Lycian rock tombs on the cliffs above the town
Fethiye is in Western Lycia on the coast of Mediterranean.
Fethiye is a tourist town with an international atmosphere. It has an excellent marina and good night life. The town also serves as an excellent base for touring the inland country-side, and is probably the only city in the world where you'll find sarcophagus in the streets. These pre-Roman Lycian relics are especially spectacular when floodlit at night. The town has a population of around 50,000 but the population increases dramatically during the high season, from April to end of October, when off-shore residents spend their summers at their second homes.
Fethiye has direct connections to many cities in the country including Marmaris, Bodrum, Antalya, Izmir, and Istanbul (which costs 60 TL pp and takes around 14 hours) among others.
A boat entering Fethiye's harbour.
Private cruise companies operate non-scheduled services to Marmaris and along the peninsula to Antalya.
Day trips on wooden sailboats, called "gulets" include lunch and stops at different places. Prices and quality of food vary so shop around.
"Before Lunch Cruises" provides excellent food on board its three day cruises. Do remember to bring your own towel, soap and shampoo. Bedding doesn't seem "fresh" but looks clean. Boat is very clean. Most people sleep on deck in the summer.
Insert non-formatted text here<math>Insert formula here</math>Media:Example.ogglink titlelink titleMy Blue Cruise, an independent gulet charter company providing a unique cruising experience. Located in Fethiye, where the slopes of the Mendos mountains meet the Mediterranean shores of the gulf of Fethiye, My Blue Cruise is a flexible and intimate experience along one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world. Imagine a beautiful hand crafted wooden yatch sailing the secluded bays and coves of the famous turquoise coast.
This unforgetable cruise encompasses great food, stunning scenery, swimming and snorkelling in crystal clear secluded bays away from the daily boats and crowds of tourists. The cruise can include paragliding, diving or water sports. The hardest part will be to choose which activity to indulge in next.
Our captain has ten years local sailing experience, taking you on a friendly and informative private tour of this coast with first hand knowledge. He will show you parts of Turkey as you’ve never seen them before.
Our boat is a 21 metre, six cabin traditional wooden gulet. All cabins are ensuite and either double or twin.
We provide 2 charter options for you to choose from;
- A private charter with a group of friends or family
- Or a shared cruise charter with the opportunity to meet fellow adventurers from around the world
Whichever cruise option you book with My Blue Cruise, you are guaranteed the experience will relax , refresh and delight.
The nearest airports served by international airlines are at Antalya or Dalaman. Antalya is about three hours driving and Dalaman about one hour from Fethiye.
- The cave tombs - located in the cliff on the south side of town
- The Lycian sarcophagus
- Beach activities - swimming, lounging, parasailing, paragliding, canoes etc. The Dead Sea/Blue Lagoon "Ölüdeniz" region has pretty warm water temperatures during summer season.
- Hiking - Fethiye marks the beginning of the Lycian Way - a 500 km marked hiking trail running to Antalya.
- Tuesday Farmers' Market
- Yacht charter in the Aegean Sea
- Windward Islands , one of the worlds largest yacht charter companies, can take care of all charter requirements, from bareboat to luxury yacht in the Aegean Sea. Operating from 9 offices worldwide (USA, Spain, UK, Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Switzerland, Caribbean, Honk Kong and Dubai).
- Paragliding Fethiye is one of the most popular places around Europe to try this extreme sport. The activity starts from Babadağ, a mountain around 1900 mt high, and ends on the beach after a nice trip above Oludeniz. There are many schools and training centers which can provide training even for fresh beginners, or you are free to enjoy tandem flights which include the pilot and a passenger. The following link belongs to a very professional school. 
Be informed before you buy a "Turkish" carpet. Do your homework before leaving home. Beware that the supply of Turkish carpets is getting low and Chinese copies are being sold. Also, real antiques are not allowed to leave the country.
Pasa Kebap has great meat and vegetarian options at good prices. Upstairs has cushion/floor seating but there is also lots of inside and outside table seating.
The fish market in the middle of town is surrounded by small restaurants that will cook your own fish to your liking, very reasonable and delicious.
Best drink is ayran .. a yogurt drink that is very refreshing! Wines are OK but certainly not to North American standards in general.
|| This article or section does not match our manual of style or needs other editing. Please plunge forward, give it your attention and help it improve! Suggested fixes: None specified. Please use the article's talk page to ask questions if you are not sure why this tag was added and whether it is safe to remove it.
- Hillside Beach Club, Kalemya Koyu PK: 123, ☎ +90 252 614 83 60, . www.hillsidebeachclub.com 
Hillside Beach Club, the resort at Fethiye on the Mediterranean coast, with 330 rooms and 781 bed capacities, is well-known for innovative attitudes in the tourism sector. It is a worldwide, first class resort, which realizes the “nature and fun in style” concept. It is a unique holiday club set on a private bay designed amid pine trees respecting nature and environment, where one may find not only a peaceful atmosphere, clear blue crystal water and the “sunny side of life”, but also a unique combination of warmth, enthusiasm and hospitality. One can live and meet as an individual in a harmonious multi-national, beautiful, clean, safe and healthy atmosphere with attention to detail. In Hillside Beach Club one can find whole hearted hosts and staff responsible and responsive to one’s needs and whims. Besides the festival of delicious top quality food and beverage all day long, Hillside Beach Club offers the guests innovative opportunities for a different vacation experience to enrich him/herself and to learn something new. At Hillside Beach Club, the objective is to provide the guests with the freedom to choose from a palette of top-quality activities or passivates according to guest’s age and mood. The guests have the chance to have a lazy or crazy day according to their preferences. They can experience a variety of superior rituals by experienced therapists to attain wellness, beauty and health in relaxed and peaceful settings of Sanda Spa and Sanda Nature Spa or they can enjoy the stylish ambiance with amazing entertainment. At the same time the Club does not forget the guests who are addicted to sports as a life-style and provides them a great variety of activities such as tennis, fitness, aerobic, step, stretching, basketball, beach-volley, archery and all water sports including the most favourite ones like wakeboard and scuba-diving. Hillside Beach Club hosts approximately 25.000 guests from all over the world from April until late October. Its name has been associated with realizing the first classical music concert of a symphony orchestra at a resort and organizing the “only” international water ski cup in Turkey. The comprehensive and extensive feedback systems enable all guest wishes and complaints to reach the management almost immediately, fulfilling even the smallest whims of the guests. Hillside Beach Club is one of the rare enterprises with pro-active attitude towards guest satisfaction. Because of all these implementations, the customer satisfaction data of the club are on very high levels. Hillside Beach Club is called “the paradise on earth” by most of the guests. The national and international awards that Hillside Beach Club receives demonstrates the club’s care in details, the excellence in service quality, the unique and innovative approach and the guest focused policy.
Yildirim Guest House
Is steps from the Fethiye Marina and town centre. Just 15YTL per night, for dorm and 25 ytl per person double or triple rooms, this includes breakfast, basic rooms with showers, w.c., television, and Internet. Hot water doesn't always work so check it out. Friendly and helpful staff. Air conditioning and laundry services are available for small additional charges. Smoking permitted outside.
- The Blue Lagoon - a famous beach area located in Ölüdeniz, about 30 minutes by dolmus.
- Saklikent Gorge - a stunning geological site located on the Tekke Peninsula (between Fethiye and Antalya) - a great place for a leisurely hike. If you want to explore the gorge a bit further upstream, be prepared for some clambering and getting wet!
- Lycian ruins -located on outer islands - boat from Oludeniz.
- Kayakoy Village - a hiking destination, these are the ruins of a Greek settlement abandoned in 1923 when the governments of Turkey and Greece mandated population swaps. Features some well-preserved structures, including a church.
- Butterfly Valley and Kabak - two isolated canyons bordering the seashore to the south. They both feature waterfalls.