King of Prussia, ☎ 610.265.2550, . Chef John Talbot offers a diverse selection of fresh fish, seafood and steaks along with a raw bar menu. Live entertainment Friday and Saturday nights in the bar. Reservations suggested.
- Morton's The Steakhouse, 500 Mall Blvd, King of Prussia, ☎ 610.491.1900, . USDA Prime aged steaks, fresh seafood, hand picked vegetables and home-made desserts served in an elegant, club-like setting. Open for dinner nightly, private Boardroom dining available.
- Ruth's Chris Steak House, 220 N. Gulph Rd, King of Prussia, ☎ 610.992.1818, . Oversized USDA-prime steaks, live lobsters and fresh seafood are accompanied by 10 varieties of potatoes, fresh vegetables and salads with homemade dressings. Reservations encouraged. Private rooms available for groups. Valet parking available.
- The Melting Pot, 150 Allendale Road - Suite 2100, King of Prussia, ☎ 610.265.7195, . This unique dining experience with its assortment of fondue, cooked at the table by the guests, is the perfect location for a romantic evening, corporate party or friendly gathering.
- Blue Pacific Chinese Bistro and Sushi, 160 N. Gulph Rd - The Plaza at King of Prussia, King of Prussia, ☎ 610.337.3078, . Sushi and pan-Asian menu including noodles, tempura, seafood, satay, and sake in a casual dining environment. Affordable prices.
- Bear Rock Cafe, 192 West DeKalb Pike - Valley Forge Shopping Center, King of Prussia, ☎ 610.265.6505, . A unique quick-casual restaurant featuring hand-crafted sandwiches, hot and savory soups, fresh salads, loaded baked potatoes, oven fresh breads and desserts. Take-out and catering services. Free WIFI site.
- Peppers Italian Restaurant & Bar, 239 Town Center Road - Valley Forge Shopping Center, King of Prussia, ☎ 610.265.2416, . Excellent food made to order. Is known for large food and drink portions with good prices. Voted best Italian Restaurant Readers Choice five years in a row. Locally owned and operated.
- Michael's Deli - Restaurant, 130 Town Center Rd - VF Shopping Center - Rt 202, King of Prussia, ☎ 610.265.3265, . Best of Philly award; Jewish-style deli/restaurant featuring jumbo deli sandwiches and 500 different brands of cold beer.
- Chumley's Steak House, 1160 First Ave - Radisson Valley Forge Hotel, ☎ 610.337.2000, . Chumley?s sports bar, with 10 high-definition televisions, features traditional favorites like burgers and wings, as well as frosty cold beers. Juicy steaks and delicious seafood served in the dining room.
- Blue Grotto Italian Bistro & Bar, 1210 First Ave - Scanticon Hotel & Conference Center, ☎ 610.265.1500, . Romantic candlelit dining room. Perfect for an escape to the Mediterranean. Ask about The Cove, our most popular and romantic table.
- Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery, ☎ +1 610 230-2739. Featuring fresh, handcrafted, moderately priced lunches, dinners, and late night dining. Beer brewed on premises. Banquets and large parties welcome.
- Maggiano's Little Italy, 205 Mall Blvd, King of Prussia, ☎ 610.992.3333, . Often said to be reminiscent of pre-World War II Little Italy, Maggiano's blends the tradition of family, good times with friends, and authentic Italian cuisine.
- Bahama Breeze, 320 Goddard Boulevard, King of Prussia, ☎ 610.491.9822, . Bahama Breeze lets you Feed Your Island Spirit® and experience a Caribbean escape without leaving town. Has the food, drink and atmosphere you would find in the islands.
- Legal Seafoods, The Court at King of Prussia Mall. ☎ +1 610 265-5566. Over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list.
- Cheesecake Factory, The Plaza at King of Prussia Mall. ☎ +1 610 337-2200. Cheesecake and a selection of food from the Thai lettuce wraps for an appetizer to handcrafted burgers.
- California Pizza Kitchen (CPK), The Court at King of Prussia Mall, 470 Mall Blvd., ☎ +1 610 337-1500, . 10AM-10PM.
- Fox & Hound Pub & Grille, 211 Mall Boulevard, ☎ 610.962.0922, . Cable & Satellite system with 40+ televisions, 24 draft beers, 50+ bottled beers, premium wine & spirits, upscale billiards-games of skill. "We throw a cocktail party 7 days a week."
- Fitzwater Station, 264 Canal St, Port Providence, ☎ 610.933.9958, . Snacks, lunch, dinner and drinks on our deck overlooking the historic Schuylkill Canal, or on our glass enclosed porch. Daily and weekend specials, weekly entertainment. Paddle boats, Canoe and Kayak rentals.
- Kildare's Irish Pub, 826 West DeKalb Pike, ☎ 610.337.4772, . The true flavor of Ireland permeates every aspect of our establishment, from every stone, mural and tile placed, to our distinctive recipes and music.
- Mad Anthony's Tavern, 480 N. Gulph Rd - Sheraton Park Ridge Hotel, ☎ 610.337.1800, . Snacks and sandwiches. Comfortable bar serving a full line of spirits, wine by the glass, domestic and imported beers.
- Maxwell's Pub, 301 DeKalb Pk - The Inn at Valley Forge, King of Prussia, ☎ 610.337.1200, . Sports bar atmosphere and casual dining with 44 beers (8 on tap).
- Screwball Sports Bar & Grille - 216 W Beider Rd. #600. ☎ +1 610 337-3888
- MainStay Suites - King of Prussia, 440 American Ave, ☎ +1 484 690-3000, .
- Sleep Inn - King of Prussia, 440 American Ave, ☎ +1 484 690-2000, .
- Comfort Inn Valley Forge, 550 W. DeKalb Pk, King of Prussia, ☎ 610.962.0700, . Complimentary Continental breakfast, newspaper, HBO, free high-speed wireless internet, fitness center, data ports, iron and board, coffeemaker, hairdryer. Refridgerators available. Adjacent to the King of Prussia Mall. AAA/AARP discounts. Silver Award winner.
- Hampton Inn - King of Prussia, 530 W. DeKalb Pk, King of Prussia, ☎ 610.962.8111, . 147 rooms. Multi-purpose rooms for meetings and functions. Free business and fitness centers. Group rates. Free deluxe breakfast bar. King deluxe rooms with microwave and refrigerator available. Free local calls.
- Morgan Suites, 600 Lewis Rd, Suite 118. Whether you need a furnished apartment, housekeeping services, or a fully equipped kitchen, Morgan Suites will be happy to take care of your needs. Numerous locations throughout Pennsylvania, South Jersey and Silver Springs. Also located in New Castle, Delaware.
- The Fairfield Inn Philadelphia-Valley Forge, 258 Mall Blvd, King of Prussia, ☎ 610.337.0700, . 80 rooms. Across from King of Prussia Mall, near Valley Forge Park, convenient to PA TPK and I-76.
- Best Western Inn at King of Prussia, 127 S. Gulph Rd, ☎ 610.265.4500, . 167 rooms. Deluxe Complimentary Continental breakfast, heated outdoor pool, spa and fitness center. Two miles from Valley Forge National Historical Park, 15 miles from Historic Philadelphia, across from King of Prussia Mall.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 260 N. Gulph Rd, ☎ 610.768.9500, . Three Diamond AAA rating. Complimentary Express Start Breakfast, USA Today newspaper, HBO,CNN,ESPN, High Speed Internet access, and fitness room with whirlpool. New two-room suites. Discounts at local restaurants
- Valley Forge Towers North, 3000 Valley Forge Circle, ☎ 610.783.7700, . Valley Forge?s premier high-rise, featuring spacious apartments with clubhouse amenities, overlooking breathtaking Valley Forge National Historical Park. Minutes from four major highways and King of Prussia shopping and dining. M-F, 9AM-6PM; Sa-Su, 10AM-4PM.
- Dolce Valley Forge Hotel, 301 West DeKalb Pike. ☎ +1 610 337-1200- come experience a state of art new hotel that offers amenities that will blow you away
- Park Ridge Hotel and Conference Center at Valley Forge, 480 N. Gulph Rd, King of Prussia, ☎ 610.337.1800, . Dedicated conference center for up to 600 people, with one mile of the King of Prussia Mall and Valley Forge National Historical Park. 265 guest rooms, outdoor pool, tennis, fitness center, adjacent golf course. 24-hour room service, restaurant, sports tavern. IACC approved.
- Dolce Valley Forge, 301 West DeKalb Pike, King of Prussia, ☎ 610.337.1200, . North of the King of Prussia Mall on US 202, Dolce Valley Forge features 327 newly renovated luxurious guest rooms, a health club, outdoor pool and gift shop.
- Crowne Plaza Valley Forge, 260 Mall Blvd, King of Prussia, ☎ 610.265.7500, . This hotel has features unique in the King of Prussia area. Offering 225 guest accommodations, restaurant with lounge, two elegant ballrooms and state-of-the-art amphitheater. IACC approved.
- Valley Forge Scanticon Hotel & Conference Center, 1210 First Ave, King of Prussia, ☎ 610.265.1500, . More than just a hotel, Scanticon Valley Forge is also a top choice for meetings. Multi-purpose general sessions for 15-90 and breakouts from 5-15. 160 guest rooms. IACC member.
Traffic in this area is thick and fast-moving, especially during rush hours (7-9AM and 4-6PM). Expect the interchanges to be backed up to the point where there are lines of cars winding around the nearby neighborhoods. Try to familiarize yourself with the traffic flow before you try driving in it, because if you are in the wrong lane trying to get onto one of the freeways, you will probably not be able to move over and will have to go the wrong direction and take a detour. Gulph Rd and Schuylkill River Rd are winding, steep, and have suprisingly high speed limits even though there are houses on them. Watch out for hidden driveways and sudden stops.
Be careful walking around the town. There are few crosswalks or pedestrian signals. Near the mall, you will be forced to jaywalk if you want to get anywhere on foot. It is not a pedestrian-friendly area by any means.
- King of Prussia Mall, 160 North Gulph Road, King of Prussia, Guest Services. ☎ +1 610 265 5727
- Valley Forge National Park 1400 North Outer Line Drive King of Prussia, Welcome Center. ☎ +1 610 783-1077
|Routes through King of Prussia