Jackson is a village in the White Mountain National Forest and Mount Washington Valley region in New Hampshire.
There are four major airports within 140 miles of Jackson. Logan Airport in Boston is an international airport with the greatest selection of carriers and service. We suggest you check fares and service to each airport to find the best to suit your schedule and budget.
- Boston, MA (BOS) (140 miles) Aer Lingus, Air Canada/Air Canada Jazz, Air France, AirTran, Alaska Airlines, Alitalia, American, American Eagle, British Airways, Cape Air, CaymanAirways, Continental, Delta Air Lines, Delta Connection, Delta Connection/Com Air, Delta Shuttle, Finnair, flyGlobespan, JetBlue Airways, KLM, Lufthansa, Midwest, Northwest, SATA, Spirit Airlines, Swiss, United, United Express, US Airways Shuttle, US Airways, US Airways Express, Virgin Atlantic Airways .
- Portland (Maine) (PWM) (70 miles) Continental, Delta, JetBlue, Northwest, United, USAirways .
Concord Trailways offers service from Logan Airport and South Station in Boston to the Covered Bridge in Jackson.
Public transportation is limited in this area so you should have a car to get around. Beware of moose and deer when driving particularly around dawn and dusk. Here are some approximate mileages from major cities:
- Portland, ME - 70 miles
- Portsmouth, NH - 85 miles
- Manchester, NH - 115 miles
- Canadian Border - 115 miles
- Boston, MA - 140 miles
- Burlington, VT - 140 miles
- Providence, RI - 200 miles
- Montreal, PQ - 235 miles
- Hartford, CT - 245 miles
- Ottawa, ON - 325 miles
- New York City - 350 miles
- Washington, DC - 550 miles
Directions from three major cities:
From Boston, MA: (approx. 3 hours - 140 miles) Take interstate 95 North to the Spaulding Turnpike/Route 16 North. From Portsmouth, NH travel approximately 80 miles on Rte. 16 North to Conway. Continue on Rte. 16 through North Conway, Intervale and Glen. In Glen, turn right and remain on Rte. 16 North and travel 2 miles to Jackson Village Rte 16A. Turn right and follow through the RED COVERED BRIDGE and into Jackson village.
From Portland, ME: (approx. 1.5 hours - 70 miles) Take US Route 302 West to Glen, NH. In Glen turn right to remain on Rte. 16 North and travel 2 miles to Jackson Village Rte 16A. Turn right and follow through the RED COVERED BRIDGE and into Jackson village.
From New York City, NY: (approx. 6 hours - 347 miles) Take interstate 95 North to I-91 North to I-84 East to I-90 (Mass Pike). Take I-90 East to I-495 North to I-95 North. Follow I-95 North to the Spaulding Turnpike/Rte 16 North. From Portsmouth, NH travel approximately 80 miles on Rte. 16 North to Conway. Continue on Rte. 16 through North Conway, Intervale and Glen. In Glen, turn right and remain on Rte. 16 North and travel 2 miles to Jackson Village Rte 16A. Turn right and follow through the red covered bridge and into Jackson village.
Public transportation is limited in this area so you should have a car to get around. Beware of moose and deer when driving particularly around dawn and dusk.
- Car rental agencies are available at all airports and in major city center locations. The only local car rental agency is Enterprise Rent-A-Car located in North Conway, NH. 
- Local taxi service is available; however, it must be scheduled in advance and may be somewhat expensive.
Your best source of current information on what is happening, weather, etc., in Jackson is to visit the Jackson Chamber of Commerce web site. 
- In winter, be sure to make plans to get outdoors and downhill ski one of 250 trails in the area; cross country ski from our door on the #1 touring center in the East; take a guided snowshoe nature walk; snow tube; ice skate indoors or out; go dashing through the snow in a horse-drawn sleigh ride then end your day relaxing in front of a warm fireplace! Numerous winter events are held in the village each year.
- In summer, explore the endless miles of trails in the White Mountain National Forest by foot or mountain bike; kayak or canoe area rivers and lakes; cycle the country roads; take scenic drives to visit local covered bridges, farmers' market in the village square, cascades and waterfalls; attend a summer theatre performance at one of three theatre companies; enjoy a free concert outdoors under the stars; fly fish or just relax in one of the cool mountain streams. Be sure to take the kids to Story Land, a popular children's theme park for over 50 years and just a few miles away!
- Fall is a time to enjoy the classic white-steepled New England villages painted every shade of red, yellow and orange. Shuffle through the fallen leaves as you stroll through Jackson stopping at shops and galleries along the way.
Anytime of the year, you can visit over 200 name brand outlets, specialty stores, antique shops and art galleries. Shopping everywhere in New Hampshire is tax-free! Plan an escape to just getaway and enjoy a massage, find time to read your next book, or simply just enjoy the view!
- Jackson Historical Society, Main Street, 603-383-4060, E-mail: [email protected], . The Jackson Historical Society was formed in April of 1977 by a group of townspeople whose interest was to preserve the history of Jackson. Don't forget to attend the society's annual fall art show!
- Story Land,Route 16 • Glen, NH. Phone: 603-383-4186, . The Children's Theme Park Where Fantasy Lives! A destination that has been popular with over four generations of children.
- Conway Scenic Railroad, Main Street, 603-356-5251, E-mail: [email protected], . Whether you choose one of the Valley routes to Conway or Bartlett, or the legendary Crawford Notch excursion, you'll experience the excitement of rail travel.
- Mount Washington Observatory, Main Street, Phone: 603-356-2137, . An exciting hands-on museum dedicated to the manned weather station atop Mt. Washington and our environment.
- Mt. Washington Auto Road, Route 16, Pinkham Notch, 603-466-3988, Email: [email protected], . The oldest manmade attraction-drive the road to the sky to the summit of the Northeast's highest peak or take a guided tour.
- Great Glen Trails, 603-466-2333, E-mail: [email protected], . Summer mountain biking, climbing wall and kayaking.
- Wildcat Mountain Gondola Skyride, 603-466-3326, E-mail: [email protected], .
- Mt. Washington Cog Railway, Base Road, Bretton Woods. Phone: 603-278-5404, E-mail: [email protected], . A ride up Mount Washington on the world's first mountain-climbing cog railway remains, as it has for well over a century, an exciting and unforgettable experience.
- Black Mountain, +1 603 383-4490, E-mail: [email protected], .. The oldest ski resort in New Hampshire.
- Wildcat Mountain , +1 603 466-3326, E-mail: [email protected], . Wildcat Mountain was voted #1 Scenery in North America, and Top 10 in the East for Terrain.
- Jackson Ski Touring, 603-383-9355, E-mail: [email protected]nxc.org, . Cross country network of trails connecting the various lodging properties in the Village and surroung countryside.
- Great Glen Trails, 603-466-2333, E-mail: [email protected], . Cross country ski, snowtube, SnowCoach rides up Mt. Washington.
- Eagle Mountain Golf Course, 603-383-9111, Email: [email protected], . Golf on one of New Hampshire's prettiest 9-hole courses that winds along the Wildcat River, featuring elevated tees and spectacular views from every hole. Affordable, un-crowded and family friendly.
Village of Jackson offers a collection of small shops, art galleries, and boutiques.
- Settlers' Green Outlet Village, Rt 16 North Conway, Phone: 888-667-9636, . An extensive collection of name-brand outlets offering bargains and tax-free shopping!
- Highfields Tavern, 179 Carter Notch Road, reservations 603-383-9111, . Here you'll dine in the tradition of true New England hospitality. Period chandaliers, rich woodwork and panoramic views create an environment of casual dining. Classic New England cuising is prepared with fresh and local ingredients. Menus are varied according to season and freshness. Their famous Sunday Champagne Brunch, just $17.95, is accompanied by live soft music and is a grand feast for guests and locals alike.
- The Tavern, 179 Carter Notch Road, 603-383-9111, . This popular tavern is embellished with antique photographs and vintage appointments, and features create libations and lighter dining fare. This is a favorite meeting spot and hosts lively gatherings each aftrnoon and evening.
- The Inn At Ellis River, 17 Harriman Road, Phone 1-800-233-8309, . Near the White Mountains and other area attractions.
- Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club, 179 Carter Notch Road, Tel. 603-383-9111 or 800-966-5779, . Experience vintage New England and discover a quintessential mountain village escape. This historic hotel offers spectaular scenery, casual comforts, graceful dining, a grand veranda, golf course, and awesome adventures. This hotel is affordable, un-crowded and family friendly. Member of Historic Hotels of America.
- Carter Notch Inn, Carter Notch Road, ☎ 800-794-9434 ([email protected]), . A beautifully located Bed and Breakfast in the quaint New England village of Jackson, New Hampshire, overlooking the Wildcat River & in the heart of the White Mountains. Whatever your reason for staying in Jackson, our B&B is the perfect retreat, offering an excellent base for hiking Mount Washington or any of the stunning hiking trails in the White Mountain National Forest. Online booking
- The Wentworth Elegant Country Inn, 1 Carter Notch Rd, ☎ +1-800-637-0013, . checkin: 2pm; checkout: 11am. An elegant country inn offering unique lodging accommodations and fine dining year round. Accommodations range from standard lodging to deluxe rooms and charming suites. All deluxe rooms have beautiful king sleigh or four poster beds and each are equipped with a gas fireplace. Oversized Jacuzzi tubs and private outdoor hot tubs are also available for guests to enjoy. Fully-equipped condominiums with two and three bedrooms are also available for rent.
- The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa, 40 Thorn Hill Road, ☎ 603-383-4242, . Award Winning 4 Diamond Inn & Spa Resort close to Jackson Village, NH. Private cottages available. Breakfast & Dinner included in your room rate. Hiking, Biking, Skiing & more minutes from your door. $169-$440.