Gulbene is a town (population about 9000) in Latvia.
- Several buses leave from Riga each day to Gulbene. Trip times vary, but it generally takes about 3 hours.
There is a train connection between Gulbene and Riga, but fewer services run than by bus.
Information on attractions in the region is available from the local tourist association office (Ābeļu 2, Gulbene. Tel. +371 4497729. www.gulbene.lv).
- Narrow gauge railway that connects Gulbene and Aluksne.
There are a number of cafés around town, including:
- Manēža Brivibas 18, Tel. 29205169
- Amro Dzelzceļa 8, Tel. 29854894
- Schwanenburg O. Kalpaka 27A, Tel. 26567044
- Fiesta Brivibas 82, Tel. 29227177
- Flora Magnolija Rigas 63, Tel. 26810475
- Jesēnija Rigas 65, Tel. 64472078
- Pie Kamīna Rigas 62, Tel. 64473249
- Pie Rūtas Brivibas 35, Tel. 64472280
- Rankas Sieri O. Kalpaka 29, Tel. 28355405
- Marķīzs Brivibas 106, Tel. 28296909
- Kante Miera 15A
- Pienenīte Rigas 31, Tel. 64473428
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|