Revision as of 05:31, 9 March 2012
Hendersonville  is in western North Carolina. The population estimate for 2005 is 11,396 and it is 2,200 feet above sea level.
Hendersonville, NC is a small town just south of Asheville, NC. Its the perfect place to spend an afternoon or a lifetime. Hendersonville is a small community of about 12,000, with that friendly "Small Town, USA" feeling.
Downtown you'll find a thriving Main street complete with fine restaurants, homemade ice cream shops, antique stores, and lots of artists and art galleries. Downtown Hendersonville is a fantastic place to spend a day shopping with its beautiful landscaping, wide sidewalks, comfortable benches, outdoor water fountains and plenty of parking, not to mention all of the wonderful and unique shops.
Hendersonville lies 40 miles north of Spartanburg, South Carolina and 22 miles south of Asheville, North Carolina at the southern edge of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Hendersonville can be accessed from three exits from Interstate 26.
Hendersonville served by a privately owned, public use airport. The Hendersonville Airport has been in operation since 1932, and is located 2.5 miles southeast of the town.
Apple Country Public Transit - 526 Seventh Avenue East Hendersonville, NC 28793
Checker Cab Co. - 500 7th Ave E, Hendersonville, NC
Sams Cab - 729 Maple St, Hendersonville, 28792
Carolina Taxi & Ind Transportation - 537 Fitzsimmons St, Hendersonville, 28792
- Flat Rock Playhouse, 2661 Greenville Highway, Flat Rock. +1 828 693-0731, . Home to the Vagabond Players (1937) since 1953. Designated "State Theatre of North Carolina," its season runs from April through December.
- Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site, Flat Rock 
- Apple Festival, Labor Day weekend
- Play golf.
- Art and Craft Community
- Main Street shopping district.
- 2 Guys Pizza and Ribs, 746 6th Ave. We., ☎ 828-693-6755, . This establishment makes all of its sauces and crust from scratch. Offers a family atmosphere and friendly staff.
- Hannah Flanagan's Irish Pub, (corner of 3rd and Main), ☎ +1 828-696-1665.
- Highland Lake Inn, . A country retreat as well as a romantic bed and breakfast.
- Hogaloft, 145 Little Ln, +1 828 698-2466. Located just outside Historic Hendersonville this rustic Inn offers either Suite or Studio style accommodations.
- Inn on Church, 201 Third Ave W, ☎ +1 828-693-3258 (toll free: 1-800-330-3836), . This bed and breakfast occupies the historic former "Aloah Hotel" building in downtown Hendersonville.
- Elizabeth Leigh Inn, 908 5th Avenue West, +1 828 698-9707
- Meadowbrook Log Cabin, 1804 Meadowbrook Terr (Walking distance from restaurants, parks, shops), ☎ 828-698-2624, . Private cabin in Druid Hills. 2 Bedrooms, 2 full Baths, Attic/Loft, Sleeps 7 - Free WiFi, DirecTV, Gourmet Kitchen, Fire in Living Room & Master Bedroom, Rockers, Glider, Swings, Grills. Pets Welcome. $200 - $1000.
- Quality Inn and Suites, 201 Sugar Loaf Rd (Exit 49A, right at light, .01m. on right), ☎ 828-692-7231. checkin: 3:00PM; checkout: 11:00AM. Largest Hotel in Hendersonville with indoor heated swimming pool, hot tub, putt putt green, game room, exercise room, seasonal lounge, banquet rooms, 149 rooms including some suites, truck and bus parking, group packages available. $49 - $249.
- The Waverly Inn, 783 N. Main St (Exit 49B, go 2 miles, turn right on Main Street, Inn on left), ☎ 828-693-9193, 800-537-8195 ([email protected]), . checkin: 1PM; checkout: 11AM. Beautiful 100-year-old inn just north of downtown historic district. 14 rooms and one suite. Great breakfasts. Very friendly hosts. $129-285. (35.32112,-82.46149)
- Barker House 1891 Bed & Breakfast, 1432 Greenville Hwy, ☎ 828 699-3291, . Romantic hotel offering Victorian elegance and southern charm. Four beautiful rooms.
- Comfort Inn, 206 Mitchelle Drive, ☎ 828 693-8800, . checkin: 3:00 p.m.; checkout: 11:00 a.m..
- Blue Ridge ParkwayBlue Ridge Parkway, nearest access is Asheville
|Routes through Hendersonville
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!