Frederikshavn   is a city in North Jutland, Denmark. And has a population of 62,741 inhabitants (2006) in the municipality.
Passengers traveling from other parts of Denmark can reach Frederikshavn by train, bus or airplane. The journey time by train or bus from Aalborg, the nearest large town to the south, is approx. between 1 hr 10 mins - 1 hr 45 mins. (40 minutes in car). From Aalborg Airport to Frederikshavn station is the journey time aprox. 1.5 hour by bus.
The train station is located not far from the town center and this connects you to pretty much all of Denmark.
Frederikshavn is on the Hjørring, Aalborg, Aarhus, Odense, Roskilde, Copenhagen, Line. It takes approximately 5 hours 50 minnuts to reach Copenhagen.
Frederikshavn can be reached by ferry from Norway (Oslo) and Sweden (Gothenburg) and connects Læsø Island to Jutland.
Stena Line  operates the route Gothenburg - Frederikshavn which takes 2 hours with Stena Line Express and 3 hours 15 min. with Stena Danica/Jutlandica and the route Oslo - Frederikshavn which takes 12 hours.
Læsø Line operates the route Læsø - Frederikshavn which takes 90 min. 
- Cloos Tower, Brønderslevvej 61 (6 km southwest of Frederikshavn Station, bus 210 or 225 to Vinkestrækning 15 minutes away), ☎ +45 9848 6069 ([email protected], fax: +45 9842 0020), . May, Jun, Aug 10AM-5PM; Jul M-F 10AM-5PM, Sa-Su 10AM-6PM. Observation tower of 60 meter at 160 meter above sea level. This is the most famous landmark of town. The top is reached by stairs or elevator and gives a fantastic view of the surrounding landscape. The tower was built in 1962 at the initiative of Christian Cloos. It has a small shop with snacks and souvenirs. You can sit down in the tower or outside for a picnic. 20 Kr, children 5 Kr.
- Fiskerklyngen, Strandgade. This is a cluster of fishermen's cottages in oldest part of Frederikshavn origianlly from the 16th century, but the houses you can see now are from the 18th century.
- Gunpowder Tower (Krudttårnet), Kragholmen 2 (by the harbour), ☎ +45 9843 1919, 9842 3111 ([email protected], fax: +45 9843 0597), . Jul-Aug Tu-Su 10AM-5PM. Martello tower built in 1686-1690. The top floor (cannon deck) houses a range of artillery. The lower floors have exhibitions of the history of Fladstrand and the harbour. Citadel Fladstr. was used as a base by the Danish Navy during the Great Northern War (1709-20) and the war against GB (1807-14). 40 Kr.
Hirsholmene islands are just outside Frederikshavn
- Danhostel Frederikshavn Vandrerhjem, Buhlsvej 6, ☎ +45 9842 1475 ([email protected], fax: +45 9842 6522), . Offers 14 rooms with en suite bathroom, 10 rooms with bath in the corridor. Cafeteria, lounge, garden, guest kitchen. Breakfast buffet. Close to the beach. Feb-Nov 85-550 Kr.
- Frederikshavn Sømandshjem & Hotel, Tordenskjoldsgade 15B, ☎ +45 9842 0977 ([email protected], fax: +45 9843 1899), . Offers 53 rooms with shower/toilet/hairdryer/phone/cable TV. Restaurant, meeting rooms, Internet café, wireless Internet access in all rooms, elevator, free parking. TV/living room with poolbillard and dart. The reception desk is open 24 hours.. 2 Jan-22 Dec. 515-1,275 Kr.
- Hotel Lisboa, Søndergade 248 (close to the motorway E45 in the southern part of town), ☎ +45 9842 2133 ([email protected], fax: +45 9843 8011), . Three star hotel. 32 double rooms which are equipped with private bathroom, telephone, radio and a colour TV with access to satellite channels. Family restaurant, large garden and carpark.. 2 Jan-23 Dec. From 675 Kr.
- Hotel Mariehønen - Sussi & Leo, Skolegade 2, ☎ +45 9842 0122 ([email protected], fax: +45 9843 4099), . Offers 30 rooms where 22 have own shower, toilet and TV. Private parking. All rooms renovated in January 2007.. 10 Jan-20 Dec. From 590 Kr..
- Hotel 1987, Havnegade 8E, Damsgaards Plads (near harbour), ☎ +45 9843 1987 ([email protected], fax: +45 9843 1942), . Offers 28 rooms where all rooms have bath, TV and minibar. Tel., family rooms, parking. Close to supermarket. Small but cosy hotel. 460-600 Kr.
- Hotel Herman Bang, Tordenskjoldsgade 3, ☎ +45 9842 2166 ([email protected], fax: +45 9842 2107), . Offers 60 rooms with/without shower. Various rooms available – from business to family rooms suites and apartments. Car park. Colour TV. American restaurant. Walking distance of Frederikshavns train station and the harbour, located at the very center of Frederikshavn. Also has spa & wellness. 2 Jan, 22 Dec. 395-1,795 Kr..
- Park Hotel Frederikshavn, Jernbanegade 7, ☎ +45 9842 2255 (fax: +45 9620 1798), . Offers 19 rooms with all comforts. Wireless Internet. Parking. Restaurant/library bar/patio. 11 Jan-19 Dec. 300-2,200 Kr.
- Scandic Stena Line Frederikshavn, Tordenskjoldsgade 14 (opposite the port, entrance via Toldbodvej), ☎ +45 9843 3233 ([email protected], fax: +45 9843 3311), . Offers 213 rooms, including 12 superior rooms and two top-suites. Rooms with writing desk and telephone, TV with in house movies, ironing board, minibar and free internet in several rooms. 111 family rooms for two adults and two children. 20 meeting and breakout rooms. Sub-tropical water park, fitness room, sauna, table tennis, restaurant, brasserie and nightclub. Free public car park. From 300 Kr
- Frederikshavn Library, Parallelvej 16, ☎ +45 9622 5650 ([email protected]), . M-F 10AM-6PM, Sa 10AM-1PM. The library offer free internet access for one hour at a time.
|Routes through Frederikshavn