DunseithEarth : North America : United States of America : Great Plains : North Dakota : Turtle Mountains : Rolette County (North Dakota) : Dunseith
Dunseith is a town in Rolette County, in the north central area of North Dakota. It has a population of about 739 people. Its map coordinates are latitude 48.81 N & longitude 100.06 W and its elevation is 1,700 feet.
Dunseith is a destination point for visitors, because it is the gateway to the Turtle Mountains and it lies just a few miles south of the International Peace Garden. This beautiful botanic garden straddles the border between Manitoba, Canada and the US.
- International Peace Garden . More than 150,000 varieties of flowers adorn this 2,339 acre botanical garden that commemorates the peace between Canada and the US. Special feature: large flower clock structure, twin bell tower carillon, peace chapel, Home of the International Music Camp. Open daily from 8:00AM to 10:00 PM from mid-May to mid-September.
- Lake Metigoshe State Park, about 22 miles north and west of Dunseith.
- W’eel Turtle, this giant statue of a turtle, which is made from 2,000 used tire rims, is both a symbol of the Turtle Mountains and an eminent example of reuse. Tel: (701) 244-5860.
- Log House, junction of US281 and SH5, this tourist information center offers Pride of North Dakota crafts in the gift shop. Tel: (701) 244-5860
- Dale’s see below.
- Dale’s Motel, junction SH3 and SH5, Dunseith, ND. Tel: (701) 244-5491.
Take US Highway 281 about 12 miles north from Dunseith to the International Peace Garden. From there you can drive west on SH43 to Lake Metigoshe State Park.
|Routes through Dunseith|
|Brandon ← becomes MB-10 ←||N S||→ Belcourt → Churchs Ferry |
|Crosby ← Bottineau ←||W E||→ Belcourt → Cavalier|
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|