- For other places with the same name, see Dundalk (disambiguation).
Dundalk is the largest town in Ireland. Its a bustling town midway between Dublin and Belfast.
Dundalk is the Dublin - Belfast railway line, with service provided throughout the day by the cross-border Enterprise and local Commuter trains.
Bus Éireann (from Dublin Busaras), Matthews Bus (from Parnell Street at O'Connell Street in Dublin) and Aircoach (from Dublin Airport) all serve Dundalk. Fares are around €9 single and €14 return.
Dundalk is a rather compact town and walking is probably the best way around
There is plently of good taxi services running in the town for example Sevens cabs
(042 93 77777)
- Dundalk has a very long and proud football history with Dundalk F.C..
- The town has a wide range of sports facilities including the JJB Soccer Dome, the Ice Dome, the Sportsbowl and the newly refurbished Horse and Greyhound racing tracks which are a magnificent addition to the town's look!
- Lisdoo, Armagh Road
- Malthouse, Dublin Road
- The Europa,Earl Street
- Spirit Store, The Quay
- Oscars, Park Street
- Bartender, Park Street
- The Phoenix, Park Street
Joanne Atkinson kitchen, dundalk. sometimes you can eat in the sitting room but your not allowed eat in the bedrooms.
- Sextons Bar & Restaurant, Dublin Road, Blackrock, Dundalk, Co Louth (5 mins north off the Dundalk by Pass on the old Dublin Road near the seaside village of Blackrock), ☎ +353 42 93 21449. Open Daily. Traditional Irish Pub which also serves local food.
- Ivy House, Blackrock (Exit M1 at junction 16, follow road signs for Dundalk, take right turn after crowne plaza, another right and follow the coast road for 5 minutes, the hotel on the right as you enter Blackrock Main St), ☎ 0861950823, . checkin: 2PM; checkout: 11AM. A beautiful period Georgian townhouse set right on the beach front. Superb views overlooking Dundalk Bay and the Irish Sea, as well as the Cooley and Mourne mountains. The car park is just beside and is free of charge. Doubles from €20. (54.000000,-6.416667)