Essex County  is in Ontario, Canada. Offering unique outdoor activities, wonderful communities and fascinating historic sites. This region has one of the longest growing seasons in Canada, offering great food and drink. The Lake Erie Shore and Pelee Island viticulture areas offer 13 wineries and the Canadian Club Distillary.
Essex County has a history of conserative Mennonites residing here since 1786. They emigrated to Ontario (then known as Upper Canada) from the United States after the American Revolution in 1776. They came from Pennsylvania, home to Mennonite immigrants since 1683 and who have prospered here since.
Duty Free Shopping
The Windsor-Detroit Tunnel.
The Pelee Islander, tel: 1-800-661-2220. Daily trips to Sandusky and mainland Ontario, Canada. Service to Sandusky is limited to once daily during the summer months, and is further restricted during the spring and fall. Advance vehicle reservations.
The MV Jiimaan, . The largest passenger ferry along the Lake Erie route to Pelee Island, to the foot of Jackson St., Sandusky, Ohio. From Leamington, Canada, Kingsville Govt. Dock, Ontario, Canada and Pelee Island, Ontario, Canada.
- Windsor-Detroit Tunnel Take the tunnel.  Between Detroit and Windsor connecting the US Interstates I-95, I 96 and I 75 to Ontario's Highway 401, it is one of the fastest routes between Ontario and the United States.
- Ambassador Bridge The worlds longest international suspension bridge.
- Essex County Steam & Gas Engine Museum, Located at Co-An Park, 11071 11th Concession, McGregor, +1 519 726-0606  Essex County Steam & Gas Engine Show, John Deere brand tractors and equipment, also includes a flea market, craft and food vendors, and a bake sale. Three-day event held the second weekend in August.
- Serbian Heritage Museum 6770 Tecumseh Rd. E. Windsor +1 519 944-4884 M-Fr 12/4p. Exhibits change every three to four months.
- Capricorn Pottery, 559 County Rd. 20 west,Kingsville, ON (2 minutes west of downtown Kingsville at County Rd. 20 west), ☎ (519) 733-8991, . call ahead for studio hours. Capricorn Pottery, established in 1977, showcases the handcrafted stoneware and RAKU pottery works of potter Gloria Gellner.Adult and Children's pottery classes available on site. Always call ahead for daily studio hours.
http://www.WindsorEats.com - a resource for wining and dining in Essex County. Provides listings of restaurants, wineries and allows visitors to browse menus and get all the restaurant contact information.
- D'Angelo Estate Winery, 5141 5th Concession (Amherstburg), ☎ +1-519-736-7959 (fax: +1-519-736-1912), .
- Sanson Estate Winery, 9238 Walker Road (McGregor,), ☎ +1-519-726-9609, . Monday - Saturday: 11:00 - 18:00, Sunday: 11:00 - 17:00.
- Erie Shore Winery, 410 County Road 50 West (Harrow,), ☎ +1-519-738-9858, . Monday - Friday: 13:00 - 18:00, Saturday: 10:00 - 18:00, Sunday: 12:00 - 17:00.
- Colio Estate Wines Inc., Address (Harrow, off of Walker Road), ☎ Winery:+1-519-738-2241, Tour center: +1-519-738-9318 ([email protected], fax: +1-519-738-3070), .
- Pelee Island Winery, 455 Seacliff Drive (County Road #20) (Kingsville,), ☎ +1-519-733-6551 ([email protected], fax: +1-519-733-6553), . Monday - Saturday: 09:00 - 18:00, Sunday: 11:00 - 17:00 (Tours: Daily at 12:00, 14:00, 16:00). Tours: Adults $5, Seniors $4.