- 9th June-9th July, 2006 FIFA World Cup 2006, in Germany.
- 13th-24th June, 2006 Cities across Ischia Ischia Events.A cinema festival with premieres and retrospective themes dedicated to films located in Europe, especially Italy. Ischia, for example, was one of the favorite locations for films made in Italy from the 1950s onwards. Some of the films made here are “Vacanze a Ischia" with Vittorio De Sica, the colossal “Cleopatra” with Richard Burton and Liz Taylor and the more recent film “The Talent of Mr Ripley” with Matt Damon and Jude Law.
- 6th June~10 June 2006 Computex Taipei - held at the Taipei World Trade Centre, Taipei, Taiwan, this is the world's second largest and Asia's largest IT show.
- first week of June: festival to mark the founding of the Republic (Italian: Festa della Repubblica) in Italy
- Mid-June: Tiszavirágzás, the natural spectacle of emerging mayflies, happens on the Tisza River in Hungary
- late June - early July: Wimbledon Tennis Championships  in London, England
- Late June: Midsummer Solstice (Swedish: Midsommar) celebrations held in Stockholm
- Late June: Midsummer Solstice Neo-pagans and druids gather at the ancient site of Stonehenge, England
- Late June: Glastonbury Festival, a huge weekend music festival in Glastonbury, England
- Dragon Boat festival, in China and Taiwan
- Trooping the Colour, in London
- Portland Rose Festival, in Portland, Oregon
- Escape into the Park, Swansea, UK - one of Europe's largest urban dance and rock festivals.