Ilha do Mel is an hourglass-shaped island just off the coast of Paraná.
Ilha do Mel can be reached by regular ferries from the port city of Paranaguá.
The island has no roads, only a network of sandy trails. Trails spread out from the village, which is on the south side of the narrow isthmus connecting the two parts of the island.
- There is a lighthouse on a hill on the southeastern face of the island. It is a good place to take pictures, and also to get a good idea of the shape of the island.
- On the northeast face of the island, there are the remains of an old Portuguese fort.
- David's Bar and Restaurant, 041 426 8008. Typical local dishes of Ilha do Mel and surrounds, this place also sells some local handicrafts.
- Recanto Tropical Restaurant, 41 426 8054. Per-kilo buffet.
- Restaurante Mar e Sol, 041 426 8021. Larger restaurant specializing in seafood.
There are many guesthouses in the small village. Those further from the dock are a bit cheaper. Many guesthouses are open only during the busy summer tourist season.
- Pousada Caraguatá, Praia de Encantadas, +55 (41) 3426 9097, .
- Pousada Girasol, Farol da Rochas, 041 426 8006. 5 minutes walk south of the dock area. Open year-round. Decent breakfast.
- Pousada Pôr-do-Sol, Nova Brasilia, 041 3426 8009. From the dock, walk straight inland to the other side of the island, less than 5 minutes' walk. Clean rooms and a nice restaurant attached.