|−|==Info== | |
|−|*[http://www.ixtapa-zihuatanejo.com '''ixtapa-zihuatanejo.com'''] - Tourist Guide for Ixtapa & Zihuatanejo. What to do, Where to go, How to get there and much more. [http://www.ixtapa-zihuatanejo.com]. | |
Revision as of 18:49, 11 September 2012
is located on the Pacific Coast
in the state of Guerrero. It is a lovely getaway destination for families and young people alike. It feels timeless and makes a great escape. Rolling mountains and sparkling beaches await you in this historic town with much to explore and learn.
- AIR CANADA (Seasonal)
- ALASKA AIRLINES
- AMERICAN AIRLINES (Seasonal)
- DELTA AIRLINES (Seasonal)
- FRONTIER AIRLINES
- UNITED AIRLINES
The fastest way to reach your Hotel is to prebook a private transfer from any of the companies around here are some:
- Playa Las Gatas Looking for a family friendly beach, try “Cats Beach” also known as Playa Las Gatas. The waters here are known for being calm, cool, and easy to swim. There are nice, secluded areas for snorkeling and scuba diving, and a small beach shop with fabulous bikini tops. Support local vendors from the comfort of your deck chair – they sell delicious home-made ice cream, snacks, crafts and other refreshments. There are small boats that take you from the town pier to the beach, with a short commute of only 10-15 minutes. Check it out!
- Playa La Ropa One of Ixtapa’s largest and most breathtaking beaches is known as Playa La Ropa. This beach is filled with delicious restaurants, palm trees, and gentle waves. A taxi from town is $3. Sand and water lovers, this place is for you.
- Swim with DolphinsPhone from USA: 1-877-234-7469 Email: [email protected] Imagine hugging a dolphin? Here is your chance! These lovable sea wonders swim and play with you in the water. Did you know that they are the most intelligent mammals on earth? This interactive program is a wonderful opportunity for both families and couples. Give flipper a high five!
- Museo de Arqueología de la Costa Grande Are you a history buff? Or do you enjoy learning neat facts? Check out this fabulous collection of treasures, history, and culture. The museum has a large variety of pottery and intriguing stone relics from years ago. The museum is open during the week and on weekends, Tuesday through Sunday, 10am to 6pm. Phone: 755-554-7552
- Ixtapa Divers Want to look at coral up close? Swim in schools of tropical fish? Check out Ixtapa’s underworld. With Ixtapa Divers you have the pleasure of PADI certified divers and excellent instructors. Why spend time baking on the beach when you can explore the cool sea? Check it out. Email: [email protected]
- Ecological and Adventure Kayak Tours  Phone: 755-553-0496 On this special tour you will discover different agricultural areas and charming local villages. This ecological tour offers the chance to see an array of birds and Ixtapa’s thriving plant life. The tour also takes you through mangrove channels and wetlands. The best part is you get to experience five distinct ecological zones all while paddling. Spot iguanas and crazy chattering tropical birds. For a work-out and a visual treat, try this tour.
- Sportfishing Charters Email: [email protected] Phone: (USA) 1-877-234-7469 Sail with expert fishermen on the Pacific. These fishermen are not only experts, but have incredible passion for fishing and Mexico. They can tell you all about Ixtapa and teach you a lot about different fish and fishing practices. There are many different boats to charter. You get to pick a boat and fish for the day.
- Iguana’s Wild Tours Ready for some adventure? Bike around paradise with this fun tour. You can rent bicycles or motorcycles and cruise through the beautiful land of Ixtapa.
- Zih Galería Browse the rich art history of Mexico. Check out Zih Galería located nearby in Zihuatanejo. Here you will find a great collection of contemporary art and sculpture produced by many famous and well respected Mexican artists. Some of these artists include Marco A. Bustamante, José Coyote, and Manuel Gillén.
- Casa Morelos Centro Comercial La Puerta, Locales 9, 10 y 18, Ixtapa. Phone: 755-553-0578 This restaurant specializes in both good food and good service. Some unique and highly recommended dishes include the seafood casserole, shrimp in mustard sauce, and the crayfish in Ajillo (garlic) sauce.
- El Galeón Marina Ixtapa Phone: 755-553-2150 If you like tuna steak, this is the place to go. With an abundance of tasty seafood and delicious pastas, you won’t go hungry. You can choose whether to dine on the terrace or on “the ship.” The restaurant reproduced a boat that sits on land, but overlooks the water. The food is excellent and the scenery can’t be beat, check it out
- Elvira’s Playa la Ropa. If you are looking for casual, cheap, and of course cheerful, Elvira’s is your place. This restaurant is located on Playa La Ropa and is on the sand. Where else can you dine in your flip flops or even barefoot if you prefer? The restaurant specializes in seafood, come hungry.
- Villa De La Selva Paseo de la Roca Lote. Phone: 755-553-0362 This Mediterranean – contemporary restaurant is a blend of fabulous fishes, meat, and the freshest vegetables around. The elegant ambiance of this restaurant is as grand as the ocean it overlooks. One of the best characteristics of this restaurant is its spectacular location.
- Casa Bahia (Zihuatanejo Yacht Club), Col. Almacen (On the road to Puerto Mio), ☎ (755) 554-8666, . Noon-Midnight. Dine with spectacular views of Zihuatanejo Bay. A perfect place to catch a relaxing drink and dinner with a moon-rise over the hills. Consistently good seafood, meats and pastas, and the only place in town you can catch a real Salisbury Steak with gravy. mid-range.
- Senor Frog's Ixtapa Paseo de Ixtapa s/n Mza. 11 Lote 5, Centro Comercial La Puerta Phone: +52 752 553-2282 (No cover charge) Enjoy tasty drinks and prompt service from gorgeous waiters. Dancing stars round 11pm with some great tunes for all to enjoy! Chill out on one of the decks or do some dancing in cages for the more daring. Senor frogs is a new adventure every night and is a great place to meet new people.
- Capella Ixtapa, Paseo Playa Linda, ☎ 755 55 51100, . A 5 star Ixtapa beachfront resort. Has suites with private plunge pools, a spa, restaurants, and event and wedding space.
- Krystal International Vacation Club; Family-oriented all-inclusive hotel with beachfront vistas. Located close to major shopping and entertainment districts. English spoken.
- Solimar Inn Suites - (52) 755-554-3692, ; 12 fully equipped and nicely decorated suites for a very comfortable vacation for families and couples. Located in charming Zihuatanejo. A family owned & operated property. English spoken.
- Tesoro Resorts Ixtapa, (Located on Blvd. Ixtapa s/n Lote 5, Zona Hotelera), ☎ +52 (755) 555-0600 (fax: +52 (755) 553-0790), . Beachfront on the Playa del Palmar strip.
- Hotel Zihuatanejo Centro - (52) 755-554-5330, .
- United States, Hotel Fontan, Blvd Ixtapa, ☎ +52 755 553-2100 ([email protected], fax: +52 755 553-2772), .
- Playa Troncones 25 minutes north of the twin resorts of Zihuatanejo & Ixtapa and the Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa International Airport. It looks like Ixtapa but without the crowds. Troncones offers many miles of beautiful, unspoiled, golden sand beaches. Stroll, the virgin clean beach's and go barefoot in the surf where flocks of pelicans skim the crests of the waves and endangered sea turtles lay their eggs in the warm sand. Troncones is "the real Mexico"
- Zihuatanejo - Ten minutes by taxi, 20 by bus, nice change from totally-tourist Ixtapa; excellent food, better value for $, more likely to barter in shops, definitely more 'real world' than Ixtapa. Not as clean, not as pristine, but thoroughly enjoyable!