| || |
and Ilonggo are the main dialect spoken in the city. Filipino based on Tagalog is spoken as the National Language. English is also widely used. |+|
Cebuano the main spoken in the . Filipino based on Tagalog is spoken as the National Language. English is also widely used.
| || |
Revision as of 01:10, 3 January 2011
General Santos City or "GenSan" is in the province of South Cotabato in the Philippines. It is a highly urbanized city located at the southern portion of South Cotabato. It is known as "The Tuna Capital of the Philippines". General Santos is also home to a lot of media practitioners and media companies.
Average temperature in the city is 28 degrees Celcius with a maximum of 36 degrees celcius. There are only two seasons. Wet season starts on June to October. The Dry season starts on November to May. The city is outside the typhoon belt.
People from GenSan are mostly Roman Catholics. There are also a large number of Protestants and Muslims in the city. Every February, the city celebrates the Kalilangan Festival. And every September as also the celebration of the city chartered anniversary the Gensan Tuna Festival.
Cebuano is the main language spoken in Genral Santos City and the surrounding communities. Filipino based on Tagalog is spoken as the National Language. English is also widely used.
General Santos is served by the General Santos International Airport, the second largest airport in the country. It has daily flights to/from Manila and Cebu.
- Philippine Airlines  - flag carrier
- Cebu Pacific  - 2nd flag carrier - budget airline
- Air Philippines  - budget airline
- PAL Express  - budget airline (PAL subsidiary)
GenSan Seaport has frequent boat trips to and from Manila, Cebu and iloilo
Jeepneys, Multi Cab and the Tricycle are the main mode of transportation within the city. White, air-con taxis with meters installed are also available.
- Majestic Mt. Matutum located north of the city.
- Wonderful and Fascinating Kalaja Karst.
- Diving at south divers point
- Beach at Gumasa 120 minutes away from General Santos
- Golf at Sarangani Golf Club (Sarangani Province) or Kalasangi Golf Club (Polomolok)
- Bee Stop Restaurant (Bee), Santiago Boulevard GSC (In front of Gillamacs Building). A place where the best garlic, buttered and fried chicken can be found. Come and enjoy eating at BEE......
- Sarangani Highlands, Tambler, General Santos City.
- Fagioli, Petron Gasoline Station, Jose Catolico Ave., Lagao, General Santos City. if you just want to relax & have coffee. ideal time to visit will be during mid-afternoons when it isn't crowded. nice ambiance. you can bring along your laptop as the whole place is WI-FI enabled. they serve delicious "food for the gods."
- Chicken Hauz, South Osmeña, General Santos City. very casual atmosphere but if you try out their famous "garlic chicken", you will crave for more...
- Mang Gorio's Bahay Kainan, National Highway, General Santos City.
- Paseo del Sol, National Highway, General Santos City.
- Ranchero, National Highway, General Santos City.
- La Veranda, National Highway, General Santos City.
- Grab-A-Crab, Laurel East Ave., General Santos City.
- Orange Bistro, Jose Catolico Ave., Lagao, General Santos City.
- Casa Goatan, Bulaong Subdivision, General Santos City, ☎ 5524199.
- Tatay Pepe's Restobar, along Laurel East Street ((in front of Bayantel Office)), ☎ 3022555, . Taste our specialties like Nilagpang,Gulami and our Sizzlers! We do chicken best too- fried or buttered- crispy on the outside and soft and juicy on the inside, truly a mouth-watering delight!
cafe eduardo, magsaysay ave. cor. atis st., ☎ 0835524925. savor the taste of italian coffee while relaxing and being serenated
- bee stop chicken house (bee), santiago boulevard (general santos city). Bee Stop is serving a delicious garlic chicken in town. also available: buttered and fried chicken. Come and enjoy eating at BEE STOP restaurant
- Goldenstate College Cafeteria, Bakeshoppe and Catering Service, Pioneer ave corner Acharon boulevard general santos city, ☎ 554 5545. food center,bakery,bakeshoppe,and catering service
- Rolands Steak House, Jose Catolico Ave. Lagao. Rolands serve the very best steak in the whole of GenSan city. Well worth a visit. Casual atmosphere but the service is good.
- Nelsons Market, General Santos City. Good Seafood and tuna
- Janna's Inasal de Cebu, National Highway, General Santos City. The best tasting lechon in town
- Tatay Pepe's Restobar, along Laurel East Street (in front of Bayantel Office), ☎ 3022555, . 7pm-1am. Enjoy live entertainment NIGHTLY, rain or shine- beginning 9:30pm to 1:00am with acoustic modern, alternative and contemporary music and a little bit of love songs. Listen to our highly-acclaimed music selection in between jamming sets…
- Marasa Grill, #41 Kadulasan St., General Santos City (near Lea's Pension), ☎ (083)552-4628. 7AM-3PM. Marasa Grill serves lutong bahay and grilled meat and seafoods. It also accepts catering for all occassions. It is open for breakfast and lunch. Group rates for a complete meal ranges from P315-1025.00 for 4-6 persons. Php49-120.
- Blugre Coffee, JMP Bldg, S. Osmena Street (2 blocks East of Municipal Hall), . 8:30 am - 12:00 am. Easily the best coffee in Gensan. The atmosphere is very comfortable with jazz music. Good desserts and light meals to go with espresso coffees, teas, iced-blended drinks, and excellent fresh-squeezed lemonade.
- Big Ben's, Robinson's Mall. Known for delicious steak, there are also many local options of good Filipino food. A very nice atmosphere with warm service.
- East Asia Royale Hotel, National Highway, General Santos City, . checkin: 9/21/009; checkout: 9/28/009.
- Family Country Hotel, DBP Compound, General Santos City.
- Sydney Hotel, Pendatun Ave., General Santos City, aldrin.
- Phela Grande Hotel, Pres. Quezon Ave., General Santos City.
- Miriam's Pension, General Santos City.
- Anchor Hotel.
- Cassado Bar, East Asia Royale Hotel Compound, National Highway, GSC.