|| This article or section does not match our manual of style or needs other editing. Please plunge forward, give it your attention and help it improve! Suggested fixes: None specified. Please use the article's talk page to ask questions if you are not sure why this tag was added and whether it is safe to remove it.
- For other places with the same name, see Hyderabad (disambiguation).
Hyderabad is the capital of Andhra Pradesh, a state in the South of India. Hyderabad is adjacent to Secunderabad but there is no distinct border. The two cities are often referred to as the Twin Cities. Earlier they were separated by Hussain Sagar Lake (also known as Tank Bund in local parlance) but both cities have grown so much that now they have become one big city though administration still remains separate.
Hyderabad/Secunderabad is well connected to all parts of the country by Air, Rail and Road. Airport is located in Begumpet. The Begumpet Airport also provides international connectivity to South-East Asia, Europe and North America. There are three major railway stations: Secunderabad, Hyderabad, and Kachiguda, which connect the Twin Cities to various parts of India. In case of road, you could drop off at a place closer to where you want to go into the city.
All forms of transport are available in the city right from city buses to chauffer driven taxis.
It is important to note that despite its size, Hyderabad completely lacks any sort of expressway system, leading to a high prevalence of traffic jams. However, a 160km Ring Road Expressway is currently under construction, with an expected completion date of late 2008.
- Golconda Fort
- Falaknuma Palace The Falaknuma Palace used to be the home of the late Nizam. It is currently closed to visitors, as the Taj Hotels group is converting it into a heritage hotel.
- Chowmahalla Palace The Chowmahalla Palace was once the centre of Hyderabad , Situated near Charminar. It was the seat of the Asaf Jahi dynasty where the Nizam entertained his official guests and royal visitors.
- Qutubshahi Tombs
- Raymond Tomb
- Salarjung Museum  The salarjung museam is a very nice collection of articles from the late Nawab Salar jung and his father nad grandfather
- Taramati Baradari Tomb, Gandipet
- The Hyderabad Public School, Begumpet- Formerly, a nizam's(muslim-ruler) palace and the Jagirdar's College. This Institution was founded in 1923 and is currently one of the oldest and largest public schools in the country. The campus is also an internationally recognised heritage site.
- The 400 year old Mecca Masjid
- The 300 year old Toli Masjid
- Moula Ali Dargah
- Hussain shah wali dargah
Birla Mandir built with marble stone on noubat pahad---pic posted by vishnu
- St. Josephs Cathedral
- Sanghi Temple
- Chilkur Balaji Temple
- Keesara Gutta Shiva Temple
- Yadagiri Gutta. (60 km from Hyderabad)
- HareRama HareKrishna Temple.
- Nagmata Temple (Secbad)
- Kachiguda Mahankali Temple.
- Dhartimata Temple( BegumBazar)
- Gandi Maisamma (GandiPet)
- Shyam Mandir(Kachiguda Station)
- Ujjaini Mahankali Temple (Secbad)
- Bhuddha Statue (At the center of the Hussain Sagar lake)[Image:Buddha_statue.jpg|thumb|Budhha statue in the Husaian sagar lake---pic posted by vishnu]]
- Hussain Sagar (Tank Bund/Buddha Statue)
- Himayat Sagar
- Gandipet/Osman Sagar
- Necklace Road. ( The Chaupati @hyderabad)
- Lumbini Park.
- Indira Park.
- Public Gardens.
- Nehru Zoological Park.
- Sanjeeviah Park.
- N.T.R. Gardens.
- Krishna Kanth Park.
- Botonical Garden.(Hitech city)
- Lotus Pond.
- KBR Natioanl Park.
IT Corridor Attractions
- Shilparamam (AP's Handicrafts and Cultural Exhibition Center)
- Hitech City (Hyderabad's Silicon Valley)
Hitech city---pic posted by vishnu
- Cyber Towers (First landmark building built by APIIC and L&T)
- Cyber Gateway.
- Cyber Pearl.
- Raheja I.T. Park/Mindspace IT Park (Includes Qualcomm,Accenture,IBM,Amazon,Continum Solutions,CSC etc)
- Deccan Park(TCS campus)
TCS campus ( deccan park)---pic posted by vishnu
- National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Hyderabad NIFT
- Indian School of Business, Gachibowli, Hyderabad ISB
- International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad IIIT
- Jawahar Lal Technological University
- Osmania University
- Potti Sriramulu Telugu Viswavidyalayam
Fun & Frolic
- Prasad's IMAX (First IMAX theatre in South India)
- Treasure Island
- PVR Cinemas
- Ramoji Film City ( A complete movie studio similar to Hollywood)
- Thunder Bowl
- Yatri Nivas
- Stop Over
- Coffee Day
- Birla Planetarium
- Ocean Park
- Bowling Alley's
- Country Club
- Falaknuma Palace
- SafilGuda Mini Tank Bund(Malkajgiri)
- Necklace Road
- Snow World
- Diginet Digital Experience Zone (AP's Best Gamecenter. Wifi hotspot, coffee shop, shopping)Ph: 55580009
- Planatorium at Naubat Pahad.
- Exhibition called Numaish
The exhibition is an expo of various items manufactured all over India. It typically runs for 6 weeks from the 1st week of January to the second week of February.
- AP State Museum Gate #2, Public Gardens, Near Ravinda Bharati Auditorium - displays a stunning array of artefacts dating back to the 1st century to the 20th Century. Ranging from the Lotus Medallion of the 1st century to the Amazing Kalankari work that adorned the bed-spreads of the Nizams to a period room that displays the typical living room of the Nizam time to the Jain sculptures and Statues - this place has it all.
- SalarJung Museum  displays a variety of nizam Jewellery, Which Is not only Expensive in its cost but also the rarest art pieces one can find any where else.
If you are a history freak - this is the place for you. The Entry Fee is dirt cheap and for a little more you can click as many pictures as you like. A Definite worth while visit. Not to mention total Valmoney!!
- Ornaments & Jewellery
- Pearls from Hyderabad
- Bangles from shops near Charminar.
- Imititation Jewellery From Charminar.
- Lad bazaar
- Begum bazaar
- Sultan bazaar
- General bazaar
- Monda Market (misc Budget Shopping)
- Feel Khana Khadim
- The Hyderabadi Biriyani is known all over India as one of the best Biriyanis.
Known to be the favourite dish of the Nizam's of Hyderabad, Biriyani is a dish that was originally made with lamb's meat carefully cooked with Rice. Today Biriyani can be made with anything ranging from vegetables to Chicken to Beef. Although any Irani cafe might serve this delectable dish, there are a few places that are popular and one might do well to look it up in the phone books.
- Hyderabad Biriyani house.
- The Paradise Restaurant(Secbad)
- Baawarchi (RTC X Roads)
- Bahar (BasheerBagh)
- Andhra Meal - local eat-to-your-heart-content type food
If Biriyani is not your choice of meal or you are stuffed with it more than once, do not fret. Hyderabad offers a variety of cuisines, and I can vouch for it as one of the best places to sample every cuisine. Palace heights, is a slightly upscale restaurant that offers great dishes with a spectacular view of the city.
The best drink in the summer months is lassi and faluda.
- Liquids, An exclusive lounge & bar located in Banjara Hills is a not to miss destination. On the expensive side with an average drink costing Rs. 250 upwards. Also serves superb fusion food with spectacular city view.
- Hotel Ashoka, 6-1-70 Lakdikapul. Rs.450 to Rs.840
- Hotel Harsha, 39 Public Garden Road, Nampally. Rs 515-Rs 1085
- Hotel Haridwar, Koti. Rs.150 to Rs.500
- Hotel Sabharwal & Rajdhani Dhaba 4-1-35 6/2,Hanuman Tekdi, Near Reddy Hostel,Abids, 4752924. Rs.200 to Rs.550
- Hotel Megacity, 335-339 Basheerbagh cross road. Rs.275 to Rs.550
- Hotel Parklane, 115 parklane S.D.Road, Secunderabad-3. Rs.550 to Rs.800
- Hotel Karan, S.D.Road,Secunderabad-03. Rs.700 to Rs.1600
- Aahwaanam, J. N. Road, Abids. Rs.295 to Rs.650+5%
- Hotel Minerva, Himayatnagar. Rs.650 to Rs.900
- Hotel Dwaraka Heritage, 116 Chenoy Trade Centre, Park Lane, Secunderabad-3. Rs.500to Rs.950
- Hyderabad Youth Hostel, Boat Club near Hussain Sagar Dam. Rs.30to Rs.60
- Hotel Baseraa, 9-1-167/168 SD Road, Secunderabad-3. Rs 2000-Rs 5000
- Hotel Kamat Lingapore, 1-10-44/2, Chikoti Gardens, Begumpet, Hyderarabad-16. Rs 1350-Rs 2150 Phone: +91-040-27764242
- Hotel Govinsagar, 1-10-44/3, Suraj Gardens, Usilampet, Hyderarabad-16. Rs 135-Rs 215 Phone: +91-040-27764582 Hotel Preeti Contact 09339424307
- Hotel Amrutha Castle, Opp.Secretariat
- Taj Mahal Hotel, Abids Road.
- Taj Krishna Hotel, Banjara Hills.
- Taj Banjara Hotel, Banjara Hills.
- Grand Kakatiya Sheraton, Begumpet.
- Taj Residency, Banjara Hills.
- Novotel, Hi-Tech City
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!