Jalalabad (Pashto: جلال آباد) is a city in eastern Afghanistan, with a population of nearly 900,000 people. It is the capital of Nangarhar province, located next to the Kabul and Kunar rivers, a short distance from the Khyber Pass. It is linked by an approximately 90-mile highway with Kabul to the west and about the same distance with Peshawar in Pakistan to the east.
Jalalabad is on the major highway that links Kabul to Pakistan. A lot of trucks use this route to supply Kabul with food and other products. The main highway was reconstructed in 2006, which is the busiest in Afghanistan. A bus service between Jalalabad and Peshawar is available everyday.
It is theoretically possible to get to Jalalabdad from Kabul in 1 hour 45 minutes. Many Afghans lose their lives trying this.
Street scene i Jalalabad.
- The large reservoir near Sarobi. This is located on the way to Kabul.
- Hada museum related to the pre-islam period. This museum is located to the south of Jalalabad city.
- Palace (Shahi Qasar) was used by the former king Zahir Shah as his palace during winter.
- Shirzai Stadium Shirzai lobgharai .
- Youth Park Zwanano Park.
- Bridge See the main historical bridge, the only source to connect other three provinces to Jalalabad.
- Darwanta DAM Darwanta Dam is very famous for fresh fish and the green environment with fresh air.
- Go fishing along the river side.
- Go swimming .
- Handi Craft Handicraft is one of most famous product of East, including Clothes Carpets and cotton made Gifts.
- Mangee you can find many Mud-Made things for eating food and drinking water and also peaces for room decoration.
- Pakool - Waskat Pakool Waskat are traditional wearing of Afghans, special hot and warm hat and special jacket black normally.
- Afghanistan International Bank (AIB)  has a branch in Jalalabad.
- Kabul Bank  has a branch in Jalalabad.
- Azizi Bank  has a branch in Jalalabad.
- Afghanistan National Bank  has a branch in Jalalabad.
- Western Union  has several offices in Jalalabad.
- Pakora go for special “Pakora” Food in Hindu Street.
- Cheese paneer is the main product of Jalalabad and surrounding areas. It is famous over all Afghanistan.
- Olives There are many olive gardens in Jalalabad. You can find the best quality olives in the market.
- Olive Oil olive oil is mostly used in common dishes. you can find the best quality olive oil all over town.
- Cinnamon bread (sin-a-mon bredd). flat bread baked in the sun (in borderline sanitary conditions). edit
- Juice shops in "Mokhaberat Chowk" are most famous, which attracts many people for tasty and fresh juices for each season .
- The government hotel Spingar is on the eastern side of the city and is basic. There are other guest houses which may be better.
- Taj Mahal Guesthouse, ☎ +93(0)700 60 33 83, . Warm, welcoming guesthouse on the edge of Jalalabad. Free wifi internet, swimming pool in summer, and home to the Tikibar- the only bar in Eastern Afghanistan that operates when there are supplies. Rates: $80. nite, Meals and Laundry service included. edit
- Comfort Sleep. edit