Sunshine Coast (South Africa) : Jeffreys Bay
Jeffreys Bay is located within the Cacadu District of South Africa.
Also known as J-Bay, the town is famous for surfing, white sand beaches and an abundance of sea shells. The town became popular with surfers after the 1966 movie Endless Summer.
The Jeffreys Bay region is renowned for its gorgeous beaches, never ending summers, plentiful shells and is best known as “the Surf Mecca of the World”. The beautiful beaches are safe for bathing and provide endless excitement for water sports. Not far from Jeffreys Bay lies the charming town of St Francis Bay. It is known for its endemic white houses with either black tile or thatch roofs blending together with the Sardinian-style red tile roofs. Approximately half of the town is built around the largest web of manmade canals and waterways in Africa. Adjacent to St Francis Bay is the pastoral fishing village of Cape St Francis with its outstanding beach and historic Seal Point Lighthouse while Port St Francis is the harbour. Visit Oyster Bay, a town that caters for those who enjoy quiet time and relaxation. Explore this district with its beautiful beaches, rich wildlife and adventures - surf the waves or swim with dolphins, there is something for everyone in this picturesque and breathtaking Jeffreys Bay area.
2km east of JBay is Marina Martinique, a development on 5km of man-made saltwater canals. 2.5 km north, is the beautiful valley of Kabeljousriver with its waterfall. These are good places to stay if you like a bit more peace and quiet than accommodation in town can offer. Aston Bay borders on Marina Martinique and if you cross the causeway over the lagoon of the Seekoi River, you come to Paradise Beach. Paradise Beach is relatively undeveloped with 6 kilometers of unspoiled beach all the way to the Kromm River which separates from St Francis.Not recommended to swim across
Ocean temperatures are around 23°C in summer
- St Francis Bay Airport Shuttle services, ☎ +27 (0)78 499-4027. This cab service travels betweenPort Elizabeth airport, Jeffreys and St Francis Bay and transport tourists in and around the various towns and establishments. 
- J Bay Cabs, ☎ +27 (0)83 611-1003, . Offers shuttle service between Port Elizabeth, Jeffreys Bay and St Francis Bay, registered and fully insured, Available 24/7.
You can easily walk around in town. Most places you want to be are centered around Da Gama Road, the main beach and Supertubes. Car rental, taxi, and bike rental are also available.
- Bicycle Hire, ☎ +27 (0)83 661 5393. As the name says, available at All Africa J Bay Lodge oppesite 7/11 in centre of town
- Jeffreys Bay Surf Museum, ☎ +27 (0)84 240-1741. The Jeffreys Bay Surf Museum is situated inside the QuicksilverShop, where the history of surfing in Jeffreys Bay is displayed by way of newspaper clippings, articles, old magazines, ancient surfboards and lots of other interesting objects.
- Jeffreys Bay Shell Museum, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-1945 ([email protected]). M-Sa 9AM-4PM, Su 9AM-1PM. J-Bay is well known for the huge quantity and the quality of shells that can be found on the beaches. A good book to use as a guide is The Sea Shells of Jeffreys Bay by Douw and Elise Steyn (ISBN 0-620-24008-3, Eldolise Publishers, [email protected]). There is an annual Shell Festival in September and a lovely Shell Museum on the corner of Drommedaris and Da Gama Roads.
- Aston Bay. Situated between Jeffreys Bay and Paradise Beach, this area offers long stretches of untouched sandy beaches surrounded by protected nature reserves. Sightings of small buck, tortoises, a large variety of birds, rabbits and mongoose are part of every day life in this nature conservancy and the creatures are much loved by local home-dwellers.
- Humansdorp """, ☎ +27 (0)42 295-1361. The pleasant town of Humansdorp can be found en route to Plettenburg Bay from Port Elizabeth. The Kouga Cultural Centre is a famous attraction due to its symbolism and portrayal of the African Renaissance.
- Oyster Bay. What originally started off as a coastal farm before 1956, has since evolved into the small coastal town called Oyster Bay. Found 14km west of St Francis Bay, activities such as swimming, as well as rock, deep sea and surf fishing can all be enjoyed in this seaside town.
- Paradise Beach. Paradise Beach promises a relaxing day on a pristine white beach, away from the hustle and bustle of everyday city life. The name itself, explains it all…it really feels like paradise. Because of its wide and uncrowded beach, it’s also a paradise for windsurfers and kite boarders with a nice breeze most of the year.
- St. Francis Bay The charming holiday town of St Francis Bay is known for its endemic white houses with black roofs, either tile or thatch, together with Sardinian-style red tile roofs. It is set around the astonishing Marina canals, offers a delightful escape from the pressures of daily life, in a haven of peace and tranquility. Enjoy the glorious beaches, excellent water-sports, a leisurely lifestyle and the magical beauty of its unspoilt surroundings.
- Cape St Francis ☎ +27 (0)42 294-0076, . Cape St. Francis is renowned for its peace and tranquility. Nonetheless, surfers from all over the world flock to this coastal village in hopes of surfing a wave at the popular Seal Point. There are a number of nature reserves in the area, and another key attraction, is the lighthouse, which was established in 1878 and has since been declared a national monument.
The enthralling Jeffreys Bay boasts gorgeous blue flag beaches with plentiful shells - safe for bathing, water sports and fishing. The best beaches fro sunbathing and swimming are Dolphin Beach (the main beach) and Kabeljous-on-Sea. The best surfing location is the Super Tubes, home to the perfect wave. Other spots include the Boneyards, Kitchen Windows, Magna Tubes, Point and Albatross.The area offers everything from kite surfing on the Seekoei and Kabeljouws rivers to regular kite flying and a myriad of other water sports, including canoeing, sea kayaking, scuba diving and even some great angling from the rocks or out at sea. Game drives, mountain and quad biking and are but some of the other exciting options to consider.
Be a spectator at the annual Billabong Pro surfing competition, watch surfers at Supertubes all year round or hit the waves yourself. With numerous surf schools, surf shops and surfboard manufacturers based in the town, there is no excuse not to learn.
- Jeffreys Bay Surf Trips, ([email protected]). www.jeffreysbay-blog.co.za  Daily surf lessons, safari, visit to a surfboard shaper, accommodation, food - All-in Surf Package.
- Jeffreys Bay Surf School, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-4214 or +27 (0)82 324-7284 ([email protected]). Wetsuit and board is supplied. Around R300 for first lesson.
- Kahuna Surfing Acadamy, ☎ +27 (0)21 783-4965 ([email protected]), . R250 to R350.
- South Coast Surf School & Swim Club, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-2923 ([email protected]). Wetsuit and board is supplied. Around R300 for first lesson.
- Ubuntu Surf Co., 8 Cherry Street,Wavecrest,, ☎ 27 (0)42 296-0376, . Offers excellent surf lessons with the highly recommended Andrew Moon & Wavecrest Surf Academy. Guided surf tours are available for the JBay & St Francis area, plus longer trips going as far as Cape Town and the Garden Route. from R200.
A number of companies offer deep sea fishing charters. Most of the boats operate from nearby St Francis.
- J-Bay Fishing, Shop 7, Flauna Building, Goedehoop street, ☎ +27 (0)83 300-3200. All gear will be supplied. Cost is around R400 per person per trip, but discounts can be had if you book as a group..
- Boat Milady – Deep sea fishing charters., ☎ +27 (0)42 293-1896 ([email protected]). Whether you are into reef, river, estuary, deep sea or coastal fishing there are plenty of incredible locations to choose from within the Jeffreys Bay area
- Bluewater Fishing Charters, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-1928.
- Jeffreys Bay Golf Club, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-2532 ([email protected]). 9 Hole (18 tee) Golf Course
- Swartenbosch Golf Club in Humansdorp, ☎ +27 (0)42 291-0569 ([email protected]). 9 Hole (18 tee) Golf Course
- Cob Creek, ☎ +27 (0)82 822-5315, . Come and enjoy the wines of Cobb Creek. Situated up the Kabeljous River Valley on the outskirts of Jeffreys Bay. Your tasting can be accompanied with a great meal from our restaurant, or a browse around the wine shop.
Horse, hiking & mountain biking trails
There are a number of small nature reserves in the area, such as the Kabeljous Nature Reserve, which is a walk-about reserve with a safe beach for swimming and excellent fishing spots, as well as bird watching. The reserve includes a 4 kilometre hiking trail and its own flock of pink flamingoes (when in season). Nature lovers can also enjoy the Noorsekloof Nature Reserve, which runs through a popular residential area. Here you can look out for small buck and many birds while walking the 3 kilometre trail running alongside the stream, while breathing in the magnificent fragrances of indigenous fynbos. The Seekoei River Nature Reserve, situated on the Seekoei River estuary, is a bird watcher’s paradise with hides overlooking the river. For the energetic, Jeffreys Bay can also be explored from the seat of a rented mountain bike. There are some exciting places to visit of which the waterfall, located just outside of town, is perhaps one of the best. The natural pools are refreshing to say the least, while the waterslide and cliffs from which to jump off is perfect entertainment for the more adventurous.
- Beach Horse Rides Papiesfontein, ☎ +27 (0)82 574-9396, .
- Kouga Quad Adventures, ☎ +27 (0)82 921-1390, .
- All Africa Volunteers, ☎ +27 (0)72 237-7422 ([email protected]), . While enjoying Jeffreys Bay why not help with the upliftment of the local community by donating your time to volunteer projects, teach local kids to surf, work with street children and families affected by AIDS. These projects are great fun and the reward even better.
- Jay Bay Sandboarding, ☎ +27 (0)42 296-2974 or +27 (0)72 294-8207 ([email protected]). They also offer sandboarding on the dunes in neighboring Aston Bay.
- Lombardini Game Farm, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-2073 ([email protected]), . Game drives and horse rides.
- JBAY Paintball, ☎ +27 (0)83 465-1200.
- Wacky Wipeouts Sandboarding, ☎ +27 (0)83 6615393 ([email protected]).
Most shops and businesses are along the main road (Da Gama Street) or concentrated around the small main town area.
The new Fountains Mall has recently opened just outside of J-Bay with all lots of the major shops, ie Woolworths, Edgars, etc
J-Bay is a good place to have a custom board shaped, as a number of surfboard manufacturers have made the town their home.
- Jeffreys Bay Custom Surfboards, ([email protected]). www.jeffreysbay-blog.co.za  Order your custom shaped surf board online, just as you want it ! International shipping !
- Rebel Surfboards, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-4410. Surfboard shapers and manufacturer.
- Glen D'Arcy, 33 Jeffreys Str, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-2204 ([email protected]). Locally manufactured Classic J-Bay designs as well as imported NSP and Sunset Softboards.
There are many shops selling surfer wear and this is the place to buy an exclusive Billabong or Quicksilver outfit. Apart from the retail stores, there are also surf brand factory stores where you can find great surf gear at bargain prices.
- Billabong Concept Store, 1a Da Gama Road, ☎ +27 (0)42 200-2672.
- Billabong Surf Shop, Magnatubes, Da Gama Road, ☎ +27 (0)42 200-2640.
- Country Feeling Store, 19 Da Gama Road, ☎ +27 (0)42 200-2611.
- J-Bay Surf Co., Shop 4, Flauna Building, cnr Goodehoop and Da Gama, ☎ +27 (0)42 200-2617.
- Surfer Girl, Shop 1, Wavecrest Centre, 126 Da Gama Road, ☎ +27 (0)42 200-2639.
- Shell Bay Blue, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-4409.
- The Lavender House Gift Shop, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-3967.
The best budget breakfast has to be the Breakfast Pie.
- Spence's Pies, Seaview Pick 'n Pay Centre, St Francis Road, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-0630. Try their breakfast pies, filled with scrambled eggs, bacon and tomato.
- In Food', is the IN place and serves the best breakfast and coffee in town -just opposite Fruit&Veg.
Restaurants are plentiful, Le Grotto and De Visvijf in town are well worth a visit.
- 20 Pepper Street, 20 Pepper Street, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-1728.
- Cafe Portofino, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-2443.
- Castaways. Dance and spit Braai's.
- De Visvijf, 55 Diaz Road, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-3921. Open M-Su from 9AM to 3PM and M-Sa from 5PM till late. Seafood and steaks.
- Dulce, Spar Centre, Da Gama Str, ☎ +27 (0)42 296-2078. Ice cream and coffee bar.
- Kitchen Windows, Ferreira Street cul de sac, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-4230. Open Tu-Su from 11:30AM to 2PM and 6PM till late.
- Parklane Restaurant, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-2621.
- Potters Place, 18 Oosterland Str, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-2500 ([email protected]), . Good food and life shows.
- Sunflower Restaurant & Coffee Shop, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-1682.
- Tampa Bay Spur, Time Square Building, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-4206, . A South African restaurant chain, good steaks.
- The Mexican Restaurant & Coctail Bar, 19A Da Gamma Road, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-2966.
- Walskipper, Clapton Beach, Marina Martinique, ☎ +27 (0)42 292-0005 ([email protected]), . Open 12AM to 10PM every day. Dig your toes into the sand and look out over the ocean while enjoying a seafood platter. Walskipper is very popular during South African holiday seasons; best to phone and book the day before. During most other times of the year you can just walk in and sit down.
- Tapas Lapa Seaside, On the beach at Marina Martinique, ☎ +27 (0)83 3218508.
All local and international fast-food franchises are present in J-Bay. There are also numerous excellent seafood takeaways, most notably Die Vismantjie
- Die Vismandjie, 110 Da Gama Road, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-1241. Probably the best fish takeaways in South Africa
- Chicken King, Salamader St, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-3908. Chicken burgers and party platters. Cheap, but not good food. Avoid or buy a single burger first to test for yourself.
- Debonairs, 30 Da Gama Road, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-3398. Part of the Steers group. American style Pizza's so don't expect a thin base, but their toppings are good. Free delivery
- Die Kospot, 110 Da Gama Road, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-4320. Homestyle cooked meals.
- El-Nino Pizza, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-3679.
- Fishermans Seafood & Take Aways, Seaview Pick 'n Pay Centre, St Francis Road, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-3579.
- Steers, 30 Da Gama Road, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-1919. A South African burger chain. Very good value for money. Try their hero steakrolls.
You can have almost all fast foods delivered by making use of special delivery services.
- J Bay Transporter, ☎ 083 6111 003, . Operated by J Bay Cabs. Available 24/7, see website for on-line menus and services.
- Mr. Delivery, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-3004. Open 11AM to 9:30PM. They will accept food orders and deliver it to your door from most fast food outlets and restaurant that do not deliver themselves. Pick up one of their booklets from most fast food outlets. R10 in Jeffreys Bay to R15 in Kabeljous.
- Jarinda Butchery, 4 Goedehoop Str, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-2388. Excellent braai chops.
The main swimming beach, Dolphin Beach, is an Alcohol Free Zone.
There are many pubs and two nightclubs in town. Sadly Tritons no longer exists as a new holiday apartment development has replaced it.
- The Mexican, 19A Da Gama Road (Above Country Feeling Surf Shop), ☎ +27 (0)42 293-2966. Tu-Su 12PM till late. A Mexican themed Restaurant. Live music and the party can get quite intense with people ending up dancing on the tables by early morning.
- Havana, Above the Spur in the Time Square building. Lively nightclub next to the beach. Moved from their old location to this spot.
- Sovereign, Da Gama road. Sports bar and nightclub.
|This guide uses the following price ranges for a standard double room:|
|Mid-range||R500 to R1000|
J-Bay caters for all kinds of accommodation. Backpacking hostels, caravan and camping, bed and breakfast, self catering and hotels can all be found.
- Aston Bay Caravan Park, Dolphin Drive, Aston Bay, ☎ +27 (0)82 637-5737.
- Jeffreys Bay Caravan Park, ☎ +27 (0)42 200-2269.
- Pelrus Caravan Park, ☎ +27 (0)42 200-2283.
- Indi Africa Backpackers, 25 Spekboon Str, ☎ +27 (0)82 464-3111 ([email protected]). 200m from the sea, TV, Pool and bar.
- Island Vibe Backpackers, 10 Dageraad Street, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-1625 ([email protected], fax: +27 (0)42 293-4214), . On the beach. They will collect you in Jeffreys Bay or Humandorp free of charge, collection from the airport in Port Elizabeth is charged at R200. Rates range from R70 per person to R315 per room.
- J Bay Lodge (Backpackers and Volunteers), 5 Schelde Street, ☎ +27 (0)83 661 5393 ([email protected]), . Centrally situated, 200m from main beach and town centre. Breakfast and Internet available. Rates range from R80 per person to R150 per person.
- Jeffreys Bay Backpackers, 12 Jeffrey Street, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-1379 ([email protected], fax: +27 (0)42 296-1930), . R60 to R250 per night. The oldest and nicest Backpackers in town.
- Surfpackers at Supertubes, 9 Pepper Str, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-2671.
- Ubuntu Backpackers, 8 Cherry Street, ☎ +27 (0)42 296-0376 ([email protected]), . Overlooking the surf. Free breakfast, free internet. Rates range from R75 per person to R220 per room.
- Cristal Cove, 49 Flame crst, ☎ +27 (0)42 2932101 ([email protected]), . luxury accommodation at budget prices. sea views. free wifi. Rates range from R100 per person to R350 per room.
- Jeffreys Bay Holiday Resort, Dromdaris Str, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-1330.
- 3 Pepper Street (a), 3 Pepper Street, ☎ +27 (0)79 663-4928 ([email protected]), . Self- catering house, 10m from supers, 3 double bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms, fire place.
- Abendruhe, 24B Beefwood Crescent Wavecrest (Near Fountains Mall), ☎ +27738429054, . checkin: 14H00; checkout: 10H00. Secure parking. Fully equipped kitchen and communal launch with braai available. R150pps.
- Paradice Palace / Paradys Paleis (a), 342 Skadu Ave, Paradise Beach, Jeffrey’s Bay, South Africa (Longitude / Latitude:-34.09409, 24.897077), ☎ +27 (0) 82 568 1753 ([email protected]), . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 10:00. Self- catering house on the beach, Sleeps 16 guests. Out of Season: R600 per night for the first 4 guests, thereafter R100 per night for each extra guest. In Season: Whole house rented out as unit at R3000 per day.. (-34.09409,24.897077)
- A1 Bay View, 27 Chestnut Ave, ☎ +27 (0)42 296-1845, . checkin: 2PM; checkout: 10AM. Great value tranquil setting off main rd, stunning sea views and only 500m to the beach. R500.
- Artist's Paradise (Guest farm), ☎ +27 (0)42 293-2108 ([email protected], fax: +27 (0)86 634-6441), . A 7 min drive to Jeffeys Bay and the beach
- Barbiers Bliss, 1 Akasia Str, ☎ +27 (0)42 296-1867 (+27 (0)82 722-0906, [email protected]). Self Catering
- Bay Cove Inn, 1 Poplar Str, ☎ +27 (0)42 296-2291 ([email protected]).
- Beach Cabanas, 118 Da Gama Str, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-2820 (+27 (0)83 286-8904, [email protected]), .
- Diaz 15, 15 Diaz Str, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-1779. Beachfront holiday apartments
- Dreamland Self Catering Accommodation, 29 Flame Crescent, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-3677, . Beachfront Self Catering apartments perfect for traveling surfers
- Dolphin View, 30 Dogwood Rd, ☎ +27 (0)72 237-7422 ([email protected], fax: +27 (0)42 296-0594), . 3 Star, stunning indoor pool From R440 to R800 for a double.
- Greystone Guest House, 11 Mopani st, ☎ +27 (0)42 296-0616 ([email protected], fax: +27 (0)42 296-0616), .
- Marina Martinique B&B, ☎ +27 (0)42 292-0000, . On the marina canals.
- Moya Manzi Beach House, ☎ +27 (0)42 292-0780 ([email protected]), .
- Pinnaquin Holiday Apartments, cnr Noorsekloof & Leadwood Str, ☎ +27 (0)42 296-1111 (+27 (0)82 823-4662, [email protected]), .
- SARUNA Guesthouse, 208 Dolphin Drive, Aston Bay, ☎ +27 (0)82 319-4300 ([email protected]).
- Savoy Hotel, 16 Da Gama Str, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-2445 ([email protected], fax: +27 (0)42 296-2445).
- Sea Whisper B&B, 62 Petunia Avenue, Wavecrest, Jeffreys Bay (From Port Elizabeth Take the JEFFREYS BAY EAST/MONDPLAAS turnoff and follow the signs into Da Gama Road Jeffrey’s Bay. One block AFTER the BP Garage, at the Methodist Church, (Petunia Avenue) turn right at the SEA WHISPER sign and travel to top of the hill, turn left into Petunia Avenue Sea Whisper is at the end of the road. From CAPE TOWN (N2) Take the JEFFREY’S BAY OFF RAMP, this will bypass the Fountains Mall, and continue onto St Francis Road. Bypass two traffic circles and at Rona Nursary (left hand side) you will see a sign for Sea Whisper, follow the road, pass the golf club, turn left at the bowling club (Azalea Street), the road bends sharply downhill to the right. Take first turning right into Petunia Avenue, Sea Whisper is at the end of the road.), ☎ +27 (0) 82 489 9114 ([email protected]), . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 10:00. Sea Whisper Guest House and Self Catering Apartments in Jeffrey's Bay, Eastern Cape, fondly referred to as J'Bay by locals and loyal visitors, overlooks the pristine beaches of the Indian Ocean. Sea Whisper, less than an hour's drive from Port Elizabeth airport, offers guests superb up-market villa-style accommodation and an opportunity to relax and unwind in the world renowned surfing capital of South Africa. This property, set in beautifully landscaped gardens with stunning sea views is located at the eastern tip of the Garden Route and Route 62, and on the doorstep of the Baviaanskloof Wilderness area, a world heritage site. Sea Whisper Guest House comprises seven air conditioned en suite rooms with sea and valley views. In addition, there is a choice of three fully equipped two bedroom apartments with full sea views, each individual and unique. This four star establishment promises a memorable stay whether for business or pleasure. (S34° 02' 33.12,E24° 55' 23.65)
- Stratos Guest House, 11 Uys Str, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-1116.
- Stratos Guest House, 11 Uys Str, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-1116.
- Supertubes Guest House, 10/12 Pepper Street, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-2957 ([email protected]), . Four star rating. R250 to R500 per person per night.
- Surf In Self Catered Apartments, 2 Pepper St, ☎ +27 (0)42 296-0616 ([email protected]effreysbayaccommodation.co.za, fax: +27 (0)42 296-0616), .
- Tollies B&B, 26 Jeffreys Str, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-4452 (+27 (0)82 324-3240, [email protected]).
- Waterside Lodge, ☎ +27 (0)42 292-0003. 2 and 3 bedroom units on the Marina Martinique canals and 100m from the beach, Walskipper and Tappas.
Robberies of tourists and less careful locals are becoming more frequent. Be careful when walking alone on the beach, or while walking in town at night. Do not leave valuables visible in your car. Xenophobic attacks have happened in 2008, affecting local Somalians. Be careful when traveling along the road between Jeffreys Bay and Aston Bay at night, as pedestrians do cross without warning between the small informal settlements on both sides of this road. Also watch out for stray animals on the road.
- At the closest airport, get directions and information from marked information counters
- Stay alert and keep an eye on your valuables and luggage at all times
- Use only registered and qualified tour guides. Contact tourism offices for a list of qualified tour guides
Important phone numbers
- National Sea Rescue Institute(NSRI), ☎ +27 (0)79 916 0390 or 071 088 7452.
- Police, ☎ 10111 or +27 (0)42 293-1133.
- Fire Brigade, ☎ +27 (0)42 291-0283.
- Ambulance, ☎ 10177 or +27 (0)42 293-1311.
- Dr. J.S. Bouwer, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-1244. Dentist.
- Dr. Jan Nagtegaal, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-1166. Doctor.
- Finmed Pharmacy, Seaview Pick 'n Pay Centre, St Francis Road, ☎ "+27 (fax: +27 (0)42 293-2618).
- Private Care Ambulances, 22 Kemp Str, Humansdorp, ☎ +27 (0)42 291-0749 ([email protected]).
- Private Hospital, Humansdorp, ☎ +27 (0)42 295-1100. The closest Hospital is located about 20km away in the town of Humansdorp.
For contact details for food and groceries, vehicles, home services, liquor, medical practitioners, nurseries & garden services, pharmacy, professional, cleaning, legal services, photography, security, timber decks, housing, health and beauty call the local or international telephone directory.
Local telephone directory: 1023
International telephone directory: 10903
There are a number of internet cafes in town. Some offer wifi access and some are equipped for Skype calls.
- Cornerstone Laundromat & Coffee Shop, ☎ +27 (0)42 296-0732.
- Heathwise Gym, ☎ +27 (0)42 293-3545.
- Baptist Church, Dolly Varden Street (near to Caltex Wavelands), ☎ +27 (0)42 296-3290, . A loving, warm family church. Services at 8.30AM and 6.00PM. Coffee lounge at 5.00PM - All welcome. Kidz Klub on Friday nights for Primary School children. July holidays - Holiday Club.
- Catholic Church, ☎ +27 (0)42 291-1262.
- Ned Gereformeerde Gemeente, ☎ +27 (0)42 296-2451.
- Presbyterian Church, ☎ +27 (0)42 296-2545.
- Victory Church.
- The Vine Church, Cnr Noorsekloof & Mimoma Streets (The Old Presbyterian hall above Paint Link), ☎ +27 (0)79 174-9185, . All welcome. Service at 9.00AM. Discipleship programs run on Tuesdays 7.00PM -9.00PM including such courses as ALPHA.
- St Francis Bay is another popular surfing spot.
- Go to Port Elizabeth (75km to the east) and its attractions.
- The Tsitsikamma National Park is worth a visit to relax a day.
- The Gamtoos Valley and Baviaanskloof 
- See the Great Train Race during August or September where runners race The Apple Express stream trains from PE to Loerie.
- Visit Hankey and see the grave of Sarah Baartman just outside the town and the largest sundial in Africa (36.4m in diameter).
- Take a relaxing drive to Patensie and have breakfast at Tolbos.
Wildlife and game viewing is only a short drive away
- Shamwari, ☎ +27 (0)42 203-1111 (fax: +27 (0)42 235-1224). The Cape's premier Big 5 game reserve.
- Addo Elephant Park, ☎ +27 (0)42 233-0556 (fax: +27 (0)42 233-0196).
- African Dawn Bird and Wildlife Sanctuary. View several species of wildlife on the reserve 20 min from J Bay. Visit African Dawn 
|This is a guide article. It has a variety of good, quality information including hotels, restaurants, attractions, arrival and departure info. Plunge forward and help us make it a star!|