General Santos City or "GenSan" is in the province of South Cotabato in the Philippines. It is a highly urbanized city located at the southern portion of South Cotabato. It is known as "The Tuna Capital of the Philippines". General Santos is also home to a lot of media practitioners and media companies.
Cebuano and Ilonggo are the main dialect spoken in the city. Filipino based on Tagalog is spoken as the National Language. English is also widely used.
Average temperature in the city is 28 degrees Celcius with a maximum of 36 degrees celcius. There are only two seasons. Wet season starts on June to October. The Dry season starts on November to May. The city is outside the typhoon belt.
Religion and Culture
People from GenSan are mostly Roman Catholics. There are also a large number of Protestants and Muslims in the city.
Every February, the city celebrates the Kalilangan Festival. And every September as also the celebration of the city chartered anniversary the Gensan Tuna Festival.
General Santos is served by the General Santos International Airport, the second largest airport in the country. It has daily flights to/from Manila and Cebu.
- Philippine Airlines  - flag carrier
- Cebu Pacific  - 2nd flag carrier - budget airline
- Air Philippines  - budget airline
- PAL Express  - budget airline (PAL subsidiary)
GenSan Seaport has frequent boat trips to and from Manila, Cebu and iloilo
- Super Ferry 
- Negros Navigation 
- Sulpicio Lines 
Jeepneys, Multi Cab and the Tricycle are the main mode of transportation within the city. White, air-con taxis with meters installed are also available.
- Majestic Mt. Matutum located north of the city.
- Wonderful and Fascinating Kalaja Karst.
- Diving at south divers point
- Beach at Gumasa 120 minutes away from General Santos
- Golf at Sarangani Golf Club (Sarangani Province) or Kalasangi Golf Club (Polomolok)
- Bee Stop Restaurant (Bee), Santiago Boulevard GSC (In front of Gillamacs Building). A place where the best garlic, buttered and fried chicken can be found. Come and enjoy eating at BEE......
- Sarangani Highlands, Tambler, General Santos City.
- Fagioli, Petron Gasoline Station, Jose Catolico Ave., Lagao, General Santos City. if you just want to relax & have coffee. ideal time to visit will be during mid-afternoons when it isn't crowded. nice ambiance. you can bring along your laptop as the whole place is WI-FI enabled. they serve delicious "food for the gods."
- Chicken Hauz, South Osmeña, General Santos City. very casual atmosphere but if you try out their famous "garlic chicken", you will crave for more...
- Mang Gorio's Bahay Kainan, National Highway, General Santos City.
- Paseo del Sol, National Highway, General Santos City.
- Ranchero, National Highway, General Santos City.
- La Veranda, National Highway, General Santos City.
- Grab-A-Crab, Laurel East Ave., General Santos City.
- Orange Bistro, Jose Catolico Ave., Lagao, General Santos City.
- Casa Goatan, Bulaong Subdivision, General Santos City, ☎ 5524199.
- bee stop chicken house (bee), santiago boulevard (general santos city). Bee Stop is serving a delicious garlic chicken in town. also available: buttered and fried chicken. Come and enjoy eating at BEE STOP restaurant
- Goldenstate College Cafeteria, Bakeshoppe and Catering Service, Pioneer ave corner Acharon boulevard general santos city, ☎ 554 5545. food center,bakery,bakeshoppe,and catering service
- Rolands Steak House, Jose Catolico Ave. Lagao. Rolands serve the very best steak in the whole of GenSan city. Well worth a visit. Casual atmosphere but the service is good.
- Nelsons Market, General Santos City. Good Seafood and tuna
- Janna's Inasal de Cebu, National Highway, General Santos City. The best tasting lechon in town
- East Asia Royale Hotel, National Highway, General Santos City, . checkin: 9/21/009; checkout: 9/28/009.
- Family Country Hotel, DBP Compound, General Santos City.
- Sydney Hotel, Pendatun Ave., General Santos City, aldrin.
- Phela Grande Hotel, Pres. Quezon Ave., General Santos City.
- Miriam's Pension, General Santos City.
- Anchor Hotel.