Fish Camp is in Mariposa County in the Sierra Nevada region of California near Yosemite.
The only access to Fish Camp is via SR41.
- Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad, 56001 Hwy 41, ☎ +1 559 683-7273, . A 4-mile railroad excursion on vintage logging railroad lines on former logging steam locomotives. Steam Train: Adults - $17.50, Children (3-12) - $8.75, under 3 - free. Jenny Railcar: Adults - $13.50, Children (3-12) - $6.75, under 3 free.
I HAVE RIDDEN THE TRAIN AND PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW THAT THE TRAIN HAS SEATS MADE OF LOGS WHICH HAVE A SECTION TAKEN OUT OF THEM TO MAKE SEATS ON CARS FOR THE PASSENGERS. IT LOOKS VERY QUAINT AND FUN RIGHT UP TO THE POINT WHEN THE TRAIN RIDE STARTS. AT THAT POINT ALL THE BLACK WINGED ANTS WHO LIVE INSIDE OF THE LOGS COME OUT AND GET EXCITED AND START CRAWLING EVERYWHERE INCLUDING ALL OVER THE PASSENGERS. IT IS CREEPY AND SINCE THE TRAIN IS MOVING, THERE IS NO ESCAPING THEM. ALL THE PASSENGERS CAN DO IS STAND UP AND TRY TO HOLD ON TO RAILS AND STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THE SEATS AND NASTY LITTLE BUGS AS THEY CAN AND SUFFER TILL THE END OF THE RIDE. BE WARNED.
- Apple Tree Inn, 1110 Highway 41, ☎ Toll free: +1 888 683-5111 ([email protected], fax: +1 559 642-6280), .
- Narrow Gauge Inn, 48571 Highway 41, ☎ +1 559 683-7720 (fax: +1 559 683-2139), .
- Owls Nest Lodging, (In Fish Camp, the last lodging on the left, just before entering the park), ☎ +1 559 683-3484 ([email protected], fax: +1 559 683-3486), .
- Sugar Pine Cabins, Hwy. 41, ☎ +1 559 642-6975 ([email protected]), . Only 1-1/2 miles to Yosemite's South Gate. Affordable cabin lodging with cooking facilities for families, small or large. $150-350.
- Tenaya Lodge, 1122 Highway 41, ☎ +1 559 683-6555, .
- White Chief Mountain Lodge, 7776 White Chief Mountain Rd, ☎ +1 559 683-5444, .