Ischia Ponte on the island of Ischia in Italy.
- The Castle Castello Aragonese is one of the most striking monuments on the island. It stands on a small island near Ischia Ponte. The castle can be reached over a stone bridge. The small island is about 113 meters high and the climb can be made on an old mule track or by using a modern elevator that was installed in the seventies. The castle was built in 1441 by Alfonso D’Aragona on top of the ruins of an old fort that dated back to 474 B.C. This fortified castle was used to protect Ischia’s population from pirate attacks. In the 16th century, almost 1900 families lived in the castle, as well as.
- Guevara Tower - The tower represents as well as the Castle one of the best known symbols of the island. It is called Guevara or Michelangelo’s Tower and is rising in front of the Castle, surrounded by a lawn and facing Sant’Anna rocks. The tower has been rebuilt on the ruins of an ancient fortress: it is likely one of the defence towers built from the XV century to protect the Castle islet ant the coast against enemies’raids. The tower derives its name from the Dukes of Guevara who were the ownwers since the beginning of 1800. Its second name derives from a groundless legend which tells that the world famous artist Michelangelo, who was a friend of the poetess Vittoria Colonna, stayed in the tower when he was visiting the island. The tower is nowadays used as arts exhibition centre.
Aputechella, 101 Via Luigi Mazzella, ☎ +39 081 3334537. 10:00-02:00. 'aputechella is an outstanding example of a chic island boutique. The lovely ladies who own this establishment have been dressing celebrities and tourists alike for over 8 years now. One will find a beautiful mix of silk, linen and cotton pieces. $-$$-$$$. edit
- Hotel Europa, Via Antonio Sogliuzzo, 25, ☎ +39 081 991427 | +39 081 982 633 ([email protected]), . Family-run hotel (from the 1956) in located in historical Ischia Ponte, only 200 metres from the beach and 500 metres from the Aragonese castle. Guests can soak in the thermal pool, complete with hydromassage jets, or in the new spa "cave" and indulge enjoy the sea view from the solarium before trying a typical Neopolitan dinner like risotto alla pescatora and frittura di gamberi e calamari, accompanied by an extensive selection of local wines. In the morning there is a breakfast buffet with home sweets and jam. A range of pampering treatments and massages are available in the beauty salon. Multilingual staff are on hand to arrange organised excursions to Pompeii, Napoli and the Amalfi Coast. edit
- Hotel Parco Cartaromana, Via Nuova Cartaromana, ☎ +39 081 993600 ([email protected], fax: +39 081 984011), . The Parco Cartaromana Hotel is in a truly marvelous location and the view from the hotel is one of the most captivating in all of Ischia: the hotel balconies overlook the Aragonese Castle and the magnificent Bay of Cartaromana. Green hills surround the area, a haven of peace and silence. There are also a health spa, three swimming pools and two tennis courts available for its guests. Prices from 42€ edit
- Hotel Punta Molino Beach Resort & Spa, Lungomare C.Colombo 23 Ischia (between Ischia Ponte and Ischia Porto), ☎ +39 081 99 15 44 ([email protected], fax: +39 081 991562), . The 5 stars hotel overlooks the sea and is very close to Corso Vittoria Colonna, the exclusive shopping street of Ischia.The hotel has three swimming pools at different temperatures, one directly on the sea fed by fresh water and two pools, one covered. Health & Beauty within the qualified staff will take care of your health and your beauty offering personalized treatments. edit