| || |
| || |
Revision as of 00:41, 15 May 2013
Førde is a town in Sogn og Fjordane.
There is a small airport situated 16 km south of the town, (IATA: FDE) which is served by Widerøe. There are four flights a day from Oslo, and two flights a day from Bergen.
There are express buses , three times a day to Oslo (approx. 8 hours), three times a day to Bergen (3 1/2 hour) and two times a day to Ålesund. Local buses to Florø eleven times a day.
Førde is situated at the E39 highway. You can reach Førde along this from Bergen or Ålesund. Or Route 5 towards Florø.
The town is spread around, so a car would be practical.
- Sunnfjord museum, ☎ +47 57721220 ([email protected], fax: +47 57721229), . Collection of old buldings. Adult: 50 kr, Children: Free.
- Sunnfjord Skisenter Blomlia, ☎ +47 57820677. Skiing slopes.
- Sogn og Fjordane Kunstmuseum, ☎ +47 97421565, . Opening hours: 11-18 (from 15. June to 31. Aug.), 11-16 (Sept.-15. June). Art gallery with café. 75 kr for adults.
- Førdefestivalen, . Førdefestivalen, or Førde Traditional and World Music Festival is a music festival that turns the town upside-down for a few days, with artists from all over the world. July 4-7.
- Om att, Hafstadvegen 41. Second hand clothes and accessories, fair trade articles and toys.
- Olefine Conditori, Hafstadvegen 48, . Traditional café owned by Naustdal Dampbakeri, a bakery established in 1888. Although the café is not very cozy or elegant, the cakes are delicious.
- Førde Pensjonat, Halbrendslia 14, ☎ +47 57821164.
- Quality Hotel Førde, Hafstadvegen 26, ☎ +47 57828110.
- Rica Sunnfjord Hotel, Storehagen 2, ☎ 57834000.
Route 13 to Balestrand is a scenic drive over the Gaularfjellet mountain pass. Beware that the road is closed in the winter.