Khulna is the main city in Khulna Division in Bangladesh. On the bank of Rupsha (and Bhairav) river, it is known as the industrial city and located in southern part of Bangladesh. A large part of the Sundarbans, a UNESCO world heritage is located in Khulna. It has many Jute mills, the only newsprint mill and hardboard mill of Bangladesh, the only state-owned match factory (Dada match, later Dhaka match), Oxygen company (BOL), Ship yard. Khulna is the 3rd largest city in Bangladesh after Dhaka and Chittagong. It is a quiet, calm city inhabited by 1.5 million people.
NovoAir and US-Bangla have regular flights (four daily) to Jessore air port and both of these airlines provide shuttle bus to Khulna city. Cost approximately Tk. 2700(USD 32.00).
- Regular buses all day and night runs from capital city Dhaka to Khulna. Well known are Shohag Paribahan (transport) , Eagle transport, A K Travels, Hanif transport etc. They all have air conditioned and normal chair coach services. Cost approximately Tk 500 (USD 7.00). Usual time is 7 hours.
- Buses also run from Jessore (Tk50, 1 hour)
- The Rocket Steamer launches from here several times per week heading to Dhaka (Tk 1200/650 for 1st/2nd class per person, 2 per cabin, 26-30 hours) with a few stops along the way including Barisal. It departs Khulna at 2:45AM, but it's possible to board the boat around 6-7PM the night before and sleep in your berth for no extra charge. The boats launch from Rocket Ghat just behind the train station, where you'll also find the BIWTC office for ticket bookings.
There are 2 trains per day from Dhaka to Khulna. One day train (Chittra express) and one night train (Sundarban Express). Check the schedule in advance as the trains have an off day. Prices range from 500 tk for a non-ac seat, 1.000 tk for a 1st class (snighda) seat or 1.750 taka for an AC bed.
There is a weekly international service from Kolkata, India called Bandhan Express. It is a fully air-conditioned train with Chair Car and First Class compartments.
- Cycle-rickshaws are the main method of transport. From the bus stand to the center or from one end of town to the other shouldn't run more than about Tk10, and as little as Tk4 for shorter journeys.
- It is also possible to rent a scooter (3 wheel) for little longer journeys.
- Wonderland Shishu (Child) park. At Khalishpur region. A theme park.
- Fultola Zoo. Maintained by Bangladesh Army. A nice place to spend a whole day. Take a scooter from the city center.
- Gollamari Memorial. Memoir for the mass murder in Gollamari river during independence war of 1971. On the way to Khulna University.
- Khulna University, . Located at Gollamari, a modern univerity area with nice view and lakes. Good for spending an afternoon in natural surroundings.
- Rupsha Bridge, a place frequently visited by local people. In the Lobon Chora area. A long awaited bridge over the Rupsha river connecting Bagerhat and Mongla port. You can walk along the bridge and take a snap of Khulna city and the Rupsha river.
- The Home of Khan E Sabur, located at Lobon Chora area. Go by rickshaw or scooter. A nice garden and pond. Open for public access. It is a police camp now. A two lion sculpture to the Rupsha river with staircase into the river. There is a nice view of the river and nature.
- Prem Kanun. Nice statues made of trees and its really awesome place.
- St Joseph's Church, Babu Khan Rd. A catholic church run by the friendly, English-speaking Father Jacob. Daily mass is at 6AM, and they welcome visitors.
- Market stalls run along the river between the train station and the ferry terminal. While their products are unlikely to be what tourists are looking to buy, the people are friendly, many of the tea stalls are great, and from time to time you get a glimpse of the river.
- Hadis park, in the city center, spend your free time here. If you are lucky there will be a show of some kind on there.
- Stay overnight in a nearby village (Ocean Tourism & Travel Agency [] arranges excellent village trips)
- New Market, Khan A Sabar Rd, (in the north of the town). This is a big two-story shopping complex, selling clothing, electronics, etc. It's not too exciting, but a good place to buy a Bangladeshi outfit, a cell phone, or cd's and dvd's. Check out Coffee Heaven on the 1st floor for a refresher between shopping and using the internet cafes - they indeed have a large contraption that resembles an espresso
- Cheaper option - Picture pallace mor market.
- Hotel Castle Salam, G-8 KDA Avenue, ☎ +880-41-720160,is one of the largest Hotel of Khulna that provides different types of facilities for people
- Hotel Royal is one of the largest Hotel of Khulna that provides different types of facilities for people.
- Aloka Restaurant, 1 Khan A Sabar Rd. This is a good option if you're staying in the central hotel district, with friendly waiters serving delicious Bengali food. Meals from around Tk 600. It's on the 2nd floor, look up for the sign.
- Hotel Western International has a very good restaurant on site, serving several different cuisines, including a few good soups and a spicy version of fish and chips! Meals from Tk 150
- Near New Market. Tk. 200 per person..
- Many budget restaurant at Moylapota mor and picture pallace mor,
Alcohol can be a little hard to find in Khulna. Famous drinks are Lassi or Faluda. Deluxe, Shourov restaurant at Dak Bunglow mor/Picture pallace mor are good option.
To the east of the intersection of Khan A Sabur Rd and Cemetery Rd is a cluster of budget hotels in the various alleys.
- "City inn ltd."B-1, Mojid Sarony, KDA, C/A, Khulna-9100, Bangladesh. Phone: +880-41-2834067-72, Mobile: +8801711298501, Fax: +880-41724844, E-mail: [email protected] Web-site: www.cityinnltd.com, Web-mail: [email protected]
- Hotel Noor Ayan 134,Khan-A-Sabur rd. +88-041-733 800. A nice hotel with good rooms. Very new hotel. Tk. 700-800 for double with fan. At 09.2014
- Hotel Royal International, 33 K.D.A.Avenue, +88-041-21638, 21639. A nicer hotel with rooms from Tk.900-3000. With complementary breakfast, the food is very good.
- Hotel Western International, 51 Khan A Sabur Rd, +88 733 191. The nicest hotel in the town, with very friendly staff and nice, clean rooms. Tk800+.
- Hotel Castle Salam, G-8 KDA Avenue, ☎ +880-41-720160, . One of the best hotels in town centre. Air conditioned rooms.
- Hotel Society, in the cluster of hotels around the city center, probably never lived up to its name. Tiny rooms with cold showers, squat toilets and mosquito nets are just bearable. They ask Tk75/50 for attached/shared bath, but attached can be bargained down to at least Tk60, making it a worthy budget option.
- Hotel Park, 46 K.D. Ghosh Road, +24077, 20990. An ok option. Rooms Tk150-750.
- Khulna Metropolitan Police Control Room, 20220.
- Khulna Sadar Hospital, 20133.
- PhotoFrame.Net, 2/6 Babu Khan Road (Beside Commerce College) Khulna (Tel: 041 731916), Have a handful of computers and very good and fast internet connection which is mostly said that the fastest cyber cafe in khulna. Charge: TK 20/hr.
- Messenger Cyber Cafe is probably the best of a handful on the top floor of New Market in the north of the city, with a decent connection (for Khulna), Tk20/hour.
- Rangdhonu digital studio Rangdhonu digital studio and training center goalkhali bus stand.
- Shat Gombuj Mosjid (The sixty dome mosque), in the Bagerhat district. One hour travel from Khulna. Take a bus from Sonadanga bus terminal or from Rupsha ferry terminal.
- Monlga sea port, 40 minsutes bus ride. Take a bus from Sonadanga bus terminal or from Rupsha ferry terminal. A nice place to see the Poshur river too. Scenic beauty overlooking the Sundarban. Cross the river by Shampan boat to go to the Mongla city. It is possible to hire a boat to roam around to the Sundarban.
- Sundarbans - Khulna is a good place to arrange a trip into the Sundarbans, and there are several private operators. If you're on a budget try comparing prices among the several lined up near the BIWTC Rocket reservation office.
- Bengal Tours, 236, Khan Jahan Ali Road, Khulna, Tel: 041-724 355, 01711-27 5231,  is one of the most reliable, with several-day excursions costing around $130/person or more.
- Guide Tours, KDA Building, 041 731 384,  is one of the most reliable, with several-day excursions costing around $150/person or more.
- Ocean Tourism & Travel Agency, 283/1, Sher-E-Bangla Road, Nirala, Khulna (2nd Floor of Friends' Health Care & Diagonstic Center), Mobile : +880 1722-438706 or +880 1918-612065 
- Travel Solution Ltd.,Shib Bari, Khulna is one of the leading Corporate Travel Agents in Bangladesh who can arrange your Visas|Flights|Hotels|Packages etc . Mobile : +880 1918-332206 or +880 01615-466466. E-mail: [email protected] or [email protected]