Eastpoint is a city in the Forgotten Coast region of Florida.
You can reach Eastpoint from US Highway 98. It is about 20 miles West of Carrabelle and 7 miles East of Apalachicola. St George Island is accessed from Eastpoint via Island Drive. You can also approach Eastpoint from State Road 65 from Interstate 10 through the Apalachicola National Forest.
Driving or walking is the best way to get around.
- Watch the boats come in, on the waterfront. Watch the oystermen come in with their oysters. Then buy some seafood to take home - they'll put it on ice for you.
- There is really nothing to do here..
- That Place On 98, 500 US Highway 98, ☎ +1 850-670-9898. M-Sa. Dine overlooking the Apalachicola Bay.
- The Hut, 315 US Highway 98, ☎ 850-670-8024. Good fried seafood. Same restaurant used to be in Apalachicola, but was destroyed by a hurricane - relocated to Eastpoint.
- Club 98, 191 US Hwy 98, ☎ +1 850-670-4898. M-Th 4PM-Midnight, F 4PM-2AM, Sa Noon-2AM, Su Noon-Midnight. Sports bar with game and entertainment room. Now closed.
- Sportsman's Lodge, 99 N Bayshore Dr (N on last road before bridge to Apalachicola), ☎ 850-670-8423. On the Apalachicola Bay in Eastpoint. The view is beautiful, but the motel is quite rustic. A better bet would be to stay in Apalachicola or St George Island. However, if you want to fish, there's plenty of room for your boat here.
Get out the same way you got in, by car.