Eureka  is in Humboldt County in California.
- Most visitors choose to travel to the Redwood Coast by car to enjoy the spectacular scenery. Driving time from the San Francisco Bay Area is five or six hours of spectacular scenery through Sonoma, Mendocino and Humboldt Counties.
- The Eureka/Arcata airport is served by three air carriers, United Express, Delta & Horizon Air, with daily flights from San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Sacramento, Los Angeles and Portland. The airport is located in the town of McKinleyville, 12 miles north of Eureka.
- Bus service is provided by Amtrak and Greyhound. Amtrak Thruway buses go from Eureka to the Capitol Corridor train at Martinez, northeast of San Francisco. You must have a ticket for a trip on the train to use Amtrak Thruway. Greyhound provides service to Oakland, California.
- Old Town. The heart of Eureka, Old town. Home to beautiful victorian era architecture, which house dozens of locally owned and operated stores ranging from beads to coffee to clothing. A must-see for those driving the 101.
- Paddlefest (10/7/2006 - 10/8/2006)Halverson Park, Eureka , CA 707-826-6016. September FREE
- Lost Coast Trail 707 825-2300 or 707-986-5400. A 24-mile section of the Lost Coast Trail leads north from Black Sands Beach to the Mattole River, along the wilderness beach. This is a rugged hike, not a simple walk on the beach, and is one of the few coastal wilderness hiking experiences in the U.S.
- Morris Graves Museum . This is a very respectable museum for a smaller area, and the architecture itself is quite artistic. The structure was the first Carnegie library in California and was completely renovated in the late 1990's.
- LightHouse of the North Coast is a non-profit providing "Solutions for Living with Vision Loss." Quality local vision rehabiliation services for people who are blind and visually impaired. Accessible summer camp, in Napa, CA, for people of all ages who happen to be blind, have low vision, or have dual sensory loss. Affiliated with 105-year old LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired, in San Francisco. Check it out! Recreational and educational possibilities, including adaptive equipment at Adaptations, the LightHouse store: www.lighthouse-sf.org and [email protected]
- Full Throttle Sportfishing (707) 498-7473. During fishing season, Captain Gary Blasi takes anglers out on his 22 ft boat the Seaweasel. Prices vary depending on what fish and how long you're out for. He fishes for Tuna, Salmon, Rockfish and Halibut. $150 for a half day or $250 for a whole day. Prices are per person. 
- Eureka Books (Eureka Books), 426 Second Street (in Old Town across from the gazebo), ☎ +1 707 444-9593, . Open 7 days. Eureka Books is one of the last classic antiquarian bookstores on the West Coast, offering new, used, and rare books, along with an extraordinary selection of vintage photographs, prints and maps. Located in the heart of Old Town in an elegant Victorian storefront built in 1879, Eureka Books is truly a destination bookstore. (40.80432,-124.167385)
- Lost Coast Brewery, 617 Fourth Street, +1 707-445-4480, . 11AM-1AM. Located in a 100-year-old building, a restored wood frame structure built in 1892.
- The SpeakEasy, 411 Opera Alley (in Old Town's Opera Alley between E and F, between 2nd and 3rd), ☎ (707) 444-2244. 4-11. New Orleans inspired bar that hosts live blues music, burlesque, and other prohibition themed fun; located in a 120 year old building which no doubt served the same purpose during the real days of prohibition. No food is served, 21 and over only. Beautiful ambience, perfect for a romantic meeting or a nightcap after a long day's travel. Plenty of local beer selection as well as an extensive drink menu. Open every day at 4! $$.
- Best Western Bayshore Inn, 3500 Broadway Street, +1 707 268-8005, Toll-free: +1 888 268-8005, Fax: +1 707 268-8002, .
- Best Western Humboldt Bay Inn, 232 W 5th Street, +1 707 443-2234, Toll-free: +1 800 521-6996, Fax: +1 707 443-3489, .
- Motel 6, 1934 Broadway Street, +1 707 445-9631, Fax: +1 707 444-3217, .
- The Cornelius Daly Inn, 1125 H Street., +1 707 445-3638, Toll-free: +800 321 9656, 
- Abigail's Elegant Victorian Mansion B&B Inn, 1406 C Street , Eureka CA, ☎ 707-444-3144, . Luxury Inn for discriminate connoisseurs who appreciate authentic high-style Victorian interior design, decor and antique furnishings.