Downtown is in Houston.
- Downtown Aquarium, . Situated right on Buffalo Bayou. Not just an aquarium, it has a ferris wheel and other carnival-style rides. 9.25 adult admission, rides cost extra.
- Houston Symphony Orchestra, Jones Hall, 615 Louisiana Ave. . Concerts throughout the year including both a classical series and a pops series.
- Houston Grand Opera, Wortham Theatre Center, 510 Preston St., 713-228-6737. . World-class opera in the heart of downtown's Theatre District.
- Mercury Baroque, Cullen Theatre, Wortham Center, 510 Preston St., 713-533-0080. Baroque music for the historical purist.
- Theatre Under the Stars (TUTS), Hobby Center for the Performing Arts, 800 Bagby, 713-558-TUTS. Broadway style big theatre productions in one of Houston's newest downtown arts venues.
- Downtown Houston Tunnels. 25 miles of tunnels run under Downtown Houston with restaurants and retail shops throughout Downtown. Good for a rainy day.
- Magick Cauldron, 2424 Montrose Blvd (On Montrose Blvd. between Hyde Park and Fairview.), ☎ (713) 523-0069, . Mon.thru Sat: 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Sun: 12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.. A one-stop shop for incense, crystals, magic candles, herbs, spell ingredients, pagan jewelry, and anything else regarding the supernatural one might need. Even if you're don't practice any magick you can still find a plethora of interesting things. Limited parking available.
- Irma's, 22 N. Chenevert St., ☎ 713-222-0767. A Houston institution! Fun, traditional atmosphere with authentic, unwatered down Tex-Mex cuisine.
- Houston Pavillions.
- Flying Saucer Draught Emporium, Main at Texas. A staggering variety of beers, some wine, scantily clad staff. $3-$6/pt.
- Best Western Northwest Inn & Suites, 11611 Northwest Freeway, ☎ +1 713 290-1400, . checkin: 3PM.
- Courtyard by Marriott Houston Convention Center, 916 Dallas Street, ☎ 8323661601, . Only 10 minues from Hoby Airport, and 30 miles from Galveston, this hotel is located right in the middle of Downtown Houston. $189-$239.
- Houston Downtown Residence Inn, 904 Dallas St., ☎ 8323661000, . $199-$329.
- Alden Hotel, 1117 Prairie Street, (832) 200 8800, . Boasts a modern minimalist interior and is one of Houston's top boutique luxury hotels.
- Hotel Icon, 220 Main St. (Congress St.), (713) 224-ICON, . This boutique hotel features award winning dining, extensive meeting facilities, and a luxury day spa.
- Hotel ZaZa Houston, 5701 Main Street, (713)526-1991 . Located in Houston’s historic Museum District, this pet-friendly boutique hotel features concept suites, a luxury spa and fitness center, meeting facilities and fine dining options.