Hobro is a city in North Jutland, Denmark.
A house at the Fyrkat viking centre
- Fyrkat Vikingcentre, Fyrkatvej 37B, ☎ +45 98 51 19 27, . 10-16 (Jun-Aug 10-17). Fyrkat is thought to be the oldest of the Viking ring castles, dating from around year AD. While the wooden structures are long gone, the 120 meter diameter earth ramparts are still very much visable. A short walk away the museum has reconstructed a viking village with 9 reconstructed farmhouses. There is a viking restaurant in the area too (see listing under eat) and ocational live performances. 60 DKK.
- Havnø Mill (Havnø Mølle), Havnøvej 40, Hadsund (30 km east of town, difficult to reach by public transport), ☎ +45 9931 7460 ([email protected]). 19 Jun-31 Aug W noon-4PM. Dutch thatched windmill built 1842, the oldest windmill in North Jutland. Restored in 2000. 20 Kr, children free, group 10 Kr.
- Hobro Art Gallery (Kunstetagerne), Adelgade 26 (entrance through the library), ☎ +45 9711 5200, . M-F 9AM-6PM (M only Apr-Sep), Sa 9:30AM-1:30PM. Exhibits Danish artists at six to eight new exibits every year. The building was originally a brewery built in 1841. Free.
- Svanen (Veteran steam ferry).
- Trekantsruten. Trekantsruten (triangle route) starts from Hobro harbour where a bus goes to Handest. From Handest, a veteran train goes to Mariager Harbour and from Mariager, the steam boat Svanen sails to Hobro Harbour. Tickets can be purchased in Hobro harbour.