Gary  is a city in Indiana.
Gary, Indiana is both famous and infamous. It's the "just one place that can light my face" and "home sweet home" effusively described in the song of the same name from the 1957 musical The Music Man. It's also home to an unattractive and often industrial-smelling stretch of highway east of Chicago, and has repeatedly ranked first in the nation among large cities, for homicides per capita.
- Gary/Chicago International Airport is located at the northwest corner of Gary and is currently served by a single airline, SkyValue USA, operating as a scheduled charter.
- Chicago/South Shore line has two stops in Gary
- The nearest Amtrak stations are both 10 miles away in Dyer, IN and Hammond, IN
- Majestic Star Casino, 1 Buffington Harbor Drive, ☎ +1-(219)-977-7932 (fax: +1-(219)-977-7811), .
- Gary Steelheads, One Genesis Center Plaza (Genesis Convention Center), ☎ +1-(219)-883-3000 ([email protected], fax: +1-(219)-883-3543), . Minor league basketball team. Tickets: $5 - 50.
- Gary SouthShore RailCats. Northern league (minor league) baseball team.