Garden City (Utah)Wasatch Front : Garden City (Utah)
Garden City is the largest town in Rich County with a population of just over 500. It sits on the shore of Bear Lake.
Drive north on I-15 from Salt Lake City. Take exit 362 (Brigham City), and follow US 89/91 to Logan. Continue on US 89 to Garden City. It is about 2 and half hours away from Salt Lake City. This route is the Logan Canyon Scenic Byway.
A car will be needed to get around most of the time. There are bike rentals and many miles of trails.
- Bear Lake State Park (Utah), . Garden City sits on the shore of Bear Lake. There are numerous docks and beaches all along the lake. The closest to Garden City is Cisco's Landing. edit
- Raspberry Days Festival, . The Raspberry Days Festival is held to celebrate the harvest of the Bear Lake Raspberries. The Raspberry harvest usually starts around the 3rd week of July and lasts 3-4 weeks. The Raspberry Days Festival is an annual event, which begins two days prior to the first Saturday in August. The festival is 3 days with the Little Miss Berry Pageant, the craft fair with continuous entertainment, the Parade on the Boulevard, the Rodeo and 5K run in Laketown, the Pancake Breakfast at the Garden City Park, and ending with the fireworks on the Beach. edit
- Outdoor Heritage Days Festical, . The Bear Lake Outdoor Heritage Days is held the weekend following Labor Day. The Valley comes together to celebrate the Heritage of the valley. Come dressed in period costume and experience the fun of yesteryear. Displays from various vendors, which depict the heritage of the valley with a western theme, give visitors the opportunity to learn and buy artifacts. edit
- Go Karts, US-89 and 300W. Small outdoor Go Kart track. edit
- KOA camp grounds
- State Park camp grounds
The area code is 435
- Camping, caving, hiking, ATV, horse back riding, hunting and fishing can all be down in forest surrounding Bear Lake.
- Minnetonka Cave
- Paris Ice Cave
- National Wildlife Refuge
- Oregon Trail Markers
- Idaho Historical Museum in Paris, Idaho
- Rails and Trails in Montpelier, Idaho
- Bear Lake State Park (Idaho)
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|