Republic of Karelia is a region of Russia, a part of Northwestern federal district of Russia.
- Petrozavodsk - the capital city, the biggest city of Karelia
- Lake Onega, the second-largest lake of Europe.
- Kizhi island. This island is famous for beautiful wooden church and other buildings. The whole architectural ensemble of Kizhi island is UNESCO Wold Heritage site.
- Besov Nos Cape. This site is famous for ancient drawings, hammerred in the rocks.
- Lake Ladoga. The largest lake of Europe.
- The Vodlozersky national park
- Martial waters spa
- Kivach waterfall
- Solovetsky Islands in the White sea, with their famous monastery. Technically they are not part of Republic of Karelia but, of Arkhangelsk Oblast, but they are located close to Karelian shore.