Kahului Airport (IATA: OGG)(ICAO: PHOG), 1 Kahului Airport Rd # 5, . The main airport for the island of Maui, and the second largest commercial airport in the state. It is a secondary hub for Hawaiian Airlines, which provides interisland service to Kahului from the other major airports in the state. Several major U.S. airlines also provide non-stop service to Maui from the West Coast and beyond. There are non-stop flights to Kahului International Airport from the following cities (some cities may be seasonal or only offer service certain days of the week): Anchorage, Chicago, Dallas Fort Worth, Denver, Hana, Hilo, Honolulu, Hoolehua, Kamuela, Kapalua, Kauai Island, Kona, Lanai City, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Portland, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle and Vancouver.
- Maui Arts and Cultural Center, 1 Cameron Way, ☎ +1 808 242-7469, . Tu-Su 11AM-5PM. Completed in 1994, the Arts and Cultural Center is one of the island's best venues for both visual and performing arts. The Schaefer International Gallery is Maui's only museum-quality art gallery, while several performance venues including the Castle Theater and Alexander and Baldwin Amphitheater provide space for concerts and plays. Free admission for most exhibits in the Schaefer Gallery.
- Maui Nui Botanical Gardens, 150 Kanaloa Ave, ☎ +1 808 249-2798, . M-Sa 8AM-4PM. Seven acre site focused on flora of Maui, Moloka'i, Lana'i and Kaho'olawe.
- Helicopter and small plane tours of Maui and the other Hawaiian Islands are available at the airport.
There are only two hotels in Kahului, both of them on the budget end of the scale. Both are centrally located in Kahului not far from the airport and provide clean and comfortable accommodations, but if you're expecting amenities on the scale of properties in Kaanapali or Kihei, you will be sorely disappointed.
- Maui Beach Hotel, 170 Kaahumanu Ave. Average price about $119 (as of 3/07).
- Maui Seaside Hotel, 100 Kaahumanu Ave. Clean, basic hotel on white sand beach. Average price about $115 (as of 7/10).
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|