Revision as of 22:50, 17 February 2009
Hudson  is a city in Columbia County New York.
- Stewart International Airport, 1180 First St, New Windsor, +1 845 564-2100, .
- Albany International Airport, 737 Albany-Shaker Rd, Albany, .
- Amtrak, 1-800-USA-RAIL, . Rail service from Hudson station, 69 South Front St, to New York City's Penn Station and other points.
- Hudson-Athens Lighthouse, . Located offshore, limited tours through Hudson Cruises +1 518 822-1014.
Olana, home of painter Frederic Church.
- Olana, 5720 Route 9G, +1 518 828-0135, . The mountain-top villa of Frederic Church, one of the most prominent Hudson River painters and one of the United State's most significant artists. From the hilltop home there are sweeping views of the Catskills, the Hudson River, and the Taconic Hills. Interior of the house is closed for rehabilitation work through July 2007. Grounds are open year round for walking, hiking, cross-country skiing, and other activities.
- Fireman Museum
- Shaker Museum
Hudson has a huge number of art galleries and antique stores for a town of its size as well as fashion, fabric, and other craft studios.
- Organic Market Breakfast and lunch.
- Kennedy Fried Chicken 320 Warren St, (518) 828-5922
- Diamond Street Diner 717 Warren St, (518) 828-2131
- Red Dot 321 Warren St, (518) 828-3657. Upscale bar and restaurant.
- Ca' Mea 333 Warren St, (518) 822-0005. Italian fish, pasta, and meats.
- Mexican Radio 537 Warren St, (518) 828-7770. Award winning Mexican food and Margaritas.
- Vico 136 Warren St, (518) 828-6529. Tuscan cuisine, with local ingredients.
- Taproom (located in the St. Charles Hotel). 10 beers on tap. Happy hour specials. 25 cent wings & 2 dollar pints on Wednesdays.
- Muddy Cup Coffee House 742 Warren St, +1518 828-2210, . Inviting, large cafe full of couches and comfy chairs. Coffee, smoothies, organic teas and pasteries. M-Th 7AM-10PM, F 7AM-11PM, Sa 7AM-11PM, Su 8AM-9PM. Free wifi.
- St. Charles Hotel 16-18 Park Place, +1 518 822-9900, . $69-$109, including continental breakfast.
- Muddy Cup (see listing above) has free wireless as well as one desktop machine in the back.