| || |
'''Timberland'''- The Court at King of Prussia Mall 610-265-2193
'''Timberland'''- The Court at King of Prussia Mall 610-265-2193
| || |
King of Prussia is a small town in the greater Philadelphia region of Pennsylvania. It is northwest of Philadelphia proper. It is located in the township of Upper Merion, PA. The community took its name in the 18th Century from a local tavern named "The King of Prussia Inn, which was named after Fredrick II, King of Prussia. King of Prussia's boundaries are the Schuykill River and U.S Route 422 to the West.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike takes you right to it on the way to Philadelphia. If your going to another city make sure to make a pit stop for about 2 hours in King of Prussia. King of Prussia has the second largest shopping mall in America. It has all different kinds of stores that appeal to everybody's financial budget. Most stores are over priced but they have everything you can think of that would be beneficial to your shopping needs. So if your heading to Harrisburg or somewhere else on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, make sure to get off at the Valley Forge exit to come see what the King of Prussia Mall has to offer.
If your coming from New Jersey head on over to King of Prussia, everybody that is from the tri-state area need to come visit the shops and restaurants at King of Prussia Mall. Also go visit an historical national park, Valley Forge. Come over the Benjamin Franklin Bridge and head west on 1-676 to 1-76, when on 1-76 continuing 15 miles until you come to the Valley Forge exit.
Flying In People from all over the country and world come visit King of Prussia for one thing and one thing only, the King of Prussia Mall. They know that here they will get the same kind of customer service and hospitality in those expenses stores that are back in their hometown over in Europe or wherever they might be coming from. As you fly into Philadelphia International Airport, take a taxi or rent a car whatever suits your financial ability and enjoy a nice 30 minute ride to the King of Prussia Mall and get ready to be in awe with what you will see when you walk inside the doors of the King of Prussia Mall.
While it may seem like the only way to see anything is to drive your own car, this turns out not to be the case. This traveler was pleasantly surprised by the SEPTA (SouthEastern Pennsylvania Transport Authority) buses and trains. Bus 125 runs from KoP directly into the center of Philadelphia. You can catch it along Gulph Rd. You will arrive near the train station at 30th St and Market St; from there, you walk a few feet to the station itself and get on the eastbound subway towards the Old City and other attractions. As of 2008, the bus fare is $2 per trip. The buses run every 20 minutes during peak hours and every hour off-peak, during the weekdays, and the trip takes around 40 minutes.
While taking a bus may seem inconvenient, you will save time and hassle by not driving into Philadelphia yourself. Relax and let the bus driver fight the traffic. You will save even more time and money since you don't have to find a place to park your car in the city!
In the reverse direction, the last bus leaves Philly (again at 30th and Market) at about 10 pm, on weekdays. Check the SEPTA website  for specific information.
There is a train station in neighboring Conshohocken, at Washington and Harry. Regional Rail R6 will take you to the city center. The train ride takes about 30 minutes, and the fare is $5 if you buy tickets on board ($4 if you buy in advance). Check SEPTA's website for timetables.
The station has a park-and-ride lot, but spaces may not be available to tourists.
There is also a train station in KoP, on Gulph Rd southeast of the mall. However, it would be a long and dangerous walk from the mall area, and there may or may not be short-term parking there.
Get in the car and drive. If it is for a day trip to the mall or just to go see what King of Prussia has to offer, the car is the best bet. Besides the traffic on the Pennsylvania Turnpike and Interstate 76, the car is quickest and most convenient way to get King of Prussia. If your coming from Center City, Philadelphia, get on I-676 (Vine St Expressway), then go I-76 towards Valley Forge. Stay on Valley Forge for about 30 minutes. After proceeding on I-76 get off at the King of Prussia Exit. If you want to go to the King of Prussia mall follow the exit signs for Mall Boulevard. If your coming from the suburbs of Philadelphia, take the Pennsylvania Turnpike towards Harrisburg, then proceed to the Valley Forge Exit.
- King of Prussia mall - a very large shopping center, with all the usual American mall shops. It is the largest mall in the country in terms of leasable retail floorspace. This mall includes everything from shoes to jewelery. If you need a business suit come to the King of Prussia Mall. This mall is mostly for the high end people who are looking to spend a lucrative amount of money. There are European stores like Versace. There are two parts to the mall, The Plaza and The Court. Inside these parts are ritzy stores and middle end stores. It caters to everybody's taste of style.
- Valley Forge National Park - Valley Forge was the site of the 1777-78 winter encampment of the Continental Army. The park commemorates the sacrifices and perseverance of the Revolutionary War generation and honors the ability of citizens to pull together and overcome adversity during extraordinary times. Come experience history through biking, hiking and site seeing. Valley Forge National Historical Park is nationally significant as the site of the 1777-78 winter encampment of the Continental Army under General George Washington. Few places evoke the spirit of patriotism and independence, represent individual and collective sacrifice, or demonstrate the resolve, tenacity and determination of the people of the United States to be free as does Valley Forge. The historic landscapes, structures, objects, and archeological and natural resources at Valley Forge are tangible links to one of the most defining events in our nation's history. Here the Continental Army under Washington's leadership emerged as a cohesive and disciplined fighting force. The Valley Forge experience is fundamental to both American history and American myth, and remains a source of inspiration for Americans and the world.
American Apparel- The Plaza at King of Prussia Mall 610-337-2644
Armani Exchange- The Plaza at King of Prussia Mall 610-354-9810
Bcbg Max Azria- The Plaza at King of Prussia Mall 610-265-4910
Lacoste'- The Plaza at King of Prussia Mall 610-337-6528
Louis Vuitton- The Plaza at King of Prussia Mall 610-992-0392
Tiffany & Company- The Plaza at King of Prussia Mall 610-768-9200
David Yurman- The Plaza at King of Prussia Mall 610-265-6370
Eddie Bauer- The Court at King of Prussia Mall 610-233-0086
Juicy Couture- The Plaza at King of Prussia Mall 610-337-0310
Timberland- The Court at King of Prussia Mall 610-265-2193
- H&M, 160 North Gulph Road, King of Prussia, PA 19406 (From PA Turnpike (276) Take exit #326 at Valley Forge), ☎ 610-962-7870 end_of_the_skype_highlighting, . Monday-Saturday 10am to 9pm. "H&M is one of world's largest fashion brands, offering its customers fashion and quality at the best price. The company was established in Sweden in 1947 and as of spring, 2007 has more than 1,300 stores in 28 countries. H&M’s own designers and buyers create the company’s clothing collections, offering a wide range of clothing -- everything from fashion basics to the latest trends. H&M is also a pioneer of design collaborations with international style icons such as Viktor & Rolf, Stella McCartney and Karl Lagerfeld. The H&M store in the King of Prussia Plaza and the Court promises customers an inviting and exciting shopping experience, and with new fashions arriving every day, shoppers will always be surprised by the fresh selection of merchandise."
- Desi Village - is a casual Indian/Pakistani restaurant on Gulph Rd south of Dekalb (near the mall). The food is good and there are vegetarian offerings. $20-$30 for two people.
- Seasons 52, 160 N Gulph Rd Suite 101, ☎ 610-992-1152, . Su-Th 11:30AM-10PM, F-Sa 11:30AM-11PM. Fresh grill and wine bar offering a seasonally-inspired menu and award-winning international wine list.
- Sullivan's Steakhouse:vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks, seafood, hand-shaken martinis and live music. Come spend a nice night with a date at Sullivan's and just take it all in from the atmosphere the wonderful service. 700 West Dekalb Pike, King of Prussia, PA
- Maggiano's Little Italy - Bring the whole family and enjoy Italian style cuisine with lots of fabulous, delicious items to choose from.205 Mall Blvd., King of Prussia, PA
- Ruth Chris Steak House - After an unforgettable Ruth's Chris experience, the word "sizzle" will take on a new and delectable meaning.220 North Gulph Road, King of Prussia, PA (610) 992-1818
- Blue Pacific Chinese Bistro & Sushi - Sushi and Pan-Asian menu including noodles, tempura, satay, seafood, and sake in a casual dining environment. The Plaza at King of Prussia Mall (610)-337-3078
- Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery - Featuring fresh, handcrafted, moderately priced lunches, dinners, and late night dining. Beer brewed on premises. Banquets and large parties welcome! (610)-230-2739
- Legal Seafoods - Legal Sea Foods has long proven that a consistent, high quality dining experience never goes out of style. With over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list, there’s no doubt why legions of fans have fallen hook, line and sinker The Court at King of Prussia Mall (610)-265-5566
- Cheesecake Factory - This place has not just the best cheesecake in the world but they have a fabulous selection of food from the Thai Lettuce Wraps for an appetizer to the very delicious handcrafted burgers ready to devoured by you!!! The Plaza at King of Prussia Mall (610)-337-2200
Kildares Irish Pub - 826 West DeKalb Pike (610) 337-4772
Fox & Hound Pub & Grille - 211 Mall Boulevard (610) 962-0922
Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery - 1001 King of Prussia Plz (610) 230-2739
Screwball Sports Bar & Grille - 216 W Beider Rd. #600 (610) 337-3888
- Best Western Inn at King of Prussia has clean and comfy rooms, and is right next to the mall. In addition, the 125 bus into Philly is directly outside the parking lot.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites - King of Prussia, 260 North Gulph Rd, ☎ 610-768-9500, .
- MainStay Suites - King of Prussia, 440 American Ave, ☎ (484) 690-3000, .
- Sleep Inn - King of Prussia, 440 American Ave, ☎ (484) 690-2000, .
- Crowne Plaza - Valley Forge 260 Mall Boulevard 610-265-7500- offers very comfortable beds for those on vacation, for business travelers, has meeting spaces for companys, can host weddings, proms and other kinds of events
- Dolce Valley Forge Hotel - 301 West DeKalb Pike 610-337-1200- come experience a state of art new hotel that offers amenities that will blow you away
- Scanticon Valley Forge Hotel - 1210 1st Avenue 610-265-1500- if your planning a next convention this is the ideal place to do it. After the convention is done you don't have to go anywhere else but your hotel room.
Traffic in this area is thick and fast-moving, especially during rush hours (7-9 am and 4-6 pm). Expect the interchanges to be backed up to the point where there are lines of cars winding around the nearby neighborhoods. Try to familiarize yourself with the traffic flow before you try driving in it, because if you are in the wrong lane trying to get onto one of the freeways, you will probably not be able to move over and will have to go the wrong direction and take a detour. Gulph Rd and Schuylkill River Rd are winding, steep, and have suprisingly high speed limits even though there are houses on them. Watch out for hidden driveways and sudden stops.
Be careful walking around the town. There are few crosswalks or pedestrian signals. Near the mall, you will be forced to jaywalk if you want to get anywhere on foot. It is not a pedestrian-friendly area by any means.
These are the contact information for the two attractions in the King of Prussia Area. Be sure to visit each one of these attractions to get your full stay here at ritzy King of Prussia, PA!!
- King of Prussia Mall 160 North Gulph Road, King of Prussia, PA 19406 | Guest Services: 610.265.5727
- Valley Forge National Park 1400 North Outer Line Drive King of Prussia, PA 19406 Welcome Center (610) 783-1077
|Routes through King of Prussia