Revision as of 04:25, 8 January 2010
The Goldfields is a region in Victoria, Australia.
Ballarat to Skipton railtrail
A 46km route for cycling or horseriding from Ballarat to Skipton. A shuttle bus occasionally operates the return route, sponsored by Bicycle Victoria. . Bicycle hire is available in Ballarat.
The trail starts in the outskirts of Ballarat where Ring Rd crosses the railway, close to the Ballarat Botanic Gardens and the western side of Lake Wendouree.
- Lake Wedouree to Haddon (10.3km). Agricultural country. There are toilets and water in Haddon - just exit onto the main street and they are in the reserve on the main street. There are no other supplies available.
- Haddon to Smythesdale (7.3km). General store, pub, toilets and water in Smythesdale.
- Smythesdale to Scarsdale (3.7km). General store, pub, toilets and water in Scarsdale.
- Scarsdale to Linton (12.9). Linton has a general store, milk bar, and petrol station for drinks and supplies. Linton is actually a little bigger than the destination town of Skipton.
- Linton to Pittong (9.8km). There is no town at Pittong. It is just a marker.
- Pittong to Skipton (10.6km). At the end of the trail Skipton has a general store, a pub, toilets and water.