Frontier Country  is a region in central Oklahoma that consists of the 12 central counties of Oklahoma. It includes Canadian, Cleveland, Grady, Hughes, Lincoln, Logan, McClain, Okfuskee, Oklahoma, Payne, Pottawatomie, and Seminole counties.
The central region got its name from the pioneering spirit of its settlers and the enduring resilience of its natives. From boomtowns, land runs, Western and Native American history, Frontier Country encompasses the grandeur of Oklahoma and the Old West.
Today Frontier Country is the hub of Route 66 sights, Chisholm Trail crossings, Western to contemporary art, agritourism activities, and family-friendly events and attractions.
Request a free, 52-page, color travel guide from the nonprofit multi-county organization at oktourism.com 
Oklahoma City/Adventure District - Home to seven outstanding attractions in one location.
Oklahoma City/Bricktown - Oklahoma City's entertainment district and neighborhood.
- Edward L. Gaylord - Boone Pickens Oklahoma Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City
- Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art in Norman
- Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History in Norman
- Jasmine Moran Children's Museum in Seminole
- Mabee-Gerrer Museum of Art in Shawnee
- National Four-String Banjo Hall of Fame Museum in Guthrie
- Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma (professional theatre company,), 1727 NW 16th St Oklahoma City, OK, ☎ (405) 524-9312, .
- Cox Convention Center, 1 Myriad Gardens Oklahoma City, OK 73109, ☎ (405) 602-8500 ([email protected]), .
- Ford Center, 100 W Reno Oklahoma City, OK 73102, ☎ (405) 602-8500, .
- Lazy E Arena (cowboy and Western events), 9600 Lazy E Dr Guthrie, OK 73044, ☎ (405) 282-3004, .
- Oklahoma Opry (traditional country and gospel shows.), 404 W Commerce Oklahoma City, OK 73109, ☎ (405) 632-8322 ([email protected]), .
- Red Earth Native American Cultural Festival (Jun 6, 2008-Jun 8, 2008), Cox Convention Center, Oklahoma City, ☎ (405)427-5228.
- Frontier City (Amusement Park), (I-35 between NE 122nd and Hefner Road Oklahoma City, OK 73131), ☎ (405) 478-2140 ([email protected]), .
- Oklahoma City Zoo and Botanical Garden, 2101 NE 50th St Oklahoma City, OK 73111 (Located in Oklahoma City's Adventure District), ☎ (405)424-3344 ([email protected]), .
- Remington Park Racing Casino, 1 Remington Pl Oklahoma City, OK 73111 (Located in Oklahoma City's Adventure District), ☎ (405) 424-1000, .
- Water Taxi of Oklahoma, 111 Mickey Mantle Dr Oklahoma City, OK 73104, ☎ (405) 234-8294 ([email protected]), .
- White Water Bay (Water Park), 3908 W Reno Oklahoma City, OK 73107, ☎ (405) 943-9687 ([email protected]), . Summer months only.
Frontier Country Wineries
There are several wineries offering tours and tastings:
- Stableridge Vineyards and Winery in Stroud
- Canadian River Winery, Canadian River Winery Slaughterville, OK, ☎ (405) 872-5565 ([email protected]), .