| || |
| || |
Kakogawa (加古川市) is in Hyogo, Japan.
Kakogawa, is the name of the River cross the city.
From its strategic location in the Harima area, Kakogawa has thrived as a strategic point of east-west traffic since long ago. Saijo Tumuli, from which the oldest belt fittings in Japan were uncovered, have been designated a Historic Site of Japan.
In the 7th century, the “Kako no Umaya” was set up as a relay post along the ancient Sanyo Highway, which later in Medieval times grew into an assemblage of inns and stables known as “Kakogawa-Juku”. Kakurinji shotoku, houses many national treasures and important cultural properties that tell people today about the romanticism of times passed.
Kakogawa is a strategic point of east-west traffic, blessed with wondrous natural surroundings. The invigorating and pristine landscape has molded a number of unique people throughout our history.
- Fifurative Arts and Letters
- - Seira Matsuoka : Representative haiku poet of the 18th century
- - Yoichi Sugawara: Veteran singer know by everyone
- - Goro Tani: Radio personality
- - Shigetoshi Hasegawa: Major League Baseball player
- - Kumejiro Taki: Founder of Taki Chemical and inventor of the first chemical fertilizer in Japan
30min from Kobe by train, JR Sanyo Line.
From Kansai airport there is 6 bus by days. (around 3,000円 - 5,000円 if go and back). More information : 
- Takamikura Mountain , 20min by car from Kakogawa.
- Himeji Home to Japan's most beautiful castle.
- Movie theater.
- Kakurinji temple , Old temple build by Syoutokutaishi. (National Treasures of Japan)
- Fireworks festival.
- Kakogawa Marathon.
- Tsudemachi, 2 days walking festival.
- Kakogawa beef are the same type as Kobe beef, but quite less expensive.
- Katsumeshi Food is one of the beef speciality of Kakogawa City.
- Yakiniku from Miraku Restaurant and Katsujii Restaurant are famous in Kakogawa.
Ｎｅａｒ the station :