Gudvangen is a village in Sogn og Fjordane.
There is a small airport in Sogndal. The closest airport with international flights is Bergen airport
Flåm, 20 km (12 mi) away, is the endpoint for the famous Flåm-railway.
E16, passes right through Gudvangen.
Seven daily departures from Bergen. Seven daily departures from Sogndal and Lærdal. Eight daily departures from Flåm.
Gudvangen is accessible, via the Nærøyfjord, by passenger ferry from Flåm, five times daily (Only once daily, 1 Oct-30Apr). And by car ferry from Kaupanger and Lærdal, four times daily (1 May-30 Sep). A number of cruise ships dock in Gudvangen every year.
Walking or bicycling are the best options. Using a car is not really necessary.
- Kjelfoss (Kjelfoss Waterfall), Gudvangen. This waterfall can be seen from boatquay, or from E16. The total hight is 755 m (2477 ft). The highest single drop is 149 m (490 ft). Free.
- Nærøyfjorden. Nærøyfjorden is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The beautiful scenery of the fjord surrounded by mountains up to 1800 metres tall will take the breath out of you. The fjord is 17 km (11 mi) long. At the most narrow it is only 250 m (820 ft) wide.
- Gudvangen Viking Merchant Town, . Very nice viking market, held annually in July. You can come as a tourist and look around at the crafts, but it is much more fun to make friends with them and hang out viking-style! (Involves homebrewed mead)
The local bottled water, called Olden.
- Gudvangen Camping, ☎ +47 57633934/+47 99380803 ([email protected]), . Cabins, rooms and places to put up a tent or park your camper van.
- Gudvangen Fjordtell, ☎ +47 57633929 ([email protected], fax: +47 57633980), . A hotel with twelve double rooms and a number of apartments of different sizes. Suitable for people with a wheelchair, according to information given by the hotel.