Edenton is a town on the North Carolina Coastal Plain. It is the county seat for Chowan County.
Edenton is the second oldest town in North Carolina, incorproated in 1722. It is named for the recently deceased governor, Charles Eden. Edenton flourished with trade before the American Revolution. A hurricane in 1795 silted Roanoke Inlet thus obstructing sea shipping from Edenton, plus locals were opposed to railroads. Logging revived the town around 1880, a cotton mill and peanut plant helped propel the town into the 20th century.
Fly to Raleigh/Durham Airport or Virginia Beach.
Drive along US17.
Park free at the pier or on Broad St and walk around town, or stop at the visitor's center and take a trolley tour.
- Coupola House - 408 S. Broad St - 252-482-2637
- Barker House - 505 S Broad St. - 252-482-7800
- James Irdell House - 107 E Church St. 252-482-2637
- Saint Paul's Episcopal Church - Second oldest church in North Carolina - 101 West Gale St - 252-482-2637
- Ziegler House (visitor center) - 108 N Broad St. 252-482-2637 www.edenton.nchistoricsites.org
- 1886 Roanoke River Lighthouse - under renovation - 252-482-2637
- Colonial Waterfront Park Pier open dawn to 11 P.M. - 252-482-2832
- Edenton Cotton Mill Village & Museum of History - 420 Elliott St - 252-482-7455
- Playground by the pier
- Albermarle Regional Paddle Trail System - 252-482-7437
- Edenton-Chowan Parks & Recreation - 252-482-8595
- 309 Bistro - American fare - 309 S Broad - 252-482-0997
- Bayside MArina & Grill - 802 W Queen St - 252-482-5343
- Nothin' Fancy Cafe & Market - 701-C N Broad St - 252-482-1909
- Westover General Store & Deli - 801 W. Queen St. - 252-482-3323
- Mamasita's - Mexican - 1316 N Broad St - 252-482-6892
- Inner Banks Inn, 103 East Albemarle Street, ☎ +1-252-482-3641, . Historic downtown Edenton, NC bed and breakfast. edit
- John's Island Camping Platforms - 252-482-8595
- Historic Edenton State Historic Site Visitor Center - 108 N Broad St - 252-482-2637 
- Historic Hicks Field - Baseball stadium with original 1939 wooden stands. 500 Woodard St - 252-482-4080
- Taylor Twin Theater - Cinema built in 1925 - 208 S. Broad St - 252-482-2676