Football statue in downtown Green Bay
, a place with a deep and abiding love for its venerable American football franchise.
Green Bay  is a city in Wisconsin well-known as the home town of the Green Bay Packers, an NFL team. It is located on the bay of Green Bay and, surrounded by many other villages, cities, and townships, comprises the northernmost tip of what is known as the Fox River Valley, a forty-mile-long collection of communities surrounding the Fox River. Green Bay is known as one the most vibrant, concentrated and supportive NFL football towns in the United States.
Austin Straubel International Airport  (IATA: GRB) is the Green Bay Area's chief airport. It is located a few miles west of the city itself on Highway 172. It has service to five cities in the Midwest: Chicago-O'Hare (ORD), Cleveland (CLE), Detroit (DTW), Milwaukee (MKE), and Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP).
I-43 goes around the east and northern parts of Green Bay. It leads to Milwaukee approximately 100 miles to the south. U.S. Hwy. 41 also leads to Milwaukee from Green Bay's west side. It travels through Appleton, Oshkosh, and Fond du Lac before reaching suburban Milwaukee. Highway 172 is the main east/west artery that slices through Green Bay over the Fox River, connecting I-43 on the east side and Hwy 41 on the west side.
Hwy. 29 is the route taken to Wausau, approximately 80 miles west, and for travel to the Twin Cities.
Waterfront along the Fox River.
Green Bay has the municipal Green Bay Metro  bus system which offers good coverage of the city. The chief method of transportation in Green Bay is by car. Most attractions and businesses offer plenty of available visitor parking.
- Lambeau Field, . Home stadium of the Green Bay Packers  also features a tour of the stadium and the Green Bay Packer Hall of Fame, featuring exhibits of team history.
- Neville Public Museum, 210 Museum Place, ☎ +1 920-448-4460 ([email protected]), . Su Noon-5PM, M-Tu & F-Sa 9AM-5PM, W-Th 9AM-8PM. $4/2/Free (General/Children 5-15/Children under 5).
- National Railroad Museum  This sprawling museum has dozens of train engines and cars on display outdoors and in hangars, plus a model railroad, a short train ride , and an observation tower. At 2285 South Broadway, Telephone: 1-920-437-7623" Hours and prices vary depending on season.
A model train at the National Railroad Museum.
- Lambeau Field, .
- National Railroad Museum, .
- Bay Beach Amusement Park, 1313 Bay Beach Road, ☎ +1 920-448-3365, . A park featuring carnival rides and a roller coaster along the bay of Green Bay. Rides are 25 or 50 cents with the roller coaster costing $1. Free admission, cost for rides.
- Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary, 1660 East Shore Drive Green Bay, WI 54302, ☎ 920.391.3671, . A park focused on providing the opportunity to learn about and interact with wildlife. Geared toward children. Located next to Bay Beach Amusement Park.
- NEW Zoo, 4378 Reforestation Rd, ☎ 1-920-434-7841, . Green Bay's very own NEW Zoo. Take a walk on the wild side and visit the many animals of the Zoo
- Packers Training Camp. During the late summer before the start of the NFL regular season, the Green Bay Packers practice on outdoor fields across from Lambeau Field (weather permitting). Permanent seating is set up along the practice field behind the Don Hutson training center. free.
- Sassy Girl, . Local women's accessories retailer featuring a beautiful downtown location.
- On Broadway, . Downtown shopping and entertainment district
- Bay Park Square Mall, . The largest mall in the Green Bay area is actually located on Oneida Street in Ashwaubenon. Lots of additional big-box stores and chain restaurants are concentrated in the mall area, and all of it is located just about a mile south of Green Bay's Stadium District.
- The Pancake Place, 143 S Military Ave, ☎ +1 920 499-2221. Lots of pancake options, huge omelets, piles of hash brown skillets, and a full lunch/dinner menu ~$8.
- Kavarna, 112 S. Broadway St., ☎ +1 920 430-3200 ([email protected]), . Coffee house and vegetarian restaurant.
- Stadium View, 1963 Holmgren Way, ☎ +1 920 498-1989 ([email protected]), . As the name suggests, this huge sports bar is in view of Lambeau Field. Features lots of big screen TVs and indoor/outdoor parties before Packer games during the season.
- Title Town Brewing Company, 200 Dousman St., ☎ +1 920 437-2337, . Located along the Fox River in an historic railroad depot that was completed in 1899. Two spacious stories, award winning beer, and an outdoor bar facing the river along the railroad tracks. Also a full-scale restaurant. Home to a 22 foot tall football statue that used to sit in front of the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame.
- Cup O Joy, 232 S Broadway, ☎ +1 920 435-3269 ([email protected]), . Christian coffee house and music venue.
With signs bearing the names of former coaches and players, Packermania runs rampant in the streets of Green Bay
- Best Western Midway Hotel, 780 Armed Forces Drive, ☎ +1 920 499-3161 (fax: +1 920 499-9401), .
- Cambria Suites Austin Straubel Airport, 1011 Tony Canadeo Run, ☎ +1 (920) 569-8500 (fax: +1 (920) 569-8555), .
- Candlewood Suites, 1125 East Mason Street, ☎ +1 920 430-7040, .
- Comfort Inn Lambeau Field, 2841 Ramada Way, ☎ +1 (920) 498-2060 (fax: +1 (920) 498-2060), .
- Fairfield Inn Green Bay Southwest, 2850 South Oneida Street, ☎ +1 920 497-1010 (fax: +1 920 497-3098), .
- Green Bay/Ashwaubenon Microtel Inn & Suites, 3031 Allied Street, ☎ +1 920 338-9000 (fax: +1 920 338-9100), .
- Clarion Hotel, 201 Main St., ☎ +1 920 437-5900, .
- Motel 6, 1614 Shawano Avenue, ☎ +1 920 494-6730 (fax: +1 920 494-0474), .
- Residence Inn Green Bay, 335 W Saint Joseph Street, ☎ +1 920 435-2222 (fax: +1 920 435-4068), .
- Travelodge of Green Bay, 2870 Ramada Way (Hwy 41 7 Oneida Street), ☎ 920 499 3599, . checkin: 3pm; checkout: noon. Perfect hotel for any traveler's budget. Free continental breakfast, fitness room, guest laundry, meeting room, business center.
- Saint Brendan's Inn, 234 South Washington Street Green Bay, WI 54301, ☎ (866) 604-7474, . Offers lodging accommodations, authentic Irish food, Irish drink and Irish music, all in an elegant, yet comfortable, setting.
- Door County to the north offers much scenic sightseeing, with quaint villages, lighthouses, beaches, and several state parks. Sturgeon Bay, the only city in Door County, is an hour's drive north of Green Bay on Highway 57.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!