Hendersonville is located in western North Carolina. The population estimate for 2005 is 11,396 and it is 2,200 feet above sea level.
Hendersonville lies 40 miles north of Spartanburg, South Carolina and 22 miles south of Asheville, North Carolina at the southern edge of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Hendersonville can be accessed from three exits from Interstate 26.
Hendersonville served by a privately owned, public use airport. The Hendersonville Airport has been in operation since 1932, and is located 2.5 miles southeast of the town.
Apple County Transit
- Flat Rock Playhouse, 2661 Greenville Highway, Flat Rock. +1 828 693-0731, . Home to the Vagabond Players (1937) since 1953. Designated "State Theatre of North Carolina," its season runs from April through December.
- Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site, Flat Rock, 
- Apple Festival, Labor Day weekend
- Main Street shopping district.
- Inn on Church, 201 Third Ave W, +1 828 693-3258 (toll free: 1-800-330-3836), . This restaurant occupies the historic former "Aloah Hotel" building in downtown Hendersonville.
- Baby Back Joe's Smokehouse, 59 Highlands Square Dr (at the entrance of Wal-Mart Shopping Center), +1 828 697-9433. Authentic Hickory Smoked Meats. Featuring Baby Back Ribs, Pulled or Sliced Pork, Beef Brisket, Pork Spare Ribs, and Beef Ribs.
- Highland Lake Inn, . A country retreat as well as a romantic bed and breakfast.
- Inn on Church, 201 Third Ave W, +1 828 693-3258 (toll free: 1-800-330-3836), . This bed and breakfast occupies the historic former "Aloah Hotel" building in downtown Hendersonville.
- Hogaloft, 145 Little Ln, +1 828 698-2466. Located just outside Historic Hendersonville this rustic Inn offers either Suite or Studio style accommodations.
- The Waverly Inn, 783 N. Main, +1 828 693-9193, . Beautiful 100-year-old inn just north of downtown historic district. 13 rooms and one suite. Not cheap but worth it - great breakfasts! Very friendly hosts.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!