Vlissingen is a port town in Zeeland. It is sometimes referred to in English as Flushing. It is the second large town of Zeeland, and has 34.000 inhabitants.
The town is industrial in character and is connected by a large canal to Middelburg and onwards to the Veerse Meer inland lake. Vlissingen is wellknown because of his 2,6 km long Boulevard.
Vlissingen has two railway stations and is the end on the line Roosendaal- Vlissingen. There arrives a train every half hour. Vlissingen is the end of the motorway A58 (Eindhoven- Vlissingen)
- By bicycle. The area is well served by cycle lanes and cycle paths. You can easily cycle along the shipping canal to Middelburg which is only a few km away. You can also cross the Westerschelde, and cycle to Terneuzen, Gent or Brugge. You can also take the bus.
- Middelburg the capital city of Zeeland.
- Goes on tuesday there's a market
- The largest Supermarket of Zeeland, Albert Heijn XL
- A Bolus, that's a bread originally from Zeeland
- Popeye, . Café Popeye has live music every Wednesday and a second bar in the basement where they play a lot of club music. The student association throws a party every Thursday and the bar is crowded during the whole weekend. The basement bar opens on Thursdays and Saturdays since the upper level of the bar gets so crowded on those days that more space is needed.