Downtown is in Houston.
- Downtown Aquarium, . Situated right on Buffalo Bayou. Not just an aquarium, it has a ferris wheel and other carnival-style rides. 9.25 adult admission, rides cost extra.
- Houston Symphony Orchestra, Jones Hall, 615 Louisiana Ave. . Concerts throughout the year including both a classical series and a pops series.
- Houston Grand Opera, Wortham Theatre Center, 510 Preston St., 713-228-6737. . World-class opera in the heart of downtown's Theatre District.
- Mercury Baroque, Cullen Theatre, Wortham Center, 510 Preston St., 713-533-0080. Baroque music for the historical purist.
- Theatre Under the Stars (TUTS), Hobby Center for the Performing Arts, 800 Bagby, 713-558-TUTS. Broadway style big theatre productions in one of Houston's newest downtown arts venues.
- Downtown Houston Tunnels. 25 miles of tunnels run under Downtown Houston with restaurants and retail shops throughout Downtown. Good for a rainy day.
- Irma's, 22 N. Chenevert St., ☎ 713-222-0767. A Houston institution! Fun, traditional atmosphere with authentic, unwatered down Tex-Mex cuisine.
- Flying Saucer Draught Emporium, Main at Texas. A staggering variety of beers, some wine, scantily clad staff. $3-$6/pt.
- Alden Hotel, 1117 Prairie Street, (832) 200 8800, . Boasts a modern minimalist interior and is one of Houston's top boutique luxury hotels.
- Hotel Icon, 220 Main St. (Congress St.), (713) 224-ICON, . This boutique hotel features award winning dining, extensive meeting facilities, and a luxury day spa.