Gresham is the fourth largest city within the state of Oregon, with a population just under 100,000. It's the home of an annual Jazz Festival. It is in the metropolitan area of Portland and is generally considered a suburb of that city.
Portland International Airport  is located approximately 13 miles from Gresham. PDX is the largest airport located in the state of Oregon. Portland International Airports provides airline services through many companies:
- Air Canada Jazz
- Alaska Airlines 
- America West Airlines 
- American Airlines
- Big Sky Airlines 
- Continental Airlines 
- Delta Air Lines 
- Frontier Airlines 
- Hawaiian Airlines 
- Horizon Air 
- JetBlue Airways 
- Lufthansa 
- Mexicana 
- Southwest Airlines 
- United and United Express
There is a local light rail train known as MAX . It runs through the center of Gresham and takes you through one of several possible locations. MAX extends its services from Gresham to Portland City Center and then off to Beaverton and finally Hillsboro. There is also a separate MAX line that goes to Portland International Airport and a third line that runs to the Expo Center. This is a great way to get around due to the heavy traffic on local freeways. When you travel From Lloyd Center to PGE park there is no fare. Tri-Met fares are determined by the number of zones you plan on riding through. An all zones ticket will run $1.95. The MAX is a good way to get around and its ride is relatively pleasant.
- Oxbow Park, 3010 SE Oxbow Parkway, ☎ +1 503-663-4708. A great place to have family picnics, barbecues with friends, and swim in the river. There are many activities that take place at Oxbow Park. There are areas within the park that allow people to camp over night.
Mt. Hood Jazz Festival
The Mt. Hood Jazz Festival is an annual jazz festival held each August in Historic Downtown Gresham, Oregon at 200 NE Hood Avenue. The festival is produced by the Gresham/Mt. Hood Jazz Association (GMHJA) which is a non-profit, public benefit corporation whose goal is to "promote the appreciation of jazz as a unique American art form." The Mt. Hood Jazz Festival is the signature production of the Association, which produces other jazz performances and workshops year round.
The first festival was first held in 1982 and has run 26 consecutive years. The festival has featured guests such as: Sonny Rollins, Dave Brubeck, Tito Puente and B. B. King. For a detailed list of musicians who have appeared at the Mt. Hood Jazz Festival since 1982 visit the official Web site at www.mthoodjazz.org.
- Mt. Hood Theater, 401 E. Powell, ☎ +1 503-665-0604, . Known for cheap prices, good movies and a comforting atmosphere. Two movies: $4/3 (Adults/Children & Seniors).
- Gresham Station, . One of the largest shopping areas in town. There are several stores to shop around in. What makes Gresham Station such an easy accessible shopping area is that it is located right next to the MAX light rail line. Gresham Station offers such a wide variety of interest different shoppers.
Restaurants are all over the city, but it is difficult to find restaurants with great food to offer.
- Don Pedros. Must have beakfast burritos! The food tastes great and is inexpensive. The green sauce is delicious!
- Koji Osakaya Japanese Restaurant. Great authentic Japanese Restaurant. If you want a true Japanese cultural experience then Koji Osakaya Japanese restaurant is the place to go!
- La Carreta. Great lunch menu. All you can eat chips and salsa with free dessert to top it off. $6.75 Lunch specials.
- Marie Callender's Restaurant & Bakeries. The most delicious Sunday brunch ever! Come before 11AM, only $9.95! They have good food at a decent price. Its menu can cater to anyone so it truly is a great place for the whole family.
- Old Chicago. The place to go for happy hour! $2.99 appetizers that are exceptionally good. It is a great place to hang out with buddies and have a nice chilled beer. The pizza is delicious but a bit expensive. They have an extensive menu, allowing for almost anyone to find something they will like.
- Orginal Roadhouse Grill. Feeling for a juicy steak? Wanna have some peanuts while you wait? Then this is place for you! Booths are in secluded corners for your comfort. The wait staffs are extremely nice here and cater to your needs. When you're stuffed from your meal and ready to go, you'll have to kick your heels a time or two to get all those peanut shells out of your shoes! Always fun!
- Persimmon Country Club-Grille.
- Sunny Han's Wok and Grill. The food is good, but pricey. Its similar to Panda Express but has the family owned feeling. They have a nice outdoor patio that is well decorated and pleasant to eat in.
- Szechuan Open Kitchen. This restaurant is by far the cleanest Chinese restaurant. The lunch menu is excellent with great prices to match. During lunch, which is 7 days a week from 11am - 3pm, each entree comes with your choice of soup, fresh hot tea, and steamed rice. Dinner menu is just as great as the lunch menu. The entrees are a bit bigger than the lunch entrees, but also more expensive. A must try, 'Sesame Chicken'!
- Teriyaki King. They have a limited menu but the food is good. Their prices are a bit high for what you get. If your in the mood for chicken and rice then it's worth a try.
- Truffelhunter. A bit on the expensive side but you truly get what you pay for at this delicious lunch and dinner eatery. They bake their breads fresh daily and serve some of the largest non-sandwiches you'll ever see. Along with all types of deli sandwiches they have hamburgers and amazing fries. They also serve delicious fresh baked chips with every sandwich.
- Typhoon. Like spicy food? This is the place for you! Typhoon has some of the greatest curries. Typhoon even has a fabulous daily lunch special for all those busy workers. There is an all you can eat buffet with drink included for just $6.95! You just can't go wrong.
- Wall Street Pizza, 201 N Main Ave. Great family style pizza restaurant. The food is good and can fit anyone's budget. Allows for a great night for the whole family with the family fun room containing arcade style games and pool.
- Best Western Pony Soldier Inn-Gresham, 1060 NE Cleveland Avenue, ☎ +1 503 665-1591 (toll free: +1 888 766-9476, fax: +1 503 669-7265), .
- Holiday Inn, 2752 Northeast Hogan Drive, ☎ +1 503 907-1777, .
- Standing Room Only. Different cheap well drinks each night of the week. 2 pool tables, outdoor seating area and they pour good drinks.