Jaunpur is a city in the Purvanchal part of Eastern Uttar Pradesh. The city is part of world's most fertile plain.
When to visit: Between October and March
Summer - Cotton
Winter - Woollens
Jaunpur is well-connected with all major cities of India thanks to Indian Railways. It has two major Railway Stations namely Jaunpur City Station (JOP) and Jaunpur Junction (JNU). Mughalsarai , Varanasi and Allahabad Railway Stations are also easily reachable. The Godaan express is a daily Train to Mumbai (erstwhile Bombay) from JNU; Shramjeevi, Sadhbhawana and Farakka Express are daily trains to Delhi.
Jaunpur is well connected to Lucknow, Varanasi, Allahabad and other cities like Azamgarh, Mirzapur, Bhadohi, Sultanpur, Ghazipur etc. NH-56, SH-36 are the roads connecting all major cities to Jaunpur. UPSTRC bus services are frequent from all the points to the city. There are luxury bus services from Lucknow and Varanasi at all hours.
Varanasi Airport Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport or Varanasi Airport [(IATA: VNS)] is just 30 Minute drive from Jaunpur city on NH-56 (National Highway - 56), numerous domestic and international flights.
Indian Airlines,Air Sahara,
Jet Airways,Kingfisher and Spice Jet
have daily flights to Delhi and there are daily flights to Mumbai on Air Sahara and Indian Airlines.
A cycle-rickshaw is the best thing to travel inside city but there is problem of traffic.
- Sahi fort-Sharqi monuments such as Sahgi fort is one of the marvels built during rule of Sharqi dyansty
picture taken in 1907 of Sahi Fort of Jaunpur.
- Atala mosque-The mosques display a unique architectural style, combining traditional Hindu and Muslim motifs with purely original elements
- Sheetla ChukiaChukia -Temple of Sheetla Devi.
- Jama Masjid (now known as the Bari (big mosque) Masjid)
- Sahi Pul-one of the finest example of the enginering in the medieval period of India.The old bridge over the Gomti River in Jaunpur dates from 1564, the era of the Mughal emperor Akbar.
view of sahi pul taken from the mid of river gomati..
- Trilochan Mahadeva-Temple of Lord Shiva in Trilochan Mahadeva at Trilochan
a scenric view from the banks of river gomati at achala devi ghat
pankaj mca purvanchal jaunpur
All the leading banks in India can be found and there ATM are available in the city.
Perfumes made locally are exported the world over. They are called
"ITTAR" and are both nice and also cheap
There are various good restaurants such as Garden View, Kishan Coffee House, Varun restaurant,and Amapali.
- Imartee/Imirtee -a sweet like Jalebi made from Urad lentil(especially that of Beniram's in the Olandganj area of the city)
- Atom Bomb - a mouthwatering sweet from Sujanganj. It is made of dry fruits stuffed in Chhenna. For its big size (diameter =~ 3 Inches) and really good taste.
- Dohara - one of the famous Paan-masala like foodstuffs, which is made using Supari (Beatle-nut), Kattha and Opium water.
- Batti Chokha
- Tikki-Chaat -the best taste of meshed tikia of potato can be found in this city.
- Phulki(Pani Puri or batasa)
- Papdi specially that of Jhagadu Halwai
- Mithai's lot variety of sweets
- Muli is special crop in Jaunpur
- Makai Jaunpur is high level corn (makai) producing district in India. Rahul Kumar Dubey. Rajni Pur Singramau.
- amit (eyyy), zafarabad (tyy), ☎ 05452253202, . 304. rtredtredtredtredtdret 100.
- Thandai is cool milk based drink made with pistachios, almonds and kesar and topped off with a large dollop of malai (cream)
- Satu is a drink made using Besan,onion slices, mint and many other ingredients.
- Alcohol and beer is available at a few restaurants
- Jal zeera or panna
- Lassi is drink made by curd which is served in khulhad (glass made from
- Suger Sticks Juice can be available every corner of district season by season. Rahul Kumar Dubey Rajnipur Singramau
There are various budget hotets in the city such as
- Hotel River View
- Hotel Ambar Palace
- Hotel Varun
- Sahu Dharamsala
- hotel day night
- pankaj sweet house polytechnic chauraha mirjapur road
and many more lodges ,hotels, motels and dharamsala's at very affordable prices.
- Hotel krishan kanhaiya (25 44' 14 N 82 40' 31E), polytechnic crossing / cauraha, . A three star hotel with luxurious AC comforts tasy and fine foods. budget affortable to all class. happy ! to serve you 250-1500.
- Hotel krishna kanhaiya (25°44'14N 82°40'31E), polytechnic chauraha, ☎ 05452 222740/8080288887/9473884411/9415897838, . A three star hotel with luxurious comforts fine tasty foods. budget affordable to all class Rs 250-1500.
- Hotel JP International Tourist can rest in this Hotel. it is situated at Oland Ganj
Rahul Kumar Dubey Rajnipur Singramau
BSNL(cell one), Reliance,IDEA,Tata indicom,Vodafone,Virgin and Airtel are the most popular cell phone services in the region.
Internet is widely available. Price is usually Rs 15-20/hour, however there are reports of as low as Rs 10/hour.
- Sarnath - site of the Buddha's first sermon
- Ramnagar Fort - historical royal residence and museum across the Ganges
- Chunar Fort - ruins of battlements and ancient settlement 15 miles from Varanasi.
- Agra - city of the Taj Mahal can be easily reached by Marudhar express, a daily train from jaunpur
- Mirzapur-there are various water falls and beautiful scenery.
- Allahabad-pryag nagri and among the most dynamic cities of Eastern Uttar Pradesh. Has lots of items regarding Indian independence, sangam,and education.
- Lucknow-capital city of Uttar Pradesh is also not far from Jaunpur