The West Inner Loop encompasses many of the poshest, most upscale neighborhoods and business areas in Houston.
Long known as Houston's most exclusive neighborhood, River Oaks is home to a large collection of eye-popping mansions.
This affluent neighborhood is easily accessible from Kirby, Willowick, Inwood, and River Oaks Blvd.
- 3031 Ella Lee: Murder site of the socialite Doris Angleton
- 3800 River Oaks Blvd.: The River Oaks Country Club
- River Oaks Theatre. Houston historical landmark theatre.
- River Oaks Country Club, 1800 River Oaks Blvd.. Very, very exclusive club. If you can meet and resident that is willing to take you, there is golf, tennis, fine dining, and swimming. You cannot get in alone. You either have to be a member or have someone who lives in River Oaks sponsor you for membership.
- River Oaks Shopping Center, one of America's first suburban shopping districts and a great display of Art Deco architecture.
- Highland Village Shopping District, . Upscale shops and restaurants.
- Churrasco's ($$$$$), 2055 Westheimer Rd Houston TX 77098. Expensive and delicious South American and Brazilian food.
- Armandos ($$$$$), 2630 Westheimer Rd Houston TX 77098.
- Escalante's ($$$), 4053 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77027. Fine south of the boarder food.
- Smith & Wollensky ($$$$$), 4007 Westheimer Rd. Some of Houston's best steaks. Extremely fine dining.
- Cafe La Jadeite ($$$$), 1952 W Gray St, Houston, TX 77019. Oriental food with great art design.
- Epicure Cafe ($). Tasty European food in a small European like cafe.
- La Griglia ($$$$$), 2002 W Gray St, Houston, TX 77019. River Oak's favorite place to eat lunch and have a fine dinner.
- House of Pies ($), 3112 Kirby, . 24 hours. The best diner in town. Always open, it is a great option for late night eats serving delicious breakfast, hot coffee, and of course a vast array of pies.
- The St. Regis Hotel ($$$$$), 1919 Briar Oaks Lane, Houston, TX 77027, .