Kendari is the province capital of South East Sulawesi .
Haluoleo airport ( it was 'Wolter Monginsidi Airport (IATA: KDI)) is located 26 km from Kendari and has only direct flights to Makassar and Jakarta. It is about 30 minutes from airport to the city by car.
There are few airlines to kendari such as:
- Garuda indonesia, operates once a day
- Sriwijaya air, operates twice a day
- Lion air, operates 11 times a day. Boeing type is just 3 times a week.
- Merpati air, operates more than once a day
Almost all of the airlines have to transfer to Makassar to Kendari. It takes about 45 minutes from Makassar to Kendari.
Meter taxi is about Rp. 80.000 and up to the city, but there are rent car which is cheaper Rp. 50.000 per person.
It's quite hard to get taxi. The service by telephone is bad. You better get it on the street.
Since few years ago, the government makes the rules to change the color into blue. One thing that kendari proud of it is that the transportation is clean and so uptodate with the latest song. You will hear loud music with sound system , sometimes with colorful lamp . It would feel like in a running discothique. It's so easy to get this. You just stand across the street and in a few second, the pete-pete will come to you. No need afford at all. Even maybe not just 1 but 2 will to you, if you want to stop it, just say 'kiri' means 'left' and pay Rp. 2500 per person to the driver in front. But don't be scare if you get a bad driver. They drive it with no rule just to get the passengers and stop anywhere as they want.
- Ojek (motorbike with the driver)- You can find those in some spots on the street. The price depends on how far you go, negociate.
- Becak (tricycle)- Not to many for some areas. The price depends on how far you go, negociate.
There are quite a lot of beaches in Kendari but they are not maintained well unfortunatelly. So you may always find rubbish everywhere you go especially for the toilet, dirty and lack of facilities. The government should take care of it for the improvement of tourism. Do not forget to bring everything you need because there is no shop out there.
This is one of the icons of Kendari. There are lot of mini cafes all over the street which open 5 pm untill midnight. Just bring friends and enjoy the sunset, relax, order drinks and snacks in front of the beach.
The location is not far from the city and become one of the most favourite beach in Kendari. There are lots of coconut tree along the beach. Bring friends, family and do activities such as camping, swimming, and may be partying for some groups.
It is located on the same way to toronipa. If you find mosque, turn left then and just follow the way. There is no sands in here. This place is good for you to eat grilled fishes, do snorkling (but you may just find crabs or small fishes, not many though) and swimming
The wave on this beach is so calm, the water is not clear. It'd be better to gather with family and enjoy the food you bring.
- Batu Gong
Located far from the city and the road is quite complicated. But still many people like to go there especially on holiday.
Located far from the city. It takes about 2 hours to get there but you won't regret it. When you get there, you would meet great wave about 1 meter high just like in Kuta bali. It's good to swim in here, playing with the wave, or just sitting down and grill fishes.
- Pantai pasir putih
They say this beach is really nice with white sands and clear water which is good to swim. Located next to taipa beach behind the hill. There are 2 ways to get there from taipa beach. First is by walking through the hill at taipa, follow the path to across it. And the second one is just easy rent a public boat from the fisherman and you will get there just in about 10 minutes.
The water is so clean, nice view but you have to park your car outside and walk few Kms to get in here.
This is the icon of Kendari. It seems like monas in Jakarta. You can get inside and it will bring you to the upstairs to see the city.
- Inul Vista
It's a franchise, owner by dangdut singer named Inul Tista.
It's a franchise, owner by Indonesian artist named Lyra Virna.
It's a franchise, owner by Indnonesian singer named Rossa. Located on jl. Saranani.
The new one is located next to Swissbel Hotel. The old one is at Mandonga
Located on jl. Saranani. There are 2 studios. The new movies are playing 1 day slower than XXI.
- Swissbel Hotel
Located at bypass
- Iron Gym
Located on jl. Bunggasi Andonuohu.
Located on the second floor of Sanya supermarket.
- VSL Salon
Hair cutting - Styling - Perming - Smoothing - Coloring - Toning - MakeupArtist - Eyebrow/lips/eyeliner embroidery - Creambath . Located on jl. Bunggasi Andonuohu about 400m after undonohu market. You need to make an appointment. Call 0821 37978465. BBM PIN 57A64133.
- Nattaya Salon
Salon, Spa and Bridal. Located on jl. Bunggasi Andonuohu
It is easy to find supermarket in Kendari. It's all on the main street.
1. Mall mandonga. Sells low to middle stuffs with bargain.
2. Brylliant plaza. Matahari Department Stores, Yoppie Salon, Green Market, Java Mocca, Foodcourt. Located on Jl. Sao - sao
3. Rabam Supermarket. KFC, Gramedia Book Stores, Optik Melawai, ATM center
4. Lippo Mall ( operated on september 2012). Pizza Hut, Body shop, Hypermart, Mocco donuts, Es Teler 77, Texas, Solaria, Matahari, Sport Station, Optik Melawai, BIllabong, Salt & Pepper, Everbest, Bucherri shoes, Yoppie salon, Timezone, Coffee Break, etc.
5. MGM (shopping center) It is located right in front of Bahtera Mas Hospital, on the way to airport. There are supermarket, karaoke, foodcourt, ATM center, Cafe.
6. Sanya supermarket / caddy's gym
7. Marina supermarket Located in undonuohu. ATM center.
The most popular food you can try in kendari is all about fresh seafood! Fishes, crabs, shrimps, squids are served by grilled or fried. There is traditional food which called Sinonggi. It's made from sago which is strirred with hot water until it blend smoothly. The texture is like glue. They serve it with Palumara, fishes with yellow sour soup. The other food is :
Coto makassar. Guts, beef served with peanut soup
Sop saudara. Guts, beef served with soup, lighter than Coto makassar's soup
Sop konro . Ribs with soup
Sop kikil. Soup served with egg
Pisang ijo . Banana wrapped by green flour
There are a lots of stalls which sell it you can meet all over the street.
- Fajar Restaurant. Served chinese and Indonesian food
- Pier 29. Served chinese and Indonesian food
- Pronto. Served western and Indonesian food
- D' Salsa. Served Indonesian food
- Surya. Served chinese and Indonesian food. Located at jl. Malik
- Ayam Penyet. Served Indonesian food. Located at jl. Sao-sao and jl. Anduonohu
- Ayam Goreng Sulawesi. Served indonesian food especially fried chicken
- Ayam goreng Lakidende. Served grilled and fried chicken. Located at Wua-wua.
- Wong Solo. Served Indonesian food
- Xo Suki. Served chinese food, especially suki. Located in Liippo Plaza on the ground floor right in front of Hypermart.
- D' Suki. Served chinese food, especially suki. Located on jl. Saranani. It's one building with Hollywood and Coffee Toffee.
- Centro. Served chinese food. Located at bypass
- Citarasa. Served chinese and Indonesian food. Located at Andonuohu
- Mie Titi. Served chinese and Indonesian food. Located at Mandonga
- Alamo. Served indonesian food especially seafood. Located near to Kendari beach
- Aroma Sulawesi. Located at bypass Mandonga
- Aroma Labbakkang. There are 2. First is located near to 'tripping bridge' and the second one is near to Kendari Beach.
- Nusantara. Located at Wua-wua
- Mie pangsit 88. Located at Pasar Baru
- "Mie pangsit Nirwana". Located at Benu-benua
- "Mie pangsit ai Belanda kota". Located at Kota
- Excelso. Located at Wua-wua
- Kopi Kita. Located near to MTQ
- Coffee Toffee. Located on jl. Saranani. Above Hollywood cinema
- Double Dips
- Triple 999
- The Imperium (Imperium), Ruko Spazia Blok H 01 No. 1 Jl. Malaka, Anduonohu, ☎ (0401) 300 4888, . edit
- Swiss Belhotel Kendari ****, Jl. Edi Sabara No. 88, By Pass (Kendari, South East Sulawesi), ☎ 624013128777, . The first international four star hotel in South East Sulawesi, have a total 109 rooms with convention facility and located 25 minutes from Haluoleo airport edit
- Plaza Inn ***. Plaza Inn Hotel Kendari by Horison is conveniently located in the heart of cultural city. Enjoy a modern hotel situated within walking 5 minutes to the RABAM Mall, 20 km to Haluoleo International Airport. Jl. Antero Hamra 57 - 59, Komplex Pier 29. Phone : +62-401-3131888. Fax : +62-401-3131777. Email : [email protected]
- Horizon ***. P: 0401 - 3131 888
- Dragon Inn. the Low Cost Design Hotel Company, for the budget conscious traveler, with competitive rates starting from Rp. 360.000 per night. jln. Edi Sabara no 8 - Kendari Sulawesi. Tel. 0401-3131 889. Fax. 0401-3131 899. E : [email protected] http://www.dragoninnhotel.net/home.php?cat=kendari
- Dewa bintang
- Amaris. Under construction
- Santika. Under construction
Middle up level. There are 12 big rooms. Price range is Rp. 2000.000/ month. Get disc for taking 3 months. Facilities : Ac, new comfort bed, TV, bathroom inside - shower - hot/cold water. Located near to Kaisar Baasir Mandonga, behind ATTAYA hotel, in front of KENDARI SUITE HOTEL. Ibu yuliana, call (085) 255538066.
- Pulau Hari
Great place to start learn scuba diving! Clear water, white sands, great colorful corals, wrecks, plenty of fishes, starfish, shark if you lucky to see. No human stay here. It takes about 30 minutes by speedboat with 2 machines (approximately Rp. 1.650.000 include all), 1,5 - 2 hours by public boat.
- "Pulau Labengki or pulau cinta"
It needs car for about 1 hour from the city to sawah ( around pudong gala beach or taipa beach or lasolo) and small boat about 2 hours to get in here. The view is so spectacular with green bluish water and if you climb the hill to the top you can see the inner island across looks like "LOVE" and the other side view like mini "Raja ampat" . Note: for diver, it's not recommended because there is nothing to see out there.
- Saponda Darat
Located further than Pulau hari. More fishes, more corals compared to pulau hari.
- Saponda Laut
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|