Jaunpur is a city in purvanchal part of eastrn uttar pardesh.
the city is the part of worlds most safest and fertile plain.
When to visit: Between October and March
Summer - Cotton
Winter - Woollens
Jaunpur is well-connected with all major cities of India thanks to Indian Railways, it has two major Railway Stations namely Jaunpur City Station (JOP) and Jaunpur Junction (JNU), Mughalsarai , Varanasi and Allahabad Railway Stations are also easily reachable from here, Godaan express is a daily Train to Mumbai (erstwhile Bombay) from JNU; Shramjeevi, Sadhbhawana and Farakka Express are daily trains to Delhi.
Jaunpur is well connected to Lucknow, Varanasi, Allahabad and other cities like Azamgarh, Mirzapur, Bhadohi, Sultanpur, Ghazipur etc. NH-56, SH-36 are the world class roads connecting all major cities to Jaunpur.UPSTRC bus services are frequent from all the points to the city.there are luxury bus services from Lucknow and varanasi at every hours.
Varanasi Airport Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport or Varanasi Airport [(IATA: VNS)] is just 30 Minute drive from Jaunpur city on NH-56 (National Highway - 56), numerous domestic and international flights are accessible
Indian Airlines,Air Sahara,
Jet Airways,Kingfisher and Spice Jet
all have daily flights to Delhi and there are daily flights to Mumbai on Air Sahara and Indian Airlines.
A cycle-rickshaw is the best thing to travel inside city.as most of the road are two lane but there is problem of traffic
- Sahi fort-Sharqi monuments such as Sahgi fort is one of the marvels built during rule of Sharqi dyansty
picture taken in 1907 of Sahi Fort of Jaunpur.
- Atala mosque-The mosques display a unique architectural style, combining traditional Hindu and Muslim motifs with purely original elements
- Sheetla chukia -Temple of Sheetla Devi.
- Jama Masjid (now known as the Bari (big mosque) Masjid)
- Sahi pul-one of the finest example of the enginering in the mediuval period of india.The old bridge over the Gomti River in Jaunpur dates from 1564, the era of the Mughal emperor Akbar.
view of sahi pul taken from the mid of river gomati..
- Trilochan Mahadeva-Temple of lord Shiva in Trilochan Mahadeva at Trilochan
a scenric view from the banks of river gomati at achala devi ghat
All the leading bank and there ATM are available in the city.
Various perfumes made locally which are exported world over they are called
they are real nice and also cheap
there are various good restaurant such as garden view,kishan coffe house,varun restaurant,amapali.
- Imartee/Imirtee -a sweet like Jalebi made from Urad lentil(especially that of Beniram's in the olandganj area of the city)
- Atom Bomb - a mouthwatering sweet from Sujanganj. It is made of dry fruits stuffed in Chhenna. For its big size (diameter =~ 3 Inches) and really good taste.
- Dohara - one of the famous Paan-masala like stuff which is made using Supari (Beatle-nut), Kattha and Opium water.
- batti chokha
- Tikki-Chaat -the best taste of meshed tikia of potato can be found in this city.
- Phulki(Pani Puri or batasa)
- Papdi specailly that of Jhagadu Halwai
- Mithai's lot variety of sweets
- Tandai is cool milk based drink made with pistachios, almonds and kesar and topped off with a large dollop of malai (cream)
- Satu is drink made using Besan,onion slices,mint and many other stuff.
- Alcohol and beer is available at a few restaurants
- Jal zeera or panna(refered by the local)
- lassi is drink made by curd which is served in khulhad(glass made from
there are various budget hotets in the city such as
- Hotel river view
- hotel ambar palace
- hotel varun
- Sahu Dharamsala
- hotel day night
and many more lodge ,hotels,motels and dharamsala's at very afordable price.
BSNL(cell one), Reliance,IDEA,Tata indicom,Vodafone,Virgin and Airtel are the most popular cell phone services in the region.
Internet is widely available. Price is usually Rs 15-20/hour.
- Sarnath - site of the Buddha's first sermon
- Ramnagar Fort - historical royal residence and museum across the Ganges
- Chunar Fort - ruins of battlements and ancient settlement 15 miles from Varanasi.
- Agra - city of TAJ can be easilly reached by Marudhar expres,a daily train from jaunpur
- Mirzapur-there are various water falls and sceneric beauties.
- Allahabad-pryag nagri and among the most dyanmic cities of eastern uttar pradesh,hav lots of thing regarding indian independence,sangam,education.
- Lucknow-capital city of uttar pradesh is also at near distant from jaunpur