Revision as of 07:17, 26 September 2012
Hanstholm is an important fishing harbour in North Jutland, Denmark
Smyril lines M/S Norönna during Hanstholms days as an active ferry port
Hanstholm is the ending point of national routes 26 & 29. Bus lines 96 and 322 connects Hanstholm to Thisted serveral times per day, in Thisted there is connections to other regional bus lines, the national rail system. Flights to Thisted Airport has been suspended, nearest airports are now in Aalborg and Karup.
Hanstholm used to be in important ferry harbour for the North Atlantic, but services has moved to harbours better connected to the national highway system. Though there is local initiatives to reopen a ferry route to Norway, so far the hard work has been fruitless, mostly because a suitable ferry has not been found.
- Bus line 96 connects the harbor with the town centre and continues to Ræhr, Nors and Thisted.
- Falke Taxi, Tel. +45 9796 2111
- Hanstholm Harbour (Hanstholm Havn), ☎ +45 9655 0710 ([email protected], fax: +45 9655 0720), . Denmark's largest commercial fishing harbour at a lenght of 4,5 km. There is a fish auction M-F fom 7AM, and a smokehouse offering both smoked and fresh fish. It is possible to join one or two days fishing tours.
- Hanstholm Lighthouse (Hanstholm Fyr), Tårnvej 21, ☎ +45 9796 1736, . 28 Jun-17 Aug 10AM-5PM. (57.112716,8.598556)
The lighthouse in Hanstholm
- Museumscenter Hanstholm, Molevej 29, ☎ +45 9796 1736, . Jun-Aug 10AM-5PM. Museum including part of the very extensive WWII military defences forming part of the 'Atlantic Wall', placed at Hanstholm because of its strategic importance during the German occupation. 60,00K Adults 15-25K concessions. 60 Kr. (57.120833,8.616389)
Most activities in Hanstholm is centered around the city's maritime heritage, especially the lively fisheries industry. You could try getting up early and attend the daily fish auctions taking place at 6.30 at Auktionsvej 11 , or take a fishing trip to the rich fishing grounds of the Yellow reef about 2 hours sailing off shore. The town is also home of a lively windsurfing and kite surfing scene, locally branded as "Cold Hawaii". Yet another option is diving one of the many wrecks in the area - the nearest diveshop is Thy-Dyk in Thisted, which can be contacted at +45 20 11 21 49.
- Rederiet Gule Rev (Fishing excursions), Ørhagevej 171, Klitmøller, ☎ +45 97 97 53 94 ([email protected]), . Runs fishing trips to the yellow reef aboard one of their 5 vessels. 800 DKK per person or full boat from 9900 DKK.
- Surfklubben NASA (surfing club), Ørhagevej 14, Klitmøller, ☎ +45 ([email protected]), . Is the local surfing organisation, it's not a commercial enterprise, but if you want to surf here - these are the guys to get in touch with
- Thy National Park, . The national park stretches from the lighthouse in Hanstholm in the north to Agger Tange in the south and is bordered on the east by farmland. The park consists of dwarf shrubs, lakes and limestone slopes. In the national park,ruins from WWII can be seen and. Several types of birds as well as rabbits, deers and hedgehogs can be spotted.
- Hanstholm Camping, . Offers variety of activities in the high season, such as walking tours, tree climbing, sea kayak courses, diving in Thy National Park, kitesurfing and horse riding on Icelandic ponies.
- La Pizza, Bytorvet 8, Shopping Centre, ☎ +45 9796 0909.
- Aroma Pizza, Bytorvet, ☎ +45 9796 0777, .
- Hotel Hanstholm, Chr. Hansenvej 2, Hanstholm, ☎ +45 9796 1044.
- Sir Henry's Pub, Hanstholm Shopping Centre, ☎ +45 9796 1402.
- Kræn Blosen, Hanstholm Shopping Centre, ☎ +45 9796 1818.
- Bodegaen, Bytorvet 18, Hanstholm, ☎ +45 9796 2060.
- Hanstholm Gl. Kro, Centervej 35, Hanstholm, ☎ +45 9796 2777, .
- Hanstholm Camping, Hamborgvej 95, ☎ +45 97 96 51 98, . checkin: 15; checkout: 11. Huts from 500 DKK, tents 108 DKK per night. (57.111208,8.668717)
- Hotel Hanstholm, Chr. Hansensvej 2, ☎ +45 97 96 10 44, . swimmingpool, sauna, fitness facilities and a restaurant. Singles 795 DKK, Doubles 1045 DKK. (57.116422,8.607144)
- Hanstholm SømandsHjem og Hotel, Kai Lindbergs Gade 71, Hanstholm Harbor, ☎ +45 9796 1145, .
Bus 96 to Thisted via Ræhr and Nors
Bus 322 to Thisted via Klitmøller