Faisalabad is the third largest city of Pakistan.
While Faisalabad airport is capable of handling international flights, international flights are available for Faisalabad from :
It is used occasionally:
Faisalabad is connected with Islamabad (the national capital), Lahore (the provincial capital) and other big cities by motorway. You can catch easily a comfortable bus from these cities for Faisalabad, namely, Daewoo Express, Ravi Express, Kohistan etc.
Faisalabad is connected with all the big cities of the country by rail. The most comfortable and affordable train connects Faisalabad with Lahore and Karachi.
While in the city, you can hire a local cab or an auto rickshaw. There is a franchised bus service called "METRO"; it is also operated within the city.
- Manchester of Pakistan - Faisalabad, formerly named Lyallpur, is the hub of textile production in Pakistan. It is also known as the "Manchester of Pakistan".
- Ghenta Ghar (clock tower) - this is the main market of Faisalabad and it is also the oldest area of the city. Here you can also find the remains of buildings which mainly belonged to the British Raj before Pakistan came into being. Interestingly, this market has eight bazaars (markets) which together form a "Union Jack" (British flag), being a part of the construction work under the British Raj.
- GETWALA Park - is a small park situated just at the corner of Faisalabad.
- D ground - is the second most important market after Ghenta Gghar. This is also the busiest area in the evening. Here local people usually come out in the evening just for the outing. You will also find a lot of restaurants here.
- Happy Land Water Park - is a beautiful park built up on international level. It is a complete entertainment centre for families. It has the biggest water slides in Pakistan. It is also equipped with amazing swings for both children and adults.
- Rex City - is a a big computer market. Here you can find a computer sales and service shop easily, as well as CD and mobile shops and computer software and hardware experts.
- Internet Services - well known companies such as "Cyber net", Wolnet", "dancom", "Nexlinx" and "Satcom" provide high speed Internet services.
- Jinnah Garden - is also a beautiful park in the city commonly known as "company Baagh". The tomb of H.E SIR CHARLES JAMES LYALL, is situated here. He was the founder of this city and the city was first named LYALL PUR in honor of him.
- Am Tex Waterfall - is located at Am Tex Squire, Abdullah Pur. It is the biggest artificial waterfall in Asia.
- Canal Park - is located at the west bank of Rakh Branch Canal. It is also a good outing place for families.
- Business - Faisalabad is basically an industrial and agricultural city. It shares 25% of the total exports of Pakistan. It is the second largest business city in Pakistan and it is a golden region for investment. Textiles generate the best business in this city.
- Clothing - Faisalabad is famous for its cloth and cloth related items throughout the world. It is the best market to buy home furnishings (bedsheets, curtains, towels etc.), personal clothing, and hosiery wear.
- An exclusive shop for clothes is Chen One, situated near D Ground.
- Cars - there are so many show rooms of cars in Faisalabad. In fact, Faisalabad has a large number of cars on the roads. One of the most famous show room of cars in Faisalabad is "Car Range".
- Towels - you may know of Tayyab towel, a popular and reliable manufacturer and exporter of towel products.It is situated at Jhang Road.
- Samosa - the samosas of Faisalabad are the best in Pakistan. A chock is dedicated to them, named Samosa chock. These samosas are different from any others because here you can get the chatani variety. The very famous name CHACHA SAMOSAY WALA is also in the D - Ground Market.
- Dahi Bhale - these are also delicious. The best Dahi Bhale is being prepared by a Thele Wala at Jinnah Coloney, near Chatri Wala Ground.
- GOL GAPPE - these are really tasty. They are basically made with flour into a ball shape, and they are filled with black grams, onions, potatoes and other supplements. The most famous is a person who sells gole gappe on tehla in the start of the AminPur bazaar. A sour drink called "KHATTA" is served with them.
- Biryani & Pulao - Biryani & pulao (special cooked rice) are also very popular. Jehangir's Murgh Pulao is most popular in the country. It was first started by Mr. Jehangir about 60 years ago.
- English and Continental Foods - are also easily available in Faisalabad. You can access Mcdonald's, KFC, Samarkend, Pizza Hut, Lasania, Shehryar's, Hameed's, Sam's, Al-Aziz, Al hamd, Khyaum restaurant, Lahore chatkhara, Hawali restaurant, and some other fast food restaurants.
- Pakistani fast foods & Bar BBQ - is also hot favourite here.
- Chinese Food - also popular among the people. Th best chinese restaurants are QULIM, NAMWAH,PEARL GARDEN. All are operated by Chinese persons.
- Bar Be Que - of best quality. Karachi's famous BBQ "Bundu Khan" has also opened an outlet and one may find that at 'D' Ground in People's Colony.
- RABRI - this is the most favourite drink of the people of Faisalabad. It is made by mixing peanuts, almonds & many other dry fruits in milk and is very delicious.
- SUGER CANE RUSK - is also very delicious.
- LIMO PANI - is very tasty. It is made up with lemon juice & water.
- LASSI - Lassi is the traditional Punjabi drink. Lassi is available in all parts of the city easily. It is made using yogurt. The price of one glass or a Piala of Lassi is about Rs.15
- You can stay at Charpai or "Manji" here, starting from Rs.15.
- Hotels' There are not many hotels in Faisalabad.
- "FAISALABAD SERENA HOTEL" is the only four star hotel. Some other hotels are: Rays, Prime, National, Rex, East Inn and Grace.
In the case of an emergency, call police by dialing 15 from any landline phone. If you are using a cellphone, dial 911 for police rescue.
- Ambulance Access To get an ambulance in case of an emergency, dial 115 from any landline or cellphone.