Kincardine is a town in Bruce County, Ontario.
Kincardine  is a small town located on the eastern shore of Lake Huron. Most people arrive here by car, from the east on highway 9, or from the north and south on highway 21.
There are buses daily from Toronto, London and Owen Sound.  
There is a municipal airport  serving charter flights and private pilots.
There is a busy marina  serving mainly recreational boaters.
In the winter, blowing and drifting snow frequently causes dangerous driving conditions. Occasionally conditions require the highway to be closed to traffic. Check the weather forecast , road conditions  and road closures  before leaving. Make sure your car tires are in good condition, and travel with clothes appropriate to the weather.
Most people get around Kincardine by car, bike or foot. There are no public buses, but there are several taxi services.
- ABC Taxi, ☎ 519-396-0111. edit
- Kin Taxi, ☎ 519-396-3411. edit
- Freds Cab, ☎ 519-396-7717. edit
The Kincardine Lighthouse
The icon for the town is the Lighthouse, which is painted on the watertower seen from the highways, as you come into town. The Lighthouse is located one block west of Queen Street (the main street). Inside the Lighthouse is a Maritine Museum . Across the street is the Paddy Walker House Museum . A Phantom Piper  plays from the top of the lighthouse at sunset.
Kincardine is a very popular tourist destination in the summer. There are events such as the Kincardine Summer Music Festival , the Kincardine Scottish Festival , Cruise Nights  (Classic Cars) and Fishing Derbies  planned almost every weekend.
Unique to the town, is the Saturday night pipeband parade. The Kincardine Scottish  assemble at Victoria Park and parade down Queen Street, playing bagpipes and drums, followed by a crowd. At the end of the street, they take a brief break, and parade back to the park (followed by the crowd). Some nights, they are joined by visiting pipebands.
During July and August the Bluewater Summer Theatre  presents plays. During the winter the amateur Kincardine Theatre Guild  presents plays using the same facilities. The Kincardine Legion  organizes regular bingos, dances and community dinners.
Most people come here to enjoy the lake. The water is clean and there are lengthy stretches of easily accessible beach for swimming or sitting in the sun and the fresh lake air.
There are four golf courses nearby:
- Ainsdale Golf Course
- Somerhill Golf Club
- Kincardine Golf & Country Club
- Black Horse Golf Course
Kincardine has an extensive network of walking trails .
Kincardine tourism information can be found at Kincardine Tourist Info  or the Bruce County Tourism  pages. Remnants of the wreck of the ship "Anna Maria" can be seen at Station Beach.
Pine River Cheese & Butter Cooperative, south of Kincardine on highway 21, ☎ 519-395-2638 (fax: 519-395-4066), . Fresh cheese and discount "trim ends" are available for purchase from the factory store which is open every day during the summer. edit
Fincher's, 816 Queen St, ☎ 519-396-7012. Toys - Games - Jigsaw Puzzles - Hobbies - Children's Books - Playmobil Toys - Webkinz edit
- the new Bean's Bistro, 728 Queen Street, Kincardine, ☎ 519-396-4777. Great local coffeehouse without the franchise-feel of big chain coffeehouses. This one's been here for a while, and was recently updated/ decorated (choose your own cosy and spacious nook inside!). Offering light breakfast and lunch fare as well as great, individually hand-prepared regular and specialty coffees, teas, fair trade... too many great offerings to list. Check them out for yourself, and discover a taste of Bruce-Grey County that you'll want to visit again and again! edit
- Subway, 699 King St, ☎ 519-396-5959, . edit
- Tim Horton's, 303 Broadway St, ☎ 519-396-6666, . edit
- Tim Horton's, 812 Durham St, ☎ 519-395-0800. edit
- Godfather's Pizza, 950 Queen St, ☎ 519-396-4444, . edit
- KFC, 1796 Hwy 21North, ☎ 519-396-3850, . edit
- McDonald's, 792 Broadway St, ☎ 519-396-4414, . edit
- The Erie Belle, 259 Harbour Street, ☎ 519-396-4331. Regular visitors to Kincardine always stop in the Erie Belle for deep fried fish and lots and lots of chips. edit
- Bruce Bar and Grill, 750 Queen St, ☎ 519-396-5100. Every town in Ontario used to have a "hotel". This was Kincardine's, which is why local people occasionally refer to it as "The Bruce Inn". The Canada South Blues Society  puts on regular concerts here. edit
- Embassy Restaurant, 1113 Sutton St, ☎ 519-396-3877. edit
- Gilley's Feed Lot Bar & Grill, 832 Queen St, ☎ 519-396-7423. edit
- Jean's Family Restaurant, 1120 Sutton St, ☎ 519-396-1900. A good place to go for breakfast. edit
- Knotty Pine Restaurant, 507 Broadway St, ☎ 519-396-3132. Chinese and Canadian cuisine. edit
- New Seasons Tavern & Restaurant, 722 Queen St, ☎ 519-396-2323. Chinese buffet on Thursday, Friday, Saturday nights. edit
- Shipwreck Lee's Bistro, 312 Durham Market Square, ☎ 519-396-5555. edit
- Victoria Park Restaurant, 335 Durham Market Sq, ☎ 519-396-8001. edit
- Watercress Bistro, 829 Queen St, ☎ 519-396-5727. Formerly Shelley's and not open after 4PM. edit
- Tramonto.pasta, 765 Queen St, ☎ 519-396-8466. edit
- Harbour Street Brasserie, 217 Harbour Street, ☎ 519-396-6000 ([email protected]), . Tu-Sa dinner starting at 5PM. edit
Most bars and pubs offer food (see Eat above) as well as drink. The following usually have a large selection of draft beer.
- The Erie Belle, 259 Harbour Street, ☎ "519-396-4331". * <drink name="Hawg's Breath Saloon and Deli" address="894 Queen Street" phone="519-396-6565">Eat the peanuts and throw the shells on the floor! edit
In the summer, the hotels, motels and cottages are frequently full. The Municipality of Kincardine maintains a current list  of the numerous homes offering bed and breakfast.
- Private Waterfront Cottages. Kincardine Area > edit
- Best Western Governor's Inn, 791 Durham St, ☎ 519-396-8242 (fax: 519-396-8524). edit
- Kincardinite Motel, 319 Kincardine Ave, ☎ 519-396-7511 (fax: 519-396-7004). edit
- Living Waters Cabins, 392 Queen St, ☎ 519-396-3887, . edit
- Maple Leaf Inn, 481 Broadway St, ☎ 519-396-5888 (fax: 519-396-5868). edit
- Save Inn Motel, 1111 Sutton St, ☎ 519-396-5454. edit
- Southsider Motel, 354 Queen St, ☎ 519-396-3159. edit
- Aintree Trailer Park, 2435 Huron Concession 12 Rd, ☎ 877-396-8533, . edit
- Bluewater Trailer Park, 847 Saugeen Street, ☎ "519-396-8698, . Great location right across from Dunsmoor Park and the beach. edit
- Green Acres Campground, Aintree Road, ☎ 519-395-2808, . edit
Larger nearby towns are Goderich (~ 30 minutes by car south), Walkerton (~ 30 minutes east), Port Elgin (~ 30 minutes north).
The nearest major centres are London (2 hours south-west), Kitchener (1.5 hours east) or Owen Sound (1.25 hours north)