Kahului Airport (IATA: OGG)(ICAO: PHOG), 1 Kahului Airport Rd # 5, . The main airport for the island of Maui, and the second largest commercial airport in the state. It is a secondary hub for Hawaiian Airlines, which provides interisland service to Kahului from the other major airports in the state. Several major U.S. airlines also provide non-stop service to Maui from the West Coast and beyond. There are non-stop flights to Kahului International Airport from the following cities (some cities may be seasonal or only offer service certain days of the week): Anchorage, Chicago, Dallas Fort Worth, Denver, Hana, Hilo, Honolulu, Hoolehua, Kamuela, Kapalua, Kauai Island, Kona, Lanai City, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Portland, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Jose, San Francisco, Seattle and Vancouver.
- Maui Car Rental 866-344-7612 [https://www.hawaiicarrentaldiscount.com Hawaii Car Rental] Rental cars at Kahului Airport OGG from major car companies.
- Maui Arts and Cultural Center, 1 Cameron Way, ☎ +1 808 242-7469, . Tu-Su 11AM-5PM. Completed in 1994, the Arts and Cultural Center is one of the island's best venues for both visual and performing arts. The Schaefer International Gallery is Maui's only museum-quality art gallery, while several performance venues including the Castle Theater and Alexander and Baldwin Amphitheater provide space for concerts and plays. Free admission for most exhibits in the Schaefer Gallery.
- Maui Nui Botanical Gardens, 150 Kanaloa Ave, ☎ +1 808 249-2798, . M-Sa 8AM-4PM. Seven acre site focused on flora of Maui, Moloka'i, Lana'i and Kaho'olawe. Maui Nui Botanical Gardens (MNBG) is dedicated to the protection of Maui Nui’s rich native plants and cultural heritage. By collecting, cultivating, and distributing native and Polynesian-introduced plants and providing people with a gathering place to see and understand the important relationship these plants have to the life and culture of Maui.
- Helicopter and small plane tours of Maui and the other Hawaiian Islands are available at the airport.
- Volcano Air Tours (Maui Air), Kapalua or Kahului Commuter Terminals, ☎ 808-877-5500, . 8am-7pm. The only air tour on Maui that takes you to the Kilauea volcano on the Big Island. call.
- Ululani's hawaiian Shave Ice, ☎ 360-606-2745, . Home made shaved ice. Flavors made with local purees and extracts. $3-$8.
- da Kitchen Kahului, ☎ 808-871-7782, . Local & Hawaiian Food establishment with growing roots on the Island of Maui and expanding in 2010 to the outer Island of Oahu. Big portions at a reasonable price. Customer base is purely through word of mouth.
There are only two hotels in Kahului, both of them on the budget end of the scale. Both are centrally located in Kahului not far from the airport and provide clean and comfortable accommodations, but if you're expecting amenities on the scale of properties in Kaanapali or Kihei, you will be sorely disappointed.
- Courtyard Marriott at the Airport, ☎ 1-800-871-1800, . Right off the runway, and brand new. Check out the website for more information. from $229/night.
- Maui Beach Hotel, ☎ 808-954-7421, . On the shores of the Kahului Bay and minutes from the airport. very affordable with free internet and free airport shuttle service. Get quoted on website.
- maui Seaside Hotel, ☎ 800-560-5552, . Offers a combination of play and relaxation. ocean front and short distance to Maui attractions. From $109.