Gudauri is a mountain-ski resort in Georgia. Situated on the south-facing plateau of the Greater Caucasus Mountain Range at an elevation of 2200 m above sea level with skiable area enjoying maximum exposure to the sun.
Gudauri lies 100 km (75 miles, 2 hours drive) to the north of the capital Tbilisi and is two-hour drive from the Tbilisi International Airport or even a shorter helicopter flight from Tbilisi. The resort offers high quality skiing opportunities to all levels of skiers and snowboarders. The slopes of Gudauri are completely above the tree line and are generally considered to be avalanche-safe. The ski season usually lasts for four months, starting from mid-December till the end of April and the snow on the slopes gets up to 5 feet deep. Moreover, in case of inappropriate weather, being fully equipped with snow making system, makes announcing of the desirable date for the opening of the season in December much easier. Nowadays, Gudauri is officially considered as internationally one of the best ski resorts as well as FIS certificated.
Tbilisi International Airport is 120 km from Gudauri ski resort.
Kutaisi international airport is 320 km from Gudauri ski resort.
Two hours drive.
By route taxiEdit
Route taxi from Tbilisi Trans Didube station to Gudauri goes every one hour from 08:00 am till 06:00 pm. Same from Gudauri to Tbilisi.
Jvari Monastery is a Georgian Orthodox Monastery of the 6th century near Mtskheta, eastern Georgia, where St. Nino erected the first wooden cross. Its pedestal can still be seen in the center of the church. The beauty of the church and amazing view from its territory is one of the most memorable things in Georgia. It stands on the rocky mountaintop at the confluence of the Mtkvari and Aragvi rivers, overlooking the former town of Georgia – Mtskheta. In 1994 became UNESCO World Heritage Site and is under protection. Monastery lies 107 km from the resort.
Svetitskhoveli Cathedral is a Georgian Orthodox Church (Cross-Domed Church), which is located in the historical town Mtskheta, 98 km from Gudauri ski resort. According to the history, a local Jew Sidona was buried with the Chirst’s robe in her hands. The current cathedral was built in the 11th century. It is the second largest church building in the country and is listed as an UNESCO World Heritage Site along with other historical monuments.
Ananuri – The castle and seat of the Eristavis (Dukes) of Aragvi, a feudal dynasty which ruled the area from the 13th century. The castle was the scene of numerous battles. The fortifications consist of two castles joined by a crenellated curtain wall. Within the complex, amongst other buildings, are two churches - the Church of the Virgin (17th century) and the Church of the Assumption (1689). Castle lies 55 km from Gudauri ski resort and takes about an hour to reach.
Gergeti Trinity Church - The complex of Gergeti Trinity church, beautifully situated on the top of the hill nearby the township of Kazbegi, overlooking the area, is the main chapel of the Khevi region. The bell-tower standing nearby is contemporary with the cross-domed Church of the Mother of God and creates a uniform complex together with it. Its impressive location, set before the stunning backdrop of the snowcapped, 5033m high Mt. Kazbek (Mkinvartsveri), makes it a unique place to experience. This amazing church is only 40 km of distance from the resort and can be easily reached.
Winter activites: Skiing, Snowboarding, Free-riding, Ski Tours, Heliski, Paragliding, Cross-country skiing, Nightskiing, Tubing zone, Mountain Climbing, Helicopter tours. The ski resort is developing very quickly and more lifts are built each year. The slopes range from smoothly groomed and family-friendly to steep couloirs. It's a great value for the price. Fluent English-speaking ski and snowboard instructors are available.
Summer activities: Mountain Biking in a bike park in Gudauri. Paragliding, Rafting, Fishing, Hiking, Camping near Gudauri.
- Climbing is what this place is world-famous for. The nearby Mount Kazbek and the surrounding regions attract a large number of climbers from all over the world year after year. They are here primarily to experience the unforgettable Kazbek (5047 m) or Mkinvartsveri as its known by the locals. Various programs including rock climbing and ice climbing can be tailor made to suit all levels of climbers. Experienced guides such as Gia Apakidze will insure you have the most enjoyable and a safe experience.
- Trekking - A vast selection of trekking routes can be chosen for all levels of hikers from the totally inexperienced to those seeking a real challenge. You will enjoy the unforgettable views of the Caucasus Mountains, mysterious gorges and endless rivers.
- Rafting - The fast flowing mountain rivers in this area are perfect for experiencing white-water rafting at its best. Various degrees of difficulty can be found here and experienced local guides will help you make the most out of your trip.
- Paragliding - year round in Gudauri, Ananuri and Kazbegi. Fly Caucasus Paragliding Company offer extreme offroad trip to highest paragliding takeoff year round. WhatsApp +995568114453
- InVino, New Gudauri Block 2 I floor. edit
Gudauri has different accommodation types: Hotels (including 3-4 star hotels), Apart-hotels, Guesthouses, Hostels, Cottages and Apartment Buildings.
- Studio gudauri Apartments, New gudauri , Gondola ski lift (road to gondola ski lift), ☎ +995595113038, . checkin: 13 pm; checkout: 12 pm. Studio apartments for vacation rentals in Gudauri, located in New gudauri most developed area , very close to gondola ski lift ( 50 metres ) 80 USD. edit
- New gudauri Aparthotel, New Gudauri ( Gondola ski lift ) (Gondola ski lift), ☎ +995595337505, . checkin: 13:00; checkout: 12:00. [email protected] , Vacation rental apartments , accomodates 3-4 person . Located in New gudauri close to Gondola ski lift from 80 USD. edit